Wargaming, antisocial behavior needs to get punished - take 2

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

okay, this is take 2 of this post, since the first one was closed by moderation due to violation of the "name & shame" rule because I posted the replay. so be advised that posting replays of misbehavior is a forum rule violation.

dear WoT team

I just come out of a battle where I was in cover, at direct contact with enemy tanks and a player pushes me out directly in front of 4 enemies who shot me to pieces. As I was top tier in my IS-3, the battle was probably lost because of this, in addition to the frustration caused by a top tier game going to waste.

we need a way to report antisocial behavior that should be punished with straight bans instead of waiting for reports until hell freezes over.

we need:

- an instance where we can send replays in, similar to what exists now in support

- someone who looks at the replays and decides on a straight ban of 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month

- feedback sent to the person who made the report with full details of punishment

failing that, we need a name & shame section on the forum.

please do something against the jerks.

Homer_J #2 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27023 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 04 October 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

so be advised that posting replays of misbehavior is a forum rule violation.

AFAIK so is reopening closed threads.

It must be four or five years since I had someone push me out in front of enemies or fight me for "their spot", what is it that triggers these people?  When you work that out then you will perhaps be able to avoid it.

uglycousin #3 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42543 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

They have the automated system. They don't want to spend time looking through countless replays (even if some do need looking over).

Just blacklist the scumbag so you know to keep a distance from him next time you meet him in the same team.

Edited by uglycousin, 04 October 2017 - 09:53 AM.

SlyMeerkat #4 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15006 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View Postuglycousin, on 04 October 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

They have the automated system. The don't want to spend time looking through countless replays (even if some need looking over).

Just blacklist the scumbag so you know to keep a distance from him next time you meet him in the same team.

^^ This

Jigabachi #5 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

please do something against the jerks.

WG employing 100 additional peons to watch every single replay sent in by random bobs won't happen.

A forum section to name and shame won't happen, either, and I also don't see how that would help getting those players banned.

You forgot the most sensible option: Fixing the reportsystem, so that it actually works.

HeidenSieker #6 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

okay, this is take 2 of this post, since the first one was closed by moderation due to violation of the "name & shame" rule because I posted the replay. so be advised that posting replays of misbehavior is a forum rule violation.

I don't think so. People do post replays without censure. Look at the closing comment. Yes, there do seem to be shortcomings in the reporting system (which you should use properly). You should also make legitimate and well-founded suggestions, not break rules. That seems to be about all there is to say.

Edited by HeidenSieker, 04 October 2017 - 09:54 AM.

Aikl #7 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:56 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Abuse of physics is taken somewhat seriously, I believe, but I doubt you can get people banned for it unless it was clearly intentional (think lag or tunnelvisioning). Might still be worth it in case players can get 'flagged' for potential abuse, however.

How often does it happen, anyway? I mean, if you buy a bag of apples, and there's one or two bad ones, do you call up the apple company and demand they'd X-ray each apple to be sure it's not bad? Most people simply do not care because there are so few bad apples. Same goes in WoT. You can be given a pass if some knobhead ruined a very nice game or getting some mission done, else I would simply move on. Dwelling on stuff like this is a surefire way to enjoy the game less, apply frustration to more parts of your life and increase your blood pressure (which means that this problem will, in some way, ultimately take care of itself - one way or another).

Edited by Aikl, 04 October 2017 - 09:57 AM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27023 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJigabachi, on 04 October 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

WG employing 100 additional peons to watch every single replay sent in by random bobs won't happen.

100 might be an underestimate, and that's just for the EU server.

Userext #9 Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

then don't post the replay for naming and shaming. It's not that hard to say: "See I lost this game, could you watch it forum people and tell me what I did wrong?" . Everyone who watches the replay will see the anal cavity and how he behaves but they can't remove it because your purpose wasn't to name and shame.

Voila!

