"NO MORE ONE SHOT, AND BTG": WG said

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

FaceURfearS #1 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12386 battles
  • [GENIE] GENIE

Ok, here is the thing that was amazing, sure it happened with others, driving my AT2, and arty loves slow tanks indeed,

And what was that WG said about nerfing arties and no more one shot and go back to garage in the first minute

Explain this: Heavy armor TD moving like a boss and one tier higher arty took it in one shot????

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_001.jpg   633.19K

Edited by FaceURfearS, 02 October 2017 - 11:50 AM.

HundeWurst #2 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70102 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

Stop camping, obviously *doohhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Well WG did not really change low tier arty at all. Just compare the Hummle with the tier 9 BC arty. Damage wise they are on paar, even though the BC arty is 3 tiers higher. Makes total sense does it now?

Keissaus #3 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9062 battles
Well, pen and alpha of most arty is indeed reduced. Hower, the Hummel still has 39mm pen, while the engine deck of an AT2 is only 19mm. If anything, the Hummel should be rather dissatisfied by only having 450HP to take away while his alpha, with a pen, is 680.

FaceURfearS #4 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12386 battles
  • [GENIE] GENIE

View PostWunderWurst, on 02 October 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Stop camping, obviously *doohhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

HAHAHAHA!!

View PostWunderWurst, on 02 October 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Well WG did not really change low tier arty at all. Just compare the Hummle with the tier 9 BC arty. Damage wise they are on paar, even though the BC arty is 3 tiers higher. Makes total sense does it now?

But how come they didnt change the lower tiers, matter of the facts that they need to nerf lower arties more than high tier, low tiers arties have good gun caliber, and indeed they will take any lower tier like this with one shot

Jigabachi #5 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To be fair: How often does that happen these days?

I didn't play lowtiers that much since quite a long time, but I can't remember seeing many oneshots, let alone getting oneshot.

btw: Arty being toptier is one of the major things that should get fixed. That simply shouldn't happen.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66636 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Show me where they said arty could not one shot anything at lower tiers? All they said was now, arty can't one shot equal tier HT's or higher, and at times mediums at the same tier. Not turretless TD's, other SPG's or lights at the same tier, or lower tiers. As most SPG's on tier 5 has enough alpha to take you out if they hit your 19mm engine deck. But not everyone has the pen to keep that damage roll vs armor if they hit your roof. Hummel has 39mm pen and 680 alpha. Enough to take you via the roof, high pen roll or not vs armor difference.

And as pointed out above. How often does that happen to you now vs before the arty changes? I can say one time I've been one shot by arty the past few patches. And that was in my Hellcat, that is an open top tank, vs a tier 7 arty. Usually not even 20% of my HP goes on a direct hit. Even less so on tanks with armor. Even from equal tiers.

Edited by Balc0ra, 02 October 2017 - 12:06 PM.

FaceURfearS #7 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12386 battles
  • [GENIE] GENIE

View PostJigabachi, on 02 October 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

I didn't play lowtiers that much since quite a long time, but I can't remember seeing many oneshots, let alone getting oneshot.

btw: Arty being toptier is one of the major things that should get fixed. That simply shouldn't happen.

Well for me also, as i am going through the british TD line grinding to FV, this never happened to me before in low tiers since they nerfed all arties "i suppose".....

laulaur #8 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46908 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

You should have just avoided to be hit by arty.

If you don't know how, i will tell you:

-never try attack or push

-never try to flank

-never try to spot

-hide behind the biggest building/mountain/rock on the map, and do NOT try to look or shoot the enemy tanks

Sure, playing like this sounds like not so much fun, but you are 'arty safe'  :trollface:

P.S: I also took today i nice shot from arty:

Edited by laulaur, 02 October 2017 - 12:15 PM.

StrikeFIN #9 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6382 battles
  • [FIPDR] FIPDR
Just like other tanks, weak roof / engine deck (done because of arty?)

Comrade_Renamon #10 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9835 battles
They said that the number of one shots will be reduced and not removed altogether.

FaceURfearS #11 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12386 battles
  • [GENIE] GENIE

View Postlaulaur, on 02 October 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

-never try to flank

-never try to spot

-hide behind the biggest building/mountain/rock on the map, and do NOT try to look or shoot the enemy tanks

Sure, playing like this sounds like not so much fun, but you are 'arty safe'  :trollface:

MUAHAHAHAH!!! yes thank you the advice

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #12 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Yes, higher tier arty is more balanced nowadays.... mid tier arty is more broken nowadays, with higher accuracy, higher rate of fire, and hardly any reduction in damage done, which is compensated more than enough by the accuracy and rof buff.

