A word on "OP" premium tanks

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Razzupaltuff #1 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 40863 battles

When I pay good real money for a tank, I don’t want some mediocre crap to make all the the F2P crybabies happy that actually get their free game funded by the players paying for WoT game content. No, I want a competitive tank on par with its counterparts on elite status. If you are proud of never having spent a cent on WoT, here’s a few things for you to ponder on:

#1 You are NOT a customer of WG
#2 You enjoy the game entirely at the cost of those people paying for its content
#3 Hence you have NO *edited* say in where this game should go nor about the state it is in

You don’t want to pay for WoT because OP premiums, game is crap and devs are stupid anyway?

*edited*, stop playing it and get *edited* outta here.

You still want to play it but not spend a cent for it?

*edited* let those who PAY for it decide where it’s heading *edited*

You are a "good" clanplayer proud of not having to spend money on WoT, and you are despising and hating "OP" premium tanks at the same time? Don't forget that it's the paying players who fund all your clan freebies, gold, premium time and reward tanks.

Btw, most "OP" premium tanks aren't that OP, and if you are a good player you will hand the *edited* of any player using them over to him anyway. Only a good player will excel with any of these tanks, as he will with any other tank he decides to play. So if you feel inclined to whine about "OP" premium tanks, could it be that you are just a bad player who doesn't find a means against them because you cannot *edited* learn the game, weakspots, reload times, map layouts and figure good tactics?

Finally, if you are an OP premium tank hater, you are not the special snowflake you like to see yourself as. You are from a very small minority getting verbose about WoT in the forums anyway. I have even read that this game is primarily funded by all those tomatoes who cannot afford spending a lot of time with WoT but can afford spending money on it. You're salty they are running "OP" premium tanks? Aren't they exactly the kind of player you despise and roflstomp every day anyway? 

So please stop *edited* complaining about "OP" premium tanks, will ya? Each of these tanks has its weaknesses, and each of them can be overcome one way or the other.

Edited by Daxeno, 02 October 2017 - 01:53 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to vulgarity.

Jigabachi #2 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRazzupaltuff, on 02 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

So please stop *edited* complaining about "OP" premium tanks, will ya?

Dear Mr. Clan Diplomat,

what about no?

People complain about everything. Sometimes the complaints are valid, sometimes they are nonsense. We had and have lots of heated discussions and many occasions where people disagree with each other. But when something truly bad happens, the majority of players are on the same side. The introduction of OP premium tanks was one of those things.

If you disagree with the overall consensus, that's fine. But it doesn't matter, because your opinion isn't worth any more than the opinion of anyone else. Especially if you come here and say that paying players should have a higher weight in discussions, only because they can open their wallets. That's just stupid. Grow up and get down from your high horse cashcow.

P.S.: If the fate of the game was in the hand of your kind, it would be dead within two years.

Razzupaltuff #3 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 40863 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 02 October 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Dear Mr. Clan Diplomat,

what about no?

People complain about everything. Sometimes the complaints are valid, sometimes they are nonsense. We had and have lots of heated discussions and many occasions where people disagree with each other. But when something truly bad happens, the majority of players are on the same side. The introduction of OP premium tanks was one of those things.

If you disagree with the overall consensus, that's fine. But it doesn't matter, because your opinion isn't worth any more than the opinion of anyone else. Especially if you come here and say that paying players should have a higher weight in discussions, only because they can open their wallets. That's just stupid. Grow up and get down from your high horse cashcow.

P.S.: If the fate of the game was in the hand of your kind, it would be dead within two years.

Two simple reasons:

#1 People love to complain.

#2 They even more love to complain about things they would like to have but cannot afford 

And isn't it funny how WoT players keep raging how this game is going down the gutter (which btw they are doing for years), yet keep playing the game? I wonder if there is nothing else in their lives to complain about and whether they just need something to make themselves (or probably rather others) feel miserable.

As far as the "Clan Diplomat" goes: I am not in clan anymore for a while and I had asked the mod team to remove the tag. If you know how to get rid of the tag, feel free to tell me. Otherwise please kindly Edited yourself, will you?