Dundato #10 Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25653 battles
Happens all the mate. Every game i see it. teamkilling or blocking. U name it. Dont bother with a ticket. Must just be acceptable these days. You certainly dont see it happen in other games. But then. Its professionals that run those games

Laur_Balaur_XD #11 Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35365 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-

Wargaming antisocial behavior needs to get punished - take 2

You mispelled the title, i fixed it for you.

Aikl #12 Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDundato, on 04 October 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Happens all the mate. Every game i see it. teamkilling or blocking. U name it. Dont bother with a ticket. Must just be acceptable these days. You certainly dont see it happen in other games. But then. Its professionals that run those games

I'd love to see an unbroken series of replays showcasing that teamkilling or blocking is happening in every game - I'm assuming that you mean stuff people do on purpose. Might be on edge with 'naming and shaming', but feel free to PM it to me.

Dundato #13 Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25653 battles

View PostAikl, on 04 October 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'd love to see an unbroken series of replays showcasing that teamkilling or blocking is happening in every game - I'm assuming that you mean stuff people do on purpose. Might be on edge with 'naming and shaming', but feel free to PM it to me.

Na dont need to. Just play the game. You will see unless you are another WG worshiper thats pretends it doesnt happen

Phobos4321 #14 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42812 battles
does that mean wg should ban anyone that called arty cancer ? you cant call that social ...

Aikl #15 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDundato, on 04 October 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Na dont need to. Just play the game. You will see unless you are another WG worshiper thats pretends it doesnt happen

:rolleyes:

There sure are a fair amount of idiots playing WoT, but I'm pretty sure you're exaggerating. I play the game too, and as my post history suggests I'm not particularly fond of how WG runs WoT - despite playing the devil's advocate on certain topics to contribute to sensible discussion. That's simply because there would be nothing worse if WG mixed in dumb suggestions that would only provide minimal improvement to the game - even if the chance of this thread getting picked up by the staff and being read by someone in Minsk is about equal to finding Kislyi himself couchsurfing at my neighbour's.

Bennie182 #16 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50362 battles
Take 2 from me: same answer --> good luck on that, because WG won't accept naming and shaming.

Homer_J #17 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27023 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDundato, on 04 October 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

So what you are saying is that it doesn't happen to wargaming worshippers? 

And if so then why do we need to pretend?

Because it doesn't happen to me.  So I'd like to see those replays as well.

Jumping_Turtle #18 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58569 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostHomer_J, on 04 October 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

100 might be an underestimate, and that's just for the EU server.

100 would not even solve it at all. When this become known to the public that they do watch en act on replays send in we will have thousands each day, perhaps each hour send in.

Havoc7926 #19 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

It's just the way the game is these days.  This morning I played a game and managed to be the first tank seen by the enemy and got removed almost instantly.  Now that's my fault, no complaints there.  It did give me some time however to tab through the rest of my team.

Top tier scout sat in a bush that he never moved from all game until he got destroyed.

Maus player being blocked and harassed by another scout and a TD resulting in all three of them contributing very little as the Maus stopped to take part in the shoving.

Add to that my appalling play and my team were 5 tanks down before the game had even really started.

Yesterday I had my tank destroyed by a 'friendly' T67.  I was in the enemy cap circle and driving towards the last enemy tank.  That tank got destroyed by a teammate (not me) and in the few seconds after that the T67 kills me because I was blocking his shot and stopping him getting 'his kill'. 

Then people ask why the games end in one sided steamrollers and blame MM for it.  :facepalm:

Even the most sophisticated MM system (which we do not have) is going to fail because a growing number of players of this game are simply here to muck about and grief everyone.  they have no interest in playing the game as it was designed to be played.

Press2ForSkill #20 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14562 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View Postuglycousin, on 04 October 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

They have the automated system. They don't want to spend time looking through countless replays (even if some do need looking over).

or so u can accidentally load HESH and shoot him in the [edited]by accident or accidentally push him off a cliff or into enemy fire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users