Cool "new" tool WG should implement? Might be cool

friends stalk

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Should WG implement this tool (20 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should WG implement this tool?

1. Yes (15 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

2. No (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Vote Hide poll

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #1 Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

So 2 days ago i entered a battle with my FV on mines etc and i killed a panther2 on the hill, and my friend messages me afterwards "nice kill on panther", and he joked that WG implemented a new tool that enables you to watch your friend's battle, actually the panther2 was just a french streamer and he randomly looked at the guy's stream and that's how he knew everything that happened.. :P

But this tool he joked about is already in CSGO for many years that enables people to right click their friend's name and click "watch battle", would be really nice to see how your friends play, to maybe learn from their gameplay without them having to stream that can cause more lag/effort and whatever for them. Never even thought about this tool for WoT before now.

Personally i would love this tool, but knowing WG they do the opposite of what I like so..

So what do you guys think about this?

Edited by Press2ForSkill, 04 October 2017 - 12:23 PM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #2 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35897 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

It would be nice. You could watch you clan-mates fighting in that CW battle that you were not picked in the team, instead of just listening to them on ts/discord.

But this 'tool' would need also a 'block' function, so you can be able to stop people watching you if needed. This would prevent cases of 'stream sniping' when you could watch someone in your friend list that is in the enemy team, mostly for cw/advance battles.

K_A #3 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Open game via Steam and you can use Steam broadcast to spectate anyone on your friends list, even though the game itself isn't a Steam game. It has some delay, though.

Also I voted for both because... you know... I could :playing:

Edited by K_A, 04 October 2017 - 12:11 PM.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #4 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostIulian_ro, on 04 October 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

It would be nice. You could watch you clan-mates fighting in that CW battle that you were not picked in the team, instead of just listening to them on ts/discord.

But this 'tool' would need also a 'block' function, so you can be able to stop people watching you if needed. This would prevent cases of 'stream sniping' when you could watch someone in your friend list that is in the enemy team, mostly for cw/advance battles.

Yeah a block option would probably be needed, but this tool should only be usable while you are in garage, u shouldn't be allowed to watch someone's battle while you are in a battle of your own, so your friend's battle is loaded and thus you can't load your own.

But yeah in CW's and advances and other stuff, the option should simply just not be there at all, it shouldn't need a block or not, just 100% always disabled, it should only be available for Random battles, probably Ranked battles disabled also since the queue's there aren't so long so meeting players there is easier

Would be awesome to watch your 4k wn8 friends to learn from them

Mimos_A #5 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23986 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

For clan stuff it would be fun, but in general it has too much rigging/spectator sniping potential. I can already see the range of scandals and accusations flooding in when this is would be introduced...

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #6 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostK_A, on 04 October 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Open game via Steam and you can use Steam broadcast to spectate anyone on your friends list, even though the game itself isn't a Steam game. It has some delay, though.

Also I voted for both because... you know... I could :playing:

bloody hell. fixed it -.-

View PostMimos_A, on 04 October 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

For clan stuff it would be fun, but in general it has too much rigging/spectator sniping potential. I can already see the range of scandals and accusations flooding in when this is would be introduced...

Probably many less intelligent players will cry cuz of that, so the "block" option for friends to view them would solve that problem tbh

Mimos_A #7 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23986 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 04 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Probably many less intelligent players will cry cuz of that, so the "block" option for friends to view them would solve that problem tbh

It wouldn't solve it I'm afraid. Like the rigged MM topics show, if people are looking for an excuse all sense of reason and logic is quickly stomped as deep in the bin as possible. People would probably just cry about people on different teams rigging games etc... I would personally really like it, but I think it's a can of worms that is best left closed.

Edited by Mimos_A, 04 October 2017 - 12:29 PM.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #8 Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostMimos_A, on 04 October 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

It wouldn't solve it I'm afraid. Like the rigged MM topics show, if people are looking for an excuse all sense of reason and logic is quickly stomped as deep in the bin as possible. People would probably just cry about people on different teams rigging games etc... I would personally really like it, but I think it's a can of worms that is best left closed.