Edited by Asklepi0s, 02 October 2017 - 01:07 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Jigabachi #4 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRazzupaltuff, on 02 October 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

Two simple reasons:

#1 People love to complain.

#2 They even more love to complain about things they would like to have but cannot afford

Sooo... basically everyone who doesn't share your opinion is an idiot, right?

Because you completely ignore those who complain about the many many valid problems and who use logic and reason rather than butthurt and salt to fuel their arguments.

Block Quote

As far as the "Clan Diplomat" goes: I am not in clan anymore for a while and I had asked the mod team to remove the tag. If you know how to get rid of the tag, feel free to tell me. Otherwise please kindly [stronk arguments].

Yes, you should definitely get that tag removed. Just wait a moment and contact the mod after he closed this thread.

Razzupaltuff #5 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 40863 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 02 October 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Sooo... basically everyone who doesn't share your opinion is an idiot, right?

Because you completely ignore those who complain about the many many valid problems and who use logic and reason rather than butthurt and salt to fuel their arguments.

Yes, you should definitely get that tag removed. Just wait a moment and contact the mod after he closed this thread.

Oooh, getting personal now, huh? LOL.

Wasn't it you who wrote "People complain about everything?"

And where did I address "everybody" and where did I refer to the intelligence of WoT players here? Why don't you just shove your trollish polemic insinuations up yours? I think you are displaying your mindset much more than you are exposing mine.

That prediction about closure of this thread ... so salty.

Edited by Razzupaltuff, 02 October 2017 - 12:09 PM.

Coldspell #6 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19340 battles
28 or so tier 8 prem and don't think I've played more then 1 week without prem...... Still think Op prems should be nerfed or removed and I own at least 8 broken OP prems.

Folau #7 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
OP is funny.

EvilThatMenDo #8 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26285 battles
  • [EFE] EFE
"hey let´s make a thread and complain about people complaining" that sounds like a good idea. 

Sfinski #9 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31704 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostColdspell, on 02 October 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

28 or so tier 8 prem and don't think I've played more then 1 week without prem...... Still think Op prems should be nerfed or removed and I own at least 8 broken OP prems.

There's so many? What are those?

Derethim #10 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17504 battles

I have invested money into this game, altough it never was into OP premiums, but mostly freeXP and a couple of tier V prems I thought were good.

PREMIUM TANKS SHOULD IMO, NEVER BE STRONG ENOUGH TO BE COMPETITIVE.

Wargaming had a policy long time ago - premium tanks should be weaker, than their same-tier counterparts to compensate for their credit-making potential.

Tanks like Skorpion G and Defender are bad for the game

Sirebellus #11 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19088 battles
I have tier 6 tanks, they can't penetrate the latest T8 Prems even using Premium Ammo

But I do know how to "hand the a*s" to the T8 OP prem boys... I just don't play T6 or T7 tanks anymore, and if enough people like me do the same T8 prem owners only ever get to be low tier and then they come on the forums whining about the MM

mikedee #12 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22280 battles
*edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 02 October 2017 - 01:55 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to insults.

Cobra6 #13 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRazzupaltuff, on 02 October 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Btw, most "OP" premium tanks aren't that OP, and if you are a good player you will hand the a*s of any player using them over to him anyway. Only a good player will excel with any of these tanks, as he will with any other tank he decides to play. So if you feel inclined to whine about "OP" premium tanks, could it be that you are just a bad player who doesn't find a means against them because you cannot be ars*d to learn the game, weakspots, reload times, map layouts and figure good tactics?

That must be the reason why tomato and unicum alike are getting a higher winratio on the Defender than most other tanks they play, because the Defender is good for the game and balanced :teethhappy:

ps: I've had a premium account since Closed Beta and have got quite a lot of premium tanks and you know what? The latest premiums are still *very bad* for the game in general and should not have been released in the state they were released in. Even though I am a customer of this game as you say I don't think it's a good way to handle things.

