They call it Random MM - Who are the winners?

Random Match Making

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Thorslightning #1 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15934 battles

Some statistics from 1 month play in tiers 3-9:

295 times as lowest tier

150 times as middle tier

105 times as highest tier

Statistics from 2,5 month play in tiers 3-9:

490 times as lowest tier

219 times as highest tier

Of course this is not random. Its rigged match making.

I wonder who gets the benefit from playing more often in the highest tiers and what shall you do to be among the  privileged  players?

K_A #2 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's not rigged matchmaking, that's what everyone is having now because of this new template matchmaking bs.

Gkirmathal #3 Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

What Kane said, and that the 3-5-7 template is favored above the other two templates (5-10 and single tiered battles).

So you see OP, more lower tiers are needed to fill those 7 in 3-5-7 and the MM system 'has been forced' to make more "3-5-7 teams" than 5-10 or single tier teams. Look up WG patch notes on 9.19 and be amazed.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22320 battles

View PostThorslightning, on 02 October 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

295 times as lowest tier

150 times as middle tier

490 times as lowest tier

I wonder who gets the benefit from playing more often in the highest tiers and what shall you do to be among the  privileged  players?

Are you for real? you have just statistically shown the MM system which affects anything tier8 or lower in which you most likely, statistically be the bottom tier as this is statistically the most numerous tier in most battles, honestly what are people not getting about this MM system? There are, as you know, only 3 top tier tanks in battles outside of equal or two tier battles or 20% of both teams in other words so statistically if you are using a tier8 or lower, then you only have around a 20% chance of being one of those 3 top tier players.

I'm not saying this is a good system or bad system I just don't get why players are still surprised to discover that guess what, they are drawn top tier only 20% of the time on average.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29251 battles

View PostThorslightning, on 02 October 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

295 times as lowest tier

150 times as middle tier

490 times as lowest tier

3-5-7 Matchmaking means you should be bottom tier a little less than half the time and slightly more in or high. Your figures are almost spot on proving the MM is working entirely as intended. Your problem is not rigging, it's you don't understand math.

kaneloon #6 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28139 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Well ... it cannot be THAT simple.

I looked at my 40 battles replays with the japanese HT VI since I won it, wondering why I got the feeling something "unfair" was happening.

So in 40 battles (replays can be given) :
I met tiers VIII 14 battles.
I met tiers VII  16 battles, with 13 only VII and VI, only 3 with tiers V.
I was top tiers  10 battles, with 6 only VI, and 4 battles with only VI and V : so I was really "top tiers" in 4 battles out of 40 battles.

And no tiers IV ever encountered.

Edited by kaneloon, 02 October 2017 - 09:31 PM.

clixor #7 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51483 battles
Everybody is so focused on seeing higher tiers that they are forgetting that there also the exact same amount of same tiers on the enemy team. Fight them, support your toptiers, do better than the same tiers on the other team. And speaking of being toptier. The average wot player fails miserably being toptier (in 3/5/7) as it's not that easy to lead/carry your team. As a matter of fact, those players often even do better as support.

Edited by clixor, 02 October 2017 - 09:43 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29251 battles

It's exactly that simple. On average over enough 3-5-7 games you should be top tier 20% of the time. Mid tier 33% of the time and bottom tier 47%.

OP's example he was top tier 105 out of an expected 110 games, mid tier 150 out of an expected 181 and bottom tier 295 out of an expected 258. Allowing for statistical drift that's spot on as expected.

Eaglax #9 Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

it's not rigged, that's the way the 3/5/7 system is intended to be...it's just simple mathematics and statistic....even without any basic knowledge of those, it should be clear that you can't be the highest tier as often as you are lowest tier in this system.

Just an example we have 3 patterns 3/5/7, 5/10 and 15 MM, so 45 possible places to be in. Let's assume all of those patterns have the same probability to be chosen by the MM, then you have a chance of 6% (3/45) to meet -2 tier enemies. The actual chance is higher because the 3/5/7 pattern is preferred, but it's hard to say, my guess would be anywhere between 15 and 20%. (20%(3/15) would be in a 3/5/7 MM only)

So the MM is working as intended, if you would be top tiers more often, then it would be rigged.....sad but that's how it is, you can thank those people who whined about the old MM....

Edited by Eaglax, 02 October 2017 - 09:53 PM.

kaneloon #10 Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28139 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

View Postclixor, on 02 October 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

Everybody is so focused on seeing higher tiers that they are forgetting that there also the exact same amount of same tiers on the enemy team. Fight them, support your toptiers, do better than the same tiers on the other team. And speaking of being toptier. The average wot player fails miserably being toptier (in 3/5/7) as it's not that easy to lead/carry your team. As a matter of fact, those players often even do better as support.

Okkkayyy Maaster (and hi) ... but I find your comments a bit contemptuous :

- If you play low tiers is the current MM, you will less experience being top tiers than players in the highest tiers.

Being top tiers is the best way to carry, even more if you are the best or luckiest player (yes there are teams with only red players).

- Experience is what counts in wot : knowing the maps, the strenghts and weaknesses of tanks : their view range, armor, ...

What you learn at tiers VI -if you stay years in your "confort zone" after failing sometimes at higher tiers- means little at tiers X.

- I pretty much know that the global level of players is increasing at higher tiers.

You may say "not in average", but you cannot object that there are more and more very good players :-)

I really think that any new player should progress as fast as possible to rank X, and not linger in the lowest tiers, all the more with the current MM.

Being a sidekick doesn't teach you how to boss.