So works as designed :)

HundeWurst #13 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70102 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostFaceURfearS, on 02 October 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

HAHAHAHA!!

But how come they didnt change the lower tiers, matter of the facts that they need to nerf lower arties more than high tier, low tiers arties have good gun caliber, and indeed they will take any lower tier like this with one shot

I guess people primarily complained about tier 7 till 10 arty. That stuff was and still is seriously broken. The lower tiers were never the biggest concern as of now.

View PostJigabachi, on 02 October 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

I does not matter how often that happens. It first should not ever happen and second if it happens you get so damn frustrated. Its super unfair.

Cobra6 #14 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

One-Shots generally happen to lightly armoured vehicles (in comparison) and guess which type of vehicles good players prefer to play?

One-shots are still very much a problem in this game because HE shells from arty still have penetration numbers instead of 1 or 0.

Cobra 6

HeidenSieker #15 Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 02 October 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

-never try to flank

-never try to spot

That's not what other people better than you say, though  is it.

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 October 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Show me where they said arty could not one shot anything at lower tiers? All they said was now, arty can't one shot equal tier HT's or higher, and at times mediums at the same tier. Not turretless TD's, other SPG's or lights at the same tier, or lower tiers. As most SPG's on tier 5 has enough alpha to take you out if they hit your 19mm engine deck. But not everyone has the pen to keep that damage roll vs armor if they hit your roof. Hummel has 39mm pen and 680 alpha. Enough to take you via the roof, high pen roll or not vs armor difference.

And as pointed out above. How often does that happen to you now vs before the arty changes? I can say one time I've been one shot by arty the past few patches. And that was in my Hellcat, that is an open top tank, vs a tier 7 arty. Usually not even 20% of my HP goes on a direct hit. Even less so on tanks with armor. Even from equal tiers.

The patch notes said:

When revising arty parameters, we tried to fix both issues:

• To lower the chances of being severely crippled, if not outright destroyed by SPGs, we significantly reduced the penetration and damage per shot for HE shells, while also removing AP, APCR, and HEAT shells for them. Of course, one-shots are still possible if the shell lands on the target and hits its ammo rack, but the chances of it happening are close to zero now.
  • To improve gun handling, we decreased SPG dispersion on the move and their reload time, while also improving aiming time and accuracy. It no longer feels like a lottery: you spend far less time preparing your shot, know where the shell will land, and are certain to stun all vehicles unlucky enough to be in the blast radius, whether your shell hits one of them or not. In other words, you have better chances to meaningfully contribute to the team’s efforts.

So it was a pretty decent change, either way. There are quite a few other changes in this patch.

Edit: Since that patch (9.18) there have been other changes too.

HundeWurst #16 Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70102 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostHeidenSieker, on 02 October 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

-never try to flank

-never try to spot

No but its the only way to counter arty if you want to do that.

There is no other way to play correctly against arty. Ofc you are going to sacrifice pretty much anything "else" for playing like that. But at least someone might have the satisfaction that arty did not deal any damage to them.

xtrem3x #17 Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32608 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

Why have you posted on this forum just because you were killed by arty?

Shall we all start doing that?

I get killed by arty most of the time I die when playing my T95 but I don't feel the need to write about it each time :arta:

HeidenSieker #18 Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 02 October 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostHeidenSieker, on 02 October 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

-never try to flank

-never try to spot

No but its the only way to counter arty if you want to do that.

There is no other way to play correctly against arty. Ofc you are going to sacrifice pretty much anything "else" for playing like that. But at least someone might have the satisfaction that arty did not deal any damage to them.

So, is it a good idea to play the game as laulau says, or not? I put it to you that it's a rubbish way to play the game, and will result in a low win rate and poor stats.

Jigabachi #19 Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWunderWurst, on 02 October 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

I does not matter how often that happens. It first should not ever happen and second if it happens you get so damn frustrated. Its super unfair.

Agreed, I just tried to put it into perspective, as these threads always sound like these things happen in every single match.

unhappy_bunny #20 Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18427 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostFaceURfearS, on 02 October 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Ok, here is the thing that was amazing, sure it happened with others, driving my AT2, and arty loves slow tanks indeed,

And what was that WG said about nerfing arties and no more one shot and go back to garage in the first minute

Explain this: Heavy armor TD moving like a boss and one tier higher arty took it in one shot????

Hmm. Arty hits twice for no damage, t-34 hits 3 times, damaging twice and op claims arty one shot him. 

Perhaps you had better recheck your screen shot. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users