Premium Shop: Germany United!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Let's celebrate the German National Day with some amazing offers!

The full text of the news item

Smelly_Cat #2 Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20035 battles
30500 gold again. No wonder no comment! Okay, count mine as a comment.:D

Cobra6 #3 Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16305 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Let's celibate a day of joy by giving Wargaming more money!

Also, you could not resist selling the Panzer IIJ again for 100EUR it seems, how tacky. To those who might want to buy it please note this tank with the new MM pretty much only sees itself in the bottom tier all the time so your armour counts for very little and your gun can't properly damage most things it meets even with premium ammo.

Ps: I hope no-one is dumb enough to pay 100EUR for a hydrostat since it's pretty much the worst medium on that tier.

Cobra6

Edited by Cobra6, 03 October 2017 - 10:24 AM.

dennez #4 Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16750 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Lets not.

Ph3lan #5 Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

Senior Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18249 battles

View PostCobra6, on 03 October 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Also, you could not resist selling the Panzer IIJ again for 100EUR it seems, how tacky. To those who might want to buy it please note this tank with the new MM pretty much only sees itself in the bottom tier all the time so your armour counts for very little and your gun can't properly damage most things it meets even with premium ammo.

Ps: I hope no-one is dumb enough to pay 100EUR for a hydrostat since it's pretty much the worst medium on that tier.

Cobra6

Hey Cobra!

Let's set aside the performance of the tank for a minute. (I can't comment on it, since I haven't really played it recently) However, in my experience, there are a lot of collectors playing World of Tanks. I encounter them every time we go to offline events and it is always a great experience talking to them, since they have a very different perspective on this compared to my own. These players simply enjoy having all the tanks in their garage irrespective of it's performance. For people like you, and me, the performance of the tank might be deciding factor when they want to purchase something, however not everyone is the same. It might not be worth it for you, but for someone like them, this is a pretty great opportunity to get one of these in their garage. 

- Ph3lan

PipeHugger #6 Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9859 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

Two tanks that ruin the lower tiers and a piece of ill-conceived junk. You either have the worst marketing department or are wilfully killing the game.

Yaccay #7 Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31651 battles

People are buying it.

Therefore WG is doing something very well.

ManaFortress #8 Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7061 battles

View PostCobra6, on 03 October 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Cobra6

While i wouldnt recomend buying it in a goldpack like this (unless you need the gold anyway),

I do want to put in that i quite enjoy the hydrostat.

Decent gun, and with 10 degree gun depression makes it an quite okay vehicle to play.

While there are tanks better then it for its teir, its still a fun ridgeline tank for me.

It does have worse armour, compared to its equal tier german mediums, but the hydros soft stats are marginally better.

Still, its in the oldschool premium department, not made to be better then its equal tier,

but maybe 90% as good as the others but with the benefit of being a premium tank.

captainpigg #9 Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30714 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostPh3lan, on 03 October 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

Hey Cobra!

Let's set aside the performance of the tank for a minute. (I can't comment on it, since I haven't really played it recently) However, in my experience, there are a lot of collectors playing World of Tanks. I encounter them every time we go to offline events and it is always a great experience talking to them, since they have a very different perspective on this compared to my own. These players simply enjoy having all the tanks in their garage irrespective of it's performance. For people like you, and me, the performance of the tank might be deciding factor when they want to purchase something, however not everyone is the same. It might not be worth it for you, but for someone like them, this is a pretty great opportunity to get one of these in their garage. 

- Ph3lan

Btw

Spoiler

Edited by captainpigg, 03 October 2017 - 11:03 AM.

Zentry #10 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35760 battles
  • [DR1P] DR1P

Don't you ever learn you just make sure many new players just uninstall after they got killed over and over again from op lv prem tanks. 

In the long turn you need those players.

OtherPlans #11 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27184 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostCobra6, on 03 October 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Cobra6

You're not paying 100euros for the Pz II J or the Hydrostat, you're paying 100 euros for the gold and getting those tanks for free.

These high-priced bundles are obviously a way to limit the number of these tanks. Naturally, these rare tanks and the bundles they are in are also making WG money, but I see no problem in a company trying to make money.

Only collectors and big fans of this tank game would be buying these, maybe also some inexperienced players that think these could be totally OP and would bring them fun.

What you should really be pointing out, if you want to emphasize something useful, is that the Pz II J is imbalanced and not as fun as people think: (1) it's too strong when top-tier and new players will not know how to deal with these, might just downright abandon the game if they see tanks widely considered OP so early in the tiers (they might also think equally OP tanks exist higher in tiers and stop seeing the point in investing further time or money or both in this game); (2) it's rather garbage when it's in tier 4 games.

Personally, I am looking forward to the day when this tank gets completely power-creeped and will need it's gun changed/buffed so that it is competitive. I'd even like to see it nerfed, if it means it will be balanced.

And I am saying this as an owner.

The Pz II J at the moment is just a trophy, it's not an enjoyable tank to play consistently.

Edit: I hope nobody expects the Pz II J to be sold for 5 euros or smth... that would REALLY be catastrophic.

Edited by OtherPlans, 03 October 2017 - 11:06 AM.

ManaFortress #12 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7061 battles

View Postcaptainpigg, on 03 October 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Since he posted a story about something he himself remember happening,

then i can only assume that he did indeed remember something in his own memory.

So, do you need to fact check something you experienced yourself, and how does one do that? hmm.

Aikl #13 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Nice move to recognize historical events. Not gonna complain about that. Premium day is nice, and I don't really except free stuff for any reason.

However: While tank collectors are close to the only ones capable of spending €100 on this game at the moment, it doesn't really make "tank collectors want it" a decent excuse. It's pretty obvious it rides on the old hype - created by memories of it being an impenetrable brick.

