Jump to content


Sneak Peek: October Specials


  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 26,409
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Get a first glance on our special events planned for this month!

The full text of the news item

ogremage #2 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33832 battles
  • 1,419
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011
"More Credits" looks promising. Trying to keep my expectations in check.

Napad24356 #3 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 37301 battles
  • 169
  • [ZUM] ZUM
  • Member since:
    01-22-2016
Still no mision marathon for tier 8 premium?

eucipri #4 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27898 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    12-26-2013
Wounder what tanks tanks will be for the new trade event ,o maybe only the ones that are always on shop?

DeadLecter #5 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24445 battles
  • 661
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
what does upgrade your arsenal exactly mean?does any1 know how it works?

eucipri #6 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27898 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    12-26-2013
I guess its like the trade event

_Aegon_The_Conqueror_ #7 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 2641 battles
  • 2,006
  • [NST] NST
  • Member since:
    01-10-2012
Oh you so silly, i was waiting November to see the sneak peak for October and wallpaper calendar for this month is not needed trust me you could publish a calendar for a whole year at the end of the year in December... 

SlyMeerkat #8 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 16621 battles
  • 2,249
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Nice

Gremlin182 #9 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 49252 battles
  • 8,246
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Looks good nothing mentioning crew training but we can hope.

 

One final thing and its the usual question why this

Posted September 27th on NA October overview.  https://worldoftanks...vents-overview/

 

Posted October 2nd on EU https://worldoftanks...k-october-2017/

 

The entire EU information posted

With the post-summer blues behind us, it is time to tackle the last quarter of the year, and build up speed before the great finale. Take a look at the special events we have planned for October, leading up to the exciting Halloween party!

Check the details of the events on the portal throughout the month, so you don't miss any interesting opportunities!
 

Specials

Top of the Tree  1–31 October: The Top of the Tree specials highlight top-tier tanks and provide nice discounts and bonuses on their branches for the entire month. This month, the floor goes to the T110E3, the sturdy and powerful American tank destroyer.

 

Spotlight: Tank Destroyers  7–10 October: The big guns in World of Tanks are standing in the spotlight. Enjoy great discounts on this class for an entire weekend! 

 

More Credits  14–17 October: You know very well that when it comes to tanks, there is no such thing as too much money. Luckily with this special offer, you will be able to get as close to rich as possible.

 

Upgrade your arsenal  19–31 October: Do you want something fresh and exciting from the premium arsenal? Take one of your premium vehicles gathering dust in the dark corner of your garage, return in to the store, and get a discount for the new machine!

 

XP Fever  21–24 October: Looks like World of Tanks is infected with XP flu. No medication is required, just rack up those XP and blaze through the tech trees at light speed!

 

Trick or Treat!  28–31 October: Massive discounts on a variety of useful gear and customisation options await you. There will be also a special mission granting you a nice serving of the tastiest treats!

 

compared to this on NA posted asI said on the 27th of September.

October Overview: Tanks That Go Bump in the Night

27/09/2017

October on our side of the world is when things start to cool down, but World of Tanks is staying hot! We’ve got a British tank special, a new Premium tank destroyer, “Supply Raid” missions, the “Tank Hollow,” and much more! Behold:

Tank Rewards: Tank Hollow

Play special missions during our Halloween-themed Tank Rewards event!

Starts Sept. 29, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET) / Ends Nov. 9, 23:00 PT (02:00 ET)

Supply Raids

Earn Personal Reserves, equipment, consumables, and other valuable items in these challenging special missions:

Oct. 2-16: Small Supply Raid

Oct 16-Nov. 1: Large Supply Raid

Premium Vehicle Sales

Enjoy deals on three British tanks, the Tiger 131, the Pudel, and a brand-new TD!

Oct. 5-16: Pz.Kpfw. IV Hydrostat.

Oct. 5-23: British Tanks-AC 4 Experimental, TOG II*, FV201 (A45)

Oct. 5-23: Tiger 131

Oct. 12-23: Pudel

Oct. 12-23: WZ-111

Oct. 19-23: NewPremium Tank Destroyer (TBA)

Oct. 19-30: M4AE8 Fury

Oct. 26-Nov. 6: T-44-100

Oct. 26-Nov. 6: M56 Scorpion

Special Premium Shop Sales

Get bundles with currency, consumables, and Personal Reserves.

Oct. 5-Nov. 11: Triumvirate

Oct. 12-23: Roadside Assistance

Oct. 19-Nov. 6: XP Booster Variety Pack

Weekly Deals

Need an edge during combat? Check out these weekly specials.

Oct. 5-16:Earn

Oct. 12-23:Advance

Oct. 19-30:Boost

Oct. 26-Nov. 6:Expand

Tank Mastery

Get an “Ace Tanker” Mastery Badge on the following tanks to unlock a [ICON] special emblem:

Oct. 6-16: MT-25, Panther, B1, Sav m/43

Oct. 13-23: Spähpanzer SP I C, M46 Patton, O-I Experimental, SU-100

Oct. 20-30: T71, Cromwell, Emil II, Jagdpanzer IV

Oct. 27-Nov. 6: 59-16, TVP VTU Koncept, KV-1S, T-28

XP Weekend Specials

Earn XP bonuses on the following weekends:

Oct. 6-10: x2Crew XP Weekend (Respecialization)

Oct 13-16: Friday the 13th Weekend

Oct. 20-23: x2Crew XP Weekend (Barracks)

Oct. 27-30: x2Crew XP Weekend (Camo) 

“On Track” Missions:

Get on the fast track to obtain top-tier vehicles! This month features a German heavy tank and French artillery.