Tbh it doesn't matter what happens, people will cry about literally everything.. 

Cuz what are the chances that you have two friends fighting in the same random battle AGAINST eachother? This probably happened to me once every 3k or 4k battles, and then a 3rd friend has to view this EXACT battle to tell them what the other team is doing, so this has to be via Facebook or some messaging app, but this can already be done by just the 2 friends in that exact battle, and barely any information these 2 players exchange will influence the battle  anyways..

People will definitely use it as an excuse, but it will all be wrong and everyone will realize this and no one will listen to their rants

edit - and the tool should only be used to view your friend's side of the gameplay, the other team shouldn't be visible at all, so basically this tool can't be used to rig games at all

Edited by Press2ForSkill, 04 October 2017 - 12:38 PM.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #9 Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles
Bump for those who haven't read.

psychobear #10 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18975 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
Nice idea, voted yes, but i doubt we will ever see it implemented. Apparently, WG keeps all it's tools in the balancing department.

Edited by psychobear, 04 October 2017 - 07:04 PM.

JaffaStar #11 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47859 battles
Are you insane ?!? Then we will be able to see all who use Auto Aim Bots, and upload the videos on YT... please ... this will never happen ...

Obsessive_Compulsive #12 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 25831 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View Postpsychobear, on 04 October 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Nice idea, voted yes, but i doubt we will ever see it implemented. Apparently, WG keeps all it's tools in the balancing department.

:trollface:

Dava_117 #13 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19424 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It can be nice, but can't this drain lot of server computational power?

Kartoshkaya #14 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles
  • [5FPS] 5FPS
Spectator mode would be really nice and not that hard to implement. WG just have to adapt replay files to be readable via streaming by the game engine.

Geno1isme #15 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42587 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostDava_117, on 04 October 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

It can be nice, but can't this drain lot of server computational power?

Depends on how it's implemented: If they make it a video stream, then yeah, compute power and bandwidth could become a major issue. If they make it a data stream (like replays) then those factors become irrelevant, but you open potential attack vectors to be used for really nasty cheats, which in turn would require additional countermeasures.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #16 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 05 October 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Depends on how it's implemented: If they make it a video stream, then yeah, compute power and bandwidth could become a major issue. If they make it a data stream (like replays) then those factors become irrelevant, but you open potential attack vectors to be used for really nasty cheats, which in turn would require additional countermeasures.

if it is implemented correctly and can stop cheats etc, it would be awesome, but knowing that wg absolutely sucks in everything that they do.. it is guaranteed that they will fk up.. so yeah probably better that WG shouldn't do it if u are right that there will be a lot of cheaters etc 

dennez #17 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:25 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17281 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I wish we could turn into a cute little bat when we die and fly around the map.. Just like in Minecraft. I'd die to have this.

Geno1isme #18 Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42587 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 05 October 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

if it is implemented correctly and can stop cheats etc, it would be awesome, but knowing that wg absolutely sucks in everything that they do.. it is guaranteed that they will fk up.. so yeah probably better that WG shouldn't do it if u are right that there will be a lot of cheaters etc 

Well, just look at popular streamers getting "streamsniped" regulary (or at least they claim so).

Now imagine that instead of looking at a video and figuring out the position of a enemy tank in your client manually you could just have a mod connect to the actual datastream of a selected enemy and actually show you the (unspotted) enemy tank directly. Even if there is a 30-60s delay that would be invaluable information esp. in endgame situations.

Of course you could say that if you're in battle the server checks that you cannot connect to any streams, or implement filters who can/can't connect, but most such measures won't help when people use secondary accounts (and if anyone says "check the IP address" he should take a lesson in 21st century network designs) or limit the feature to the point of being useless. A massive delay of like five minutes plus is the only reliable counter-measure I can think of, at which point you could just as well wait for the battle to end and watch the post-battle replay. You could enhance the support for those to not depend on manual up-/downloads and client restarts though.

But without a "live" connection I assume most of the appeal of such a feature would be removed.

Also tagged with friends, stalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users