can we please do something about gold ammo...

gold ammo

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

haha_ufail #1 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21195 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

i took a week off from the game and its gone from 1-3 people shooting gold... to almost every hit i receive is gold ammo.... even when driving poorly armored tanks that could be slammed by HE,

its getting a bit beyond the joke at this point and really needs to be addressed.

call_me_ShockZz #2 Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16920 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
Why would you complain if they would pen you anyway let them use that gold and shoot it back

Junglist_ #3 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35132 battles
But did you tell them you had 400 wn8 not 1.5 years ago?

laulaur #4 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View Posthaha_ufail, on 02 October 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

i took a week off from the game and its gone from 1-3 people shooting gold... to almost every hit i receive is gold ammo.... even when driving poorly armored tanks that could be slammed by HE,

its getting a bit beyond the joke at this point and really needs to be addressed.

Really? I do grind in Mauschen since saturday, and there is no 'golden shower' for me.

Lucky me, i guess they already consumed all gold ammo shooting your paper tanks...

Mimos_A #5 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21295 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
Why would we?

Bucifel #6 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27744 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 02 October 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Why would you complain if they would pen you anyway let them use that gold and shoot it back

because when it pens, pens you in last expected point (strongest, thickest..etc)..and thats not normal

Derethim #7 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

Some tanks have barely enough armor, but it's at good angles, or useful angles, like the Tiger 1, which is essentialy a box, that can be diagonally angled to be a bit effective against the same tier.

But there are also newer tanks, that make the use of gold ammo mandatory. Their armor, especially in the front, is calculated just enough, so that the fewest tanks of their own tier can frontally penetrate them with AP.

Talking about AMX M4 49 or most japanese havies from tier V up.

This makes people load gold and simply not care about aiming, or not load gold and play TDs. Which DOES make sense - you do see a lot of TDs and not just because of the new line.

And then there are also premium tanks with massive basic AP pen and penetrate-near-everything gold pen.

But no sense in complaining.

A) Wargaming won't do anything about it. Why would they make it so in the first place, if they wanted to keep it balanced? It's so obviously set on purpose in many Free to Play games it hurts to see people spend so much money on them (the games in general, not just WoT). This is not so bad tho, we're all greedy and the company needs money to evolve and pay-off it's spendings. If you've played Gaijin's games, except War Thunder, that's where it gets bad and cheap.

They probably don't realize, that they'd still make a crapton of money if the game was a lot more balanced, more fun and more popular, both WG and Gaijin.

OR the company can just make it really popular and balanced and fun at first and then periodically switch the balance back and forth between unbalanced and balanced, because that makes a lot of money in the Free2Play universe, seen a few companies do it, like CD Projekt Red with Gwent - the game was great, so they changed the balance of a few cards to "keep the meta fresh and fun". People high up the ladder immediately had to invest in new cards to keep competitive.

When someone on the forums, be it here, be it in Gwent or any other Free 2 Play game say, that they want a "competitive" tank, card, weapon, perk, etc. it means they want it OP. A good player is good with a bad tank and better with an OP tank. The noob is bad in the bad tank and average or good in the OP tank. Can't explain it more thoroughly, really.

B) People get used to it and stop caring about it after a while. Actually the ammount of "goldspam" posts on this forum is hilarious. And yes, the goldspam is getting worse and it will get worse and worse, because people see older players on YouTube use either a lot of premium ammunition, or they see bad players spam only gold, which is a bad idea, but whatever. They also see bad players use only AP (Like me, but i'm not on YouTube) and not penetrating, so they tend to stay-away from it. There is one youtuber, who tells people to rate the WoT replay he posts 1 to 10 and people give some points down occasionaly for unnecessary usage of gold. Because people really DO use gold unnecessairly in this game, because they just don't want to care or are too lazy to think where they should put that AP round.

People will eventually give-up if the game is fun enough and just suffer through the unbalances if it doesen't break the game completely. And if the game is fun enough, they will eventually even tolerate gamebreakingly OP stuff, not that there is anything like that in this game (for now). Everyone on these forums is so used to using gold and getting spammed back and so tired of "stop goldspam" posts, that all you'll get is short troll replies, but I gave a thorough reply, because your post was simple and not braindead stupid like some of them are. It's just my honest opinion tho. And people on these forums won't even support the greatest change ever if the developer proposed it and informed them of it, because they'd have to adapt.

Edited by Derethim, 03 October 2017 - 12:45 AM.

Levana777 #8 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2206 battles
You won't find any love for your proposal. The gold spam keeps the elite of this game at their level and they will fight tooth and nail to keep it this way. They will soon flood this topic with statements like "get good", "your stats suck" and various personal attacks. None of them can articulate a semi coherent argument so they have to resort to abuse. Just goes to show how emotionally attached they are to their precious expensive toy.

RockyRoller #9 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28279 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

aye, every gold shot is more chance your damage/pen is there for a useless stats score

I only use gold when I have to and ignore my win rate. Every tank I had killed was because I did it not my credit card. 

I might be wrong of course but i wonder if the stat padders and shitposters would use gold if it reduced a win8 score with each shell?

BodyGuardOfLies #10 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76855 battles

View PostDerethim, on 02 October 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

They probably don't realize, that they'd still make a crapton of money if the game was a lot more balanced, more fun and more popular, both WG and Gaijin.

This.

HugSeal #11 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostLevana777, on 03 October 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

You won't find any love for your proposal. The gold spam keeps the elite of this game at their level and they will fight tooth and nail to keep it this way. They will soon flood this topic with statements like "get good", "your stats suck" and various personal attacks. None of them can articulate a semi coherent argument so they have to resort to abuse. Just goes to show how emotionally attached they are to their precious expensive toy.