Oct. 6-20: E 100

Oct. 20-Nov. 3: Bat.-Châtillon 155 58

 


Edited by Gremlin182, 02 October 2017 - 11:31 AM.


morganakis_gr #10 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 72867 battles
  • 558
  • [GR_GR] GR_GR
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013

View Posteucipri, on 02 October 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

Wounder what tanks tanks will be for the new trade event ,o maybe only the ones that are always on shop?

 

probably i will say good bye to t34 or lowe and get this strv td

eucipri #11 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27898 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    12-26-2013
Maybe t103 td release that new prem td

morganakis_gr #12 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 72867 battles
  • 558
  • [GR_GR] GR_GR
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013

View Posteucipri, on 02 October 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Maybe t103 td release that new prem td

 

i think will be the new french

Cobra6 #13 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • 15,837
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Can we finally get crew retraining on discount this month please!

 

It's been almost half a year or so now?!

 

Cobra 6



Sixty6 #14 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10233 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013

View PostGremlin182, on 02 October 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Looks good nothing mentioning crew training but we can hope.

 

One final thing and its the usual question why this

Posted September 27th on NA October overview.  https://worldoftanks...vents-overview/

 

Posted October 2nd on EU https://worldoftanks...k-october-2017/

 

The entire EU information posted

With the post-summer blues behind us, it is time to tackle the last quarter of the year, and build up speed before the great finale. Take a look at the special events we have planned for October, leading up to the exciting Halloween party!

Check the details of the events on the portal throughout the month, so you don't miss any interesting opportunities!
 

Specials

Top of the Tree  1–31 October: The Top of the Tree specials highlight top-tier tanks and provide nice discounts and bonuses on their branches for the entire month. This month, the floor goes to the T110E3, the sturdy and powerful American tank destroyer.

 

Spotlight: Tank Destroyers  7–10 October: The big guns in World of Tanks are standing in the spotlight. Enjoy great discounts on this class for an entire weekend! 

 

More Credits  14–17 October: You know very well that when it comes to tanks, there is no such thing as too much money. Luckily with this special offer, you will be able to get as close to rich as possible.

 

Upgrade your arsenal  19–31 October: Do you want something fresh and exciting from the premium arsenal? Take one of your premium vehicles gathering dust in the dark corner of your garage, return in to the store, and get a discount for the new machine!

 

XP Fever  21–24 October: Looks like World of Tanks is infected with XP flu. No medication is required, just rack up those XP and blaze through the tech trees at light speed!

 

Trick or Treat!  28–31 October: Massive discounts on a variety of useful gear and customisation options await you. There will be also a special mission granting you a nice serving of the tastiest treats!

 

compared to this on NA posted asI said on the 27th of September.

October Overview: Tanks That Go Bump in the Night

27/09/2017

October on our side of the world is when things start to cool down, but World of Tanks is staying hot! We’ve got a British tank special, a new Premium tank destroyer, “Supply Raid” missions, the “Tank Hollow,” and much more! Behold:

Tank Rewards: Tank Hollow

Play special missions during our Halloween-themed Tank Rewards event!

Starts Sept. 29, 04:20 PT (07:20 ET) / Ends Nov. 9, 23:00 PT (02:00 ET)

Supply Raids

Earn Personal Reserves, equipment, consumables, and other valuable items in these challenging special missions:

Oct. 2-16: Small Supply Raid

Oct 16-Nov. 1: Large Supply Raid

Premium Vehicle Sales

Enjoy deals on three British tanks, the Tiger 131, the Pudel, and a brand-new TD!

Oct. 5-16: Pz.Kpfw. IV Hydrostat.

Oct. 5-23: British Tanks-AC 4 Experimental, TOG II*, FV201 (A45)

Oct. 5-23: Tiger 131

Oct. 12-23: Pudel

Oct. 12-23: WZ-111

Oct. 19-23: NewPremium Tank Destroyer (TBA)

Oct. 19-30: M4AE8 Fury

Oct. 26-Nov. 6: T-44-100

Oct. 26-Nov. 6: M56 Scorpion

Special Premium Shop Sales

Get bundles with currency, consumables, and Personal Reserves.

Oct. 5-Nov. 11: Triumvirate

Oct. 12-23: Roadside Assistance

Oct. 19-Nov. 6: XP Booster Variety Pack

Weekly Deals

Need an edge during combat? Check out these weekly specials.

