CREDITS NOT GOLD for changing extras to your tank PLEASE WG...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

MetalMicky #1 Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18418 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Hi ALL,

YES, this maybe a rinse and repeat of what I'm sure is a sore subject on here, but its getting a bit much.

I understand the man at WG needs a living.......

Premium tanks....

Premium accounts....

Gold to buy things......

BUT.....

Could we have at least the options for ALL, in game play to be credit based...

LIKE...

ALL crew changes options up to 100% pay by credits.

ALL tank options to be pay by credits

Ok you can keep the camo paint and logo as GOLD. WG...

But, you've grind your tier IV tank, your opt for the next one tier V.. Your hit for GOLD in removing extras off the old tank before you sell it and move up???? NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!

ALL xp options to be pay by credits when it comes to converting FREE XP !!!! again Your hit for GOLD.......NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!

WG GIVE THE PLAYERS SOMETHING MORE........

Respect to ALL,Cheers.:)

ricoBenitez1 #2 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles
you do know that WG is a company so no room for freeloaders.Tough luck  

K_A #3 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You can sell the equipment for half their cost and buy new ones with credits, you know. As for crews, I do think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a credit option that will keep the crew at 100% and maybe just have a "retraining xp cost" that has to be played before it can again start accumulating more xp for the skills and perks. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostK_A, on 03 October 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

As for crews, I do think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a credit option that will keep the crew at 100% and maybe just have a "retraining xp cost" that has to be played before it can again start accumulating more xp for the skills and perks. 

That's exactly how it works now. Train to 90% will lose no xp or skills and then whack on a crew booster and play a few games and they'll be back up to 100% in no time.

MetalMicky #5 Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18418 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostK_A, on 03 October 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

You can sell the equipment for half their cost and buy new ones with credits, you know. As for crews, I do think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a credit option that will keep the crew at 100% and maybe just have a "retraining xp cost" that has to be played before it can again start accumulating more xp for the skills and perks. 

​Hi I understand about selling the equipment!!!!!!! BUT, That's my point.... why do we have to be happy with loosing upto 500000 credits when upgrading to next level tank. Take the O-I to the O-Ni, or to the O-Ho. Super heavy spaul liner, vents, and rammer at half price refund !!!!!!! WTF.

And then the cost of replacing them, what am I suppose to do. Wait for the half price sales before outfitting my tank, Please....

Changing this one thing IMHO would be a great PLUS from WG to its players.... Don't you think??

Respect to ALL,Cheers :)

K_A #6 Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 03 October 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

That's exactly how it works now. Train to 90% will lose no xp or skills and then whack on a crew booster and play a few games and they'll be back up to 100% in no time.

Yea but it's 90%, not 100%. I'm talking they stay at 100% but instead maybe it'll be more xp required to start getting those skills again than what it currently takes to get from 90 to 100%...

MetalMicky #7 Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18418 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 03 October 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

​Soooo, Now I'm using up crew boosters to compensate for WG, been short sighted in giving something back to the players. Again, I understand what your saying, but shouldn't it just as easy be said WG, could promote a PLUS factor to the payers(Players) side.

Edited by MetalMicky, 05 October 2017 - 12:44 AM.

Mike_Mckay #8 Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18733 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
This is WG you realise?

If the programmers could figure out how to do it they would take the gold out of your fillings when you upgraded a tank if they could

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostMetalMicky, on 05 October 2017 - 12:36 AM, said:

​Hi I understand about selling the equipment!!!!!!! BUT, That's my point.... why do we have to be happy with loosing upto 500000 credits when upgrading to next level tank. Take the O-I to the O-Ni, or to the O-Ho. Super heavy spaul liner, vents, and rammer at half price refund !!!!!!! WTF.

And then the cost of replacing them, what am I suppose to do. Wait for the half price sales before outfitting my tank, Please....

Changing this one thing IMHO would be a great PLUS from WG to its players.... Don't you think??

Yes. If you want it for free then wait until they're on 50% discount to buy and sell when they are not and overall it costs you nothing but having to wait.

View PostMetalMicky, on 05 October 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

​Soooo, Now I'm using up crew boosters to compensate for WG, been short sighted in giving something back to the players. Again, I understand what your saying, but shouldn't it just as easy be said WG, could promote a PLUS factor to the payers(Players) side.

No, you're using up crew boosters to make up for you wanting to train crews for free. It's not WG being short-sighted, it's you wanting WG to give you stuff for free while you give back nothing in return.

You keep talking about WG should give to the players. If you aren't giving anything to them why should they give anything to you?

JocMeister #10 Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21813 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Dude. It 10 gold to demount. So 30 gold for a tank. 500 gold is 2 euro.

How bloody stingy can you get? Stop embarrassing your self. :sceptic:

Edited by JocMeister, 05 October 2017 - 04:56 AM.

HassenderZerhacker #11 Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 25542 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

little tip: buy that stuff in advance at 50% discount and then sell the equipped stuff when upgrading for 50%. loss = 0.

TsunamiFM #12 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18785 battles
  • [SNAKE] SNAKE

View PostMetalMicky, on 03 October 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

Could we have at least the options for ALL, in game play to be credit based...