Well, if this had been a couple of thousand years ago you would have the most expensive ammo. So much salt.

Mimos_A #12 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21295 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

Okay

HugSeal #13 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostRockyRoller, on 03 October 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

aye, every gold shot is more chance your damage/pen is there for a useless stats score

I only use gold when I have to and ignore my win rate. Every tank I had killed was because I did it not my credit card. 

I might be wrong of course but i wonder if the stat padders and shitposters would use gold if it reduced a win8 score with each shell?

Yeah, the winrate is such a useless stat. The one goal of the game is to win matches.

Hint: It's not because you "don't care" or that you refuse to fire gold that you manage to lose so many games for your team. It's because of how you play.

Edited by HugSeal, 03 October 2017 - 01:18 AM.

Derethim #14 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View PostBodyGuardOfLies, on 03 October 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

This.

IKR, this could be the next WoWlike classic, but why when you can HAVE MONEY :teethhappy:

Yup this is prevalent the more toxic the forum is anywhere really. But most actually can form a coherent argument based on "logic" found on the web tutorials about "How to use logic to win an argument" lol ... and they'll attack your grammar more, than they'll attack the argument you put up. Every online discussion board has these jerkoffs.

View PostHugSeal, on 03 October 2017 - 01:16 AM, said:

Yeah, the winrate is such a useless stat. The one goal of the game is to win matches.

Hint: It's not because you "don't care" or that you refuse to fire gold that you manage to lose so many games for your team. It's because of how you play.

Winning is really the only thing, that matters in this game. Be it clan wars, e-sports or anything. You gotta win.

Damage you can do in pubs, so that someone think you're better by the wn8, but in the end it's meaningless if the last guy on the enemy team always gets you.

I once shielded a tracked teammate in a med, who had a lot better winrate than me, by putting myself before him and a Skorpion while I was on low health too. Just wasn't confident enough to win the match alone and we were the last two and there were still like three of four of them.

Edited by Derethim, 03 October 2017 - 01:27 AM.

HugSeal #15 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostDerethim, on 03 October 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

IKR, this could be the next WoWlike classic, but why when you can HAVE MONEY :teethhappy:

Yup this is prevalent the more toxic the forum is anywhere really. But most actually can form a coherent argument based on "logic" found on the web tutorials about "How to use logic to win an argument" lol ... and they'll attack your grammar more, than they'll attack the argument you put up. Every online discussion board has these jerkoffs.

As opposed to your pleasant little group you've got going that unprovoked just like to make up scenarios where you get to call people jerkoffs and lol at them. Very non toxic and friendly.

Mike_Mckay #16 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16731 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I agree something should be done about gold ammo

If we are going to pay so much for it could we have a trumpeted fanfare when we fire each shot, a burst of confetti out of the barrel and a sample of billy Connolly saying "you've just been shot with a premium round you peasant" each time one hits somebody?

And attacking someones grammar is just rude, admittedly mine was a stupid senile old bag, but even so they are family......

:)

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 03 October 2017 - 01:29 AM.

Derethim #17 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View PostHugSeal, on 03 October 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

As opposed to your pleasant little group you've got going that unprovoked just like to make up scenarios where you get to call people jerkoffs and lol at them. Very non toxic and friendly.

They do the same and i'm a bit of a foulmouth and a jerkoff myself, so I won't try to act like i'm flawless :teethhappy:

Edited by Derethim, 03 October 2017 - 01:29 AM.

Gremlin182 #18 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45385 battles

Its like the SPG argument never ending and like that argument if you want something doing about premium ammo you must come up with some "reasonable" ideas as to why and how it should be changed.

Bearing in mind that some tanks must use it at times and that it was real ammunition.

I fully expect the only suggestions will be.

1 get rid of all premium ammo

2 only sell it for gold

3 Drastically increase the price.

4 Limit the quantity that can be carried per battle.

All those have been suggested many times and rejected up to now.

Mike_Mckay #19 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16731 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostGremlin182, on 03 October 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

Its like the SPG argument never ending and like that argument if you want something doing about premium ammo you must come up with some "reasonable" ideas as to why and how it should be changed.

Bearing in mind that some tanks must use it at times and that it was real ammunition.

2 only sell it for gold

Most of those would make the game a pretty good candidate for P2W which is probably part of the problem AND why they changed the skill rounds so they could be bought with silver

Possibly the best solution I can think of would be to make them work well on tanks they are needed for but crappy on ones they aren't needed for and perhaps lower the alpha on them too compared to normal ammo

So if you shot a mauschen with them in say a pershing that would be fine, but if you shot a scorpion with it then you would have an effect like it passing straight through and missing all the crew and modules doing only a marginal amount of damage

That kind of thing, perhaps combined with much closer pricing to normal ammo would make choosing the right ammo for the right tank more critical

Probably a dumb idea, but the best I can think of off the top of my head

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 03 October 2017 - 01:51 AM.

Derethim #20 Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 03 October 2017 - 01:42 AM, said:

2 only sell it for gold

5. Halve the damage, is what I came to mind first for me too, when I didn't understand the game much.

Also a very popular one to suggest.

I'd make it so that we'd have to use both AP and APCR, HEAT, but the latter two would be for what they are for now - penetrating really heavy armor. But the price would be just a little higher than AP, comparable to HE and other less-armored tanks would have to be buffed to match the new balance too. But it would be a lot better imo. For example, you could pen black prince through a weakspot in the front, like the viewport, but you'd have to load APCR. If you'd want to pen it otherwise with AP, you'd have to shoot the sides or the rear.

Edited by Derethim, 03 October 2017 - 01:57 AM.

Also tagged with gold ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users