At least there's no description of it being a sealclubber's choice - unlike the CDC, whose hidden 'soft stats' are questionable marketing at best.

Oh, and I'm guessing the B2 is sold because of collectors as well? The few times I play T4 I do see a lot of collectors spamming full APCR in their B2s.

Selling the B2 is a terrible choice if you actually want people to get past T3/4 - but I guess it's too tempting to sell some sealclubbing credit sink like that. It is actually a problematic tank in that regard, and at T3/4 you're more likely to quit playing than free-XP-ing past T4.

Since this is meant to point out things that make WG appear to be less serious than they wish to, I look forward to being ignored by the staff. Previous replies seem to skip the parts about 'WG appearing to be incompetent', as if I was directly calling WG that. They're clearly not - the marketing department is very much functional. :P

Edited by Aikl, 03 October 2017 - 11:09 AM.

Lorensoth #14 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17587 battles

Seeing bundled Löwe or Sco G can be get for less then half their price, makes not much sense, to me.

"Collecting" tanks that you never play, in online game, always felt like joke to me anyway.

StrikeFIN #15 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6039 battles
  • [FIPDR] FIPDR

Why no PZ 38H?

Nvm was on summer 2017 event, so won't see it on atleast for a year (if not lucky christmas special calendar)

Edited by StrikeFIN, 03 October 2017 - 11:38 AM.

captainpigg #16 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30714 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostManaFortress, on 03 October 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

Since he posted a story about something he himself remember happening,

then i can only assume that he did indeed remember something in his own memory.

So, do you need to fact check something you experienced yourself, and how does one do that? hmm.

P3lan will get crap from me, and many others, no matter what he posts. He caused the biggest screwup in Wargaming's history, and in Imho should not still be employed by them. He would have been canned in the U.S.A. or where I live.

Edited by captainpigg, 03 October 2017 - 11:33 AM.

Cobra6 #17 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16305 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Hey Cobra!

- Ph3lan

I see that point but we are not talking about a balanced price here (under 20 EUR for a tier 5 tank) but 100EUR because it's bundled with a ton of gold which the collector might not actually need or use at all but you are forcing him to spend that much if he wants to collect that tank.

I also see why you would do that with the PzIIJ because it's broken, but the hydrostat is obviously not broken but average at best so bundling it with 100EUR worth of gold is just cynical money grubbing.

View PostManaFortress, on 03 October 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

While i wouldnt recomend buying it in a goldpack like this (unless you need the gold anyway),

I do want to put in that i quite enjoy the hydrostat.

Decent gun, and with 10 degree gun depression makes it an quite okay vehicle to play.

While there are tanks better then it for its teir, its still a fun ridgeline tank for me.

It does have worse armour, compared to its equal tier german mediums, but the hydros soft stats are marginally better.

Still, its in the oldschool premium department, not made to be better then its equal tier,

but maybe 90% as good as the others but with the benefit of being a premium tank.

There are always people enjoying certain tanks, heck I enjoy the Batchat 12t at tier 8 even though it's pretty much the worst T8 light tank. *BUT* the Batchat 12t doesn't come with a 100EUR pricetag or warrant it and neither does the Hydrostat.

View PostOtherPlans, on 03 October 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

You're not paying 100euros for the Pz II J or the Hydrostat, you're paying 100 euros for the gold and getting those tanks for free.

These high-priced bundles are obviously a way to limit the number of these tanks. Naturally, these rare tanks and the bundles they are in are also making WG money, but I see no problem in a company trying to make money.

Only collectors and big fans of this tank game would be buying these, maybe also some inexperienced players that think these could be totally OP and would bring them fun.

But you are paying 100EUR for the PzIIJ or Hydrostat because there is no option to buy them just as the tank for under 20EUR. Wargaming deliberately inflates the price of these bundles to ridiculous levels and since there is no option to get them cheaper you are paying 100EUR for the tank and getting the gold as a bonus.

You can buy ~100EUR worth of gold in the store, you can not buy a PzIIJ/Hydrostat in the store so this means you pay 100EUR for the tank and get the gold as bonus, not the other way around.

Like I said, I can see why they do it for the PzIIj performance wise, but the Hydrostat is not in the same league.

Cobra 6

Ph3lan #18 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Senior Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18249 battles

View Postcaptainpigg, on 03 October 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

P3lan will get crap from me, and many others, no matter what he posts. He caused the biggest screwup in Wargaming's history, and in Imho should not still be employed by them. He would have been canned in the U.S.A. or where I live.

Actually I haven't seen someone comment on the Foch situation in a long time. I don't think I can claim credit for causing that situation directly, but I was indeed the messenger the community shot for it. That's part of the job description though :)

Berto72 #19 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57231 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

Hey Cobra!

- Ph3lan

The fact that people pay real money just to collect a bunch of pixel that who had sold

could vanish any time he wants just pushing a button, tell all about the new generation of collectors....

captainpigg #20 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30714 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostPh3lan, on 03 October 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Actually I haven't seen someone comment on the Foch situation in a long time. I don't think I can claim credit for causing that situation directly, but I was indeed the messenger the community shot for it. That's part of the job description though :)

Fired both Circonflexes and SirFoch as CC's, threatened DMCA takedowns on Youtube videos. This caused massive negative publicity for WG, getting non-WOT Youtubers (Jim Sterling & Totalbiscuit) as well as Kotaku involved. As a direct result, in concern for their livelihood, Jingles & PHJ both left the CC program and diversified their content away from WG.

And you don't see how you can claim credit for this? 

Spoiler

Frankly if you weren't in Europe, this would be result.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users