Edited by kaneloon, 02 October 2017 - 10:30 PM.

Thorslightning #11 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15934 battles
Nuclear S, I understand so much about math that I know that a "template" of 3-5-7 makes the outfall "not randomised" It means it´s a rigged system. So if you are right Tungsten, playing in tier 9 is more favourable than playing in tier 8 if I understand you correctly. I will test your hypotese. 

brumbarr #12 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostThorslightning, on 02 October 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

Nuclear S, I understand so much about math that I know that a "template" of 3-5-7 makes the outfall "not randomised" It means it´s a rigged system. So if you are right Tungsten, playing in tier 9 is more favourable than playing in tier 8 if I understand you correctly. I will test your hypotese. 

So the MM is only random according to you when it randomly pick any tank of of the que? No matter the tier, class? Sounds like fun.

Mike_Mckay #13 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20539 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

295 times as lowest tier

150 times as middle tier

490 times as lowest tier

It depends on how random it is

You could probably find someone with the same vehicles, number of battles, stats and who has spent the same amount on the game as you and their stats could be the complete reverse of yours if its purely random

But without looking at the same time period for every player then cross referencing against their stats and spending to see if theres a pattern you couldn't really draw any conclusions

"generally" for everyone with terrible tier or team placement there will be someone with extremely good tier and team placement but with the majority tending to be "middle-ish" in one or the other, the more extreme the team or tier placement gets the fewer people will be in that group "generally" speaking

You would probably find that different times of day, whether you are on EU1 or EU2 and what tiers youre playing at any given time might also show a pattern too

But what tends to be the case is that the people who do get the opposite to what you are getting wont have any reason to post forum threads complaining about it

Its like any "product", people complain when they see something wrong with it, but they might only be 5% of all the customers whilst being 95% of the people posting online reviews of that product, the fact that what they say wont seem accurate to the other 95% doesn't mean its not true, its just a reflection of how and why people tend to be vocal about things

K_A #14 Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMike_Mckay, on 03 October 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

It depends on how random it is

You could probably find someone with the same vehicles, number of battles, stats and who has spent the same amount on the game as you and their stats could be the complete reverse of yours if its purely random

But without looking at the same time period for every player then cross referencing against their stats and spending to see if theres a pattern you couldn't really draw any conclusions

"generally" for everyone with terrible tier or team placement there will be someone with extremely good tier and team placement but with the majority tending to be "middle-ish" in one or the other, the more extreme the team or tier placement gets the fewer people will be in that group "generally" speaking

You would probably find that different times of day, whether you are on EU1 or EU2 and what tiers youre playing at any given time might also show a pattern too

But what tends to be the case is that the people who do get the opposite to what you are getting wont have any reason to post forum threads complaining about it

Its like any "product", people complain when they see something wrong with it, but they might only be 5% of all the customers whilst being 95% of the people posting online reviews of that product, the fact that what they say wont seem accurate to the other 95% doesn't mean its not true, its just a reflection of how and why people tend to be vocal about things

Do you have dyslexia or are you just stupid? We pretty much unanimously agreed that what OP is experiencing is exactly the same kind of mm everyone else is also experiencing, thus not rigged but that the current system just produces those kinds of results... The only difference you can get is if you only play tier 10 you are guaranteed a top tier spot.

Mike_Mckay #15 Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20539 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostK_A, on 03 October 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

Do you have dyslexia or are you just stupid? We pretty much unanimously agreed that what OP is experiencing is exactly the same kind of mm everyone else is also experiencing, thus not rigged but that the current system just produces those kinds of results... The only difference you can get is if you only play tier 10 you are guaranteed a top tier spot.

Do you even know what dyslexia is?

Because it would be totally irrelevant here unless I had swapped letters around multiple times which I'm fairly sure I didn't

And did you also make the same post for the 2nd 3rd and every subsequent person who had the same opinion too btw? Or did you just decide to single only me out for your totally unrelated inane commentary?

Enterprise_NCC1701A #16 Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11688 battles
Can a smart guy explain to me why i played 162 games in t-34-85m, where i was 6 (SIX) times top tier, 15 times single 6 tier and ALL other bottom tier? THE GAME IS RIGGED!!! Nobody with a premium account and wg associates will ever tell you that you need to pay real money to get good mm!

BravelyRanAway #17 Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22602 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostEnterprise_NCC1701A, on 03 October 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

Can a smart guy explain to me why i played 162 games in t-34-85m, where i was 6 (SIX) times top tier, 15 times single 6 tier and ALL other bottom tier? THE GAME IS RIGGED!!! Nobody with a premium account and wg associates will ever tell you that you need to pay real money to get good mm!

:teethhappy::D:teethhappy::D

sgtYester #18 Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54472 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

the only winnenr here is WG.  tnx to the new mm u need to fire more p2w ammo and thus need more credits and as such ur more inclined to buy prem time/prem tank  =wg profit

as simple as that and they wont change it back. 

bgjudge #19 Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28524 battles

295 times as lowest tier

150 times as middle tier

490 times as lowest tier

pay WG for premium ACC and u will get a better chance to get into -2 game, where u are top tier , or just having better team.

Kozzy #20 Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

295 times as lowest tier

150 times as middle tier

490 times as lowest tier

Non-English speakers on this forum are normally really (like really good) at English (embarrassingly so).  But one word you non-English speakers cannot seem to grasp the meaning of is 'rigged'.  Seriously, before you use this word again please, please look up its meaning.  Any argument you make while using this word incorrectly makes the argument look ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users