Oct. 5-16:Earn

Oct. 12-23:Advance

Oct. 19-30:Boost

Oct. 26-Nov. 6:Expand

Tank Mastery

Get an “Ace Tanker” Mastery Badge on the following tanks to unlock a [ICON] special emblem:

Oct. 6-16: MT-25, Panther, B1, Sav m/43

Oct. 13-23: Spähpanzer SP I C, M46 Patton, O-I Experimental, SU-100

Oct. 20-30: T71, Cromwell, Emil II, Jagdpanzer IV

Oct. 27-Nov. 6: 59-16, TVP VTU Koncept, KV-1S, T-28

XP Weekend Specials

Earn XP bonuses on the following weekends:

Oct. 6-10: x2Crew XP Weekend (Respecialization)

Oct 13-16: Friday the 13th Weekend

Oct. 20-23: x2Crew XP Weekend (Barracks)

Oct. 27-30: x2Crew XP Weekend (Camo) 

“On Track” Missions:

Get on the fast track to obtain top-tier vehicles! This month features a German heavy tank and French artillery.

Oct. 6-20: E 100

Oct. 20-Nov. 3: Bat.-Châtillon 155 58

 

 

Yeah I don't know why we get such mediocre events. 

 

According to http://wot-news.com/stat/server/  there are :

~35 mil players on RU server with aprox. 3 mil players active per week; 

~20 mil players on EU server with aprox. 865 000 players active per week;

~8.7 mil players on US with  aprox. 177.000 Active players per week.

 

Giving that the EU server has almost 8 times more active players , why we get such bad events ? Is it a strategy to get new players invest their time and make old players more salty ?

 

Let's put it marketing wise: an "old" player is more likely to play with premium account = money. Most new players will not invest money in a game , unless they enjoy it. I remember being free to play for the first 5-6 k battles , I didn't see the point in investing money in this game until I reached like tier 8-9. 

 

I think that events like this should be the same on all servers, only top of the tree to be the result based on what the population of the certain player base server is voting. Or make a vote pool for event of the current month , what do we want vehicle discount , crew training etc ?



Gremlin182 #15 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49252 battles
  • 8,246
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

View PostSixty6, on 02 October 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

 

Yeah I don't know why we get such mediocre events. 

 

According to http://wot-news.com/stat/server/  there are :

~35 mil players on RU server with aprox. 3 mil players active per week; 

~20 mil players on EU server with aprox. 865 000 players active per week;

~8.7 mil players on US with  aprox. 177.000 Active players per week.

 

Giving that the EU server has almost 8 times more active players , why we get such bad events ? Is it a strategy to get new players invest their time and make old players more salty ?

 

Let's put it marketing wise: an "old" player is more likely to play with premium account = money. Most new players will not invest money in a game , unless they enjoy it. I remember being free to play for the first 5-6 k battles , I didn't see the point in investing money in this game until I reached like tier 8-9. 

 

I think that events like this should be the same on all servers, only top of the tree to be the result based on what the population of the certain player base server is voting. Or make a vote pool for event of the current month , what do we want vehicle discount , crew training etc ?

 

For me its the openness of the NA approach.

Suppose I want to buy the defender but have limited cash I am prepared to spend on the game per month.

If I am an NA player I can see that there will be No Defender on sale for the whole of October and up to November 6th.

Now I can plan, save the money or take a look at the New TD coming out.

The only problem is if I also want one of the premiums on sale before that TD is revealed but at least I know enough to make a decision.

 

ON EU we know just the minimum.

I quite like the idea of a defender so if I were on the NA server I would be deciding between the A45 which I check out each time its on offer or more likely the New TD.

However I will also see that there are crew specials esp retraining coming in October too so I have to make sure I get some gold to retrain my crews.

 

Point is NA players can make informed decisions because they are given the information in advance but if EU just wants a lot of unhappy players well ok keep up the bad work ;)


Edited by Gremlin182, 02 October 2017 - 12:21 PM.


MIG_flyer #16 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 22755 battles
  • 84
  • Member since:
    07-17-2015

:sceptic:
Why is there always so far between crew training discounts?

Now at least another month without crew training discounts again!

:(



Head_crusher #17 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20887 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013
Once more we get that XP Fever Special that is only for premium vehicles and everybody loves so much because they have to use gold to convert XP if they want to "blaze through the tech trees at light speed" ?

Smelly_Cat #18 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22228 battles
  • 466
  • Member since:
    05-06-2011
Looks like the XP Fever is going to be a monthly norm.

Thrael7 #19 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23400 battles
  • 2,000
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

View PostCobra6, on 02 October 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Can we finally get crew retraining on discount this month please!

It's been almost half a year or so now?!

Cobra 6

 

I think you need to give me your wallet for safekeeping. Being dusty and all...:hiding:

 

#WGmakewalletsopenedagain2017 :trollface:


Edited by Thrael7, 02 October 2017 - 01:11 PM.


Holdes #20 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19988 battles
  • 605
  • Member since:
    06-10-2012

View PostSmelly_Cat, on 02 October 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Looks like the XP Fever is going to be a monthly norm.

 

Yeah, there must have been many players "blazing through the tech trees at the speed of light" to get to the replaced Foch before the release 9.20.0. 

 

Something tells me the release 9.20.1 with the Super Conqueror will go live after the XP flu. That would be a pure coincidence. :trollface:

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users