Sure, I could have bought tanks like the Defender or OPatriot and added to the ever increasing problem in this game, but just like with arty if you want to make the game better: Don't play or buy it. If something is released which you can clearly see is broken (compared to it's regular peers) the last thing you should do is buy it.

Unless you are either a cynical @ss or you don't care what happens to this game in the long run, then by all means go ahead.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 02 October 2017 - 01:28 PM.

Celution #14 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 26232 battles
OP is the type of person that doesn't want any of his tanks nerfed because he spent money on this game, alongside having the opinion that paying customers are those who decide what may and may not be done.

RandomBlank #15 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10346 battles

Dear mr. Clan Diplomat. Let me offer an even more exclusive one-time-only solution.

Please transfer $1000 to my paypal, and you'll receive the ultimate weapon in WoT: The Victory Badge. No matter what the screen after battle says, you have won that battle, as long as you keep the Victory Badge. No matter what your in-game results, you're still the ultimate winner over all other players and on top of the Ultimate Hall Of Fame.*

* The Victory Badge and Ultimate Hall Of Fame are not affiliated with Wargaming.net and don't influence any statistics in game. They are a separate 3rd party feature, similarly to WN8, except instead of basing on in-game stats, they reflect the value of cash offer made by the customer.

** For a limited time, for mere $2000 more, you will receive a World of Tanks mod, that displays "Victory" at the battle results screen regardless of results, and places your tank on top of the Team Results list regardless of its actual performance in battle. Mod may be delivered after a slight delay (I'll need to commission someone to write it after I get the money.)

Edited by RandomBlank, 02 October 2017 - 01:37 PM.

SlyMeerkat #16 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16429 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I agree, the amount of times people have cried about an apparent "OP Tank" is just them over reacting and dwelling on it like its the end of the world...... I have had no issues taking on this said OP tanks because i either get their flanks or if they are holding a spot off, just goes else where and deal with them later, i have also had no issues with dealing with them normally so i dont get what the big fuss is all about really :/

Derethim #17 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17504 battles

View PostCelution, on 02 October 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

OP is the type of person that doesn't want any of his tanks nerfed because he spent money on this game, alongside having the opinion that paying customers are those who decide what may and may not be done.

Someone (OP) should read the EULA :teethhappy:

Crow_Eschatologist #18 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23085 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 02 October 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

I agree, the amount of times people have cried about an apparent "OP Tank" is just them over reacting and dwelling on it like its the end of the world...... I have had no issues taking on this said OP tanks because i either get their flanks or if they are holding a spot off, just goes else where and deal with them later, i have also had no issues with dealing with them normally so i dont get what the big fuss is all about really :/

It depends; a single excessively strong tank can be a nuisance, but sure there are workarounds - although having to treat a premium tank with more caution than a regular tank is unhealthy for gameplay as a whole.

The problem is a critical mass of the things. I have had a multiplicity of games now where 3 or 4 Defenders get matched against a mixture of IS-6 and FCM. The Defenders push as a block (sensibly, after all they all like the same terrain) and stomp whatever thing has a gun big enough to bother them first. They can then pick apart the weaker (read:powercrept) premiums at their leisure, as expecting the older premiums to hold their own is  . . . misguided . . . at best.

The same applies to the STRV S1 and Skorpion; 1 isn't a problem, 3 Skorpions / S1s matched against 3 KJpz / JT88s are going to roflstomp them most of the time.

Given premium tanks' tendency to get matched directly against other premium tanks, a critical mass of OP ones against weaker ones is format warping. Whether you consider that bad is a value judgement, but I personally tend to think that being able to directly purchase game warping advantages is scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of good game design. (Good monetisation? Debateably.) 

Crow_Eschatologist #19 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23085 battles

Also: the OP comes across as a spoiled, entitled crybaby. Is the entire post supposed to be ironic?

Reading their replies it seems lamentably unlikely.

HugSeal #20 Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostRazzupaltuff, on 02 October 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Oooh, getting personal now, huh? LOL.

I like how you reflect on your previous post explaining what you are doing.

(Not really)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users