No. All game studios need to make money on their game, and WG is no exception here - developers and game servers aren't for free. WG definitively should change things about how they get money from us, but making everything available for credits is NOT good idea - that would cut off a lot of good sources of monetization.

Good ways to monetize: anything that makes your progress faster, nice visuals (skins, tanks editions with special camo, etc), non-OP premium tanks. Generally stuff that make player`s life in WoT more comfortable, but doesn't affect our battle performance - those are perfectly OK.

Bad ways to monetize: anything that hugely increases your chance to win using money (aka P2W) - for example giving players ability to spam unlimited premium shells all the time using Fort Knox (it's basically a legal cheat for money), or selling OP premium tanks like Defender (better than most of the tanks from tech tree at the same tier).

Homer_J #13 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMetalMicky, on 03 October 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

But, you've grind your tier IV tank, your opt for the next one tier V.. Your hit for GOLD in removing extras off the old tank before you sell it and move up???? NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!

​Hi I understand about selling the equipment!!!!!!! BUT, That's my point.... why do we have to be happy with loosing upto 500000 credits when upgrading to next level tank. 

You know you can do this for free.  It just takes a little forward planning.

Only buy equipment when it is 50% off.

When equipment is on discount then buy what you will need for the next tank.  In fact buy everything you might possibly need, you can always sell it and get your money back if you need the credits.

When you sell the tank then sell the equipment.

Cost: 0 credits and 0 gold.

100% crew retrain with gold is a complete waste of money.  The difference in performance between a 90% and 100% crew is about 5%, and it only takes a few battles to get back to 100%.  Totally not worth it even when it's half price.  WG are doing you a favour by not charging you 80k for it.

iztok #14 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 October 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

You know you can do this for free.  It just takes a little forward planning.

... and lots of credits on stock. Which a 49% WR player likely doesn't have.

@OP

WG has to live too. Some stuff will never be for free.

BR,  Iztok

Homer_J #15 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postiztok, on 05 October 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

... and lots of credits on stock. Which a 49% WR player likely doesn't have.

In which case how has he got a tier IV tank loaded with half a million worth of equipment to worry about.

Hedgehog1963 #16 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50879 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostMetalMicky, on 04 October 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

Because WG want you to buy gold.  That is how this game even exists.

They are very unlikely to make the change for which you are asking, because that will lead to less money coming in.

Balc0ra #17 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well WG makes money on the little things to. As more people buy 500 gold more often to do these small things, vs getting every tier 8 premium they toss out.

And we all know how well that worked for that other modern tank game, that made more or less everything in the garage free, thinking €99/299 bundles would keep them going. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 October 2017 - 09:38 AM.

Havoc7926 #18 Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

It's not really a big issue.

As stated the equipment thing can be worked around if you plan well and stock up during a sale.  Personally I don't bother as 10g is pretty insignificant.  If you don't want to spend gold and don't want to plan in advance then just consider half the cost of the equipment as the credit fee for moving it.  I guess you wanted to move it for 100 credits or something which would mean that people only ever bought 1 of each equipment and swapped it between tanks every game.

The crew thing is mildly annoying but the game hands out personal reserves a lot these days so just use them when you have to get back that missing 10% because you retrained for credits.

Mike_Mckay #19 Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18733 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
If anything I think the biggest rippoff re gold is when you want to change the function of  crew member which is 500 gold

Many lines such as the swede TD line either change the functions of crew members either meaning you have to change their function or retrain someone from scratch to fill the new roll which then leaves a well trained member of the team twiddling their thumbs in the barracks

This cant be done with silver at all (other than starting from scratch), so I think if any ONE thing needed changing first it would be that, 10 gold for equipment isn't "bad" but perhaps occasional missions for 10, 50 or 100 gold could be introduced/reintroduced or being able to move it to the depot for free then remount it for a quarter of the cost instead of losing half would be a reasonable trade off

But I still think the crew reclassification cost is by far the most gouging gold cost in the garage

However this type of mindset seems to be pretty much the core ideology of WG, we are after all talking about a company that actively stopped refunding cammo accidentally purchased for gold even though a bug in the game charged you gold even if you selected silver and whom defaults to gold for consumables and ammo which is unlikely to be "by accident" but by design hoping to catch people out when in a rush which again wont ever be refunded when it occurs

Even the use of in game currencies was initially dreamt up to circumvent regional trade laws and consumer protections which cover the initial purchase of the ingame currency but not the spending of that currency within the game as well as some other advantages such as people being "less" inclined to walk away from a game during a period of disgruntlement if they still have in game currency than with a game where all purchases are in actual money

Homer_J #20 Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMike_Mckay, on 05 October 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

I
Many lines such as the swede TD line either change the functions of crew members either meaning you have to change their function or retrain someone from scratch to fill the new roll which then leaves a well trained member of the team twiddling their thumbs in the barracks

It's no different to lines which have always been in the game like the IS-7 line where you lose the radioman early on then suddenly need a 2nd loader at tier X.

I have never used the reassign crew facility, it's far too expensive (then again so is retraining with gold).  Just find a way to train a new one, or now that SoS works with BiA, recruit a girl through personal missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users