Jump to content


Anyone else "getting" the Obj 260 next patch?


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Knight_Zao #1 Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28951 battles
  • 235
  • Member since:
    08-17-2014

According to what ive read and how ive understood it, the changes to the personal missions should allow me to unlock the Obj 260 next patch.....

 

So, ive done all 75 missions for the stug and t28 with honours, done the LT 15, MT 15, HT 15 and TD 15 for the T55 with honours and LT 15 and MT 15 with honours for the 260....so this gives me 16 orders and with them i can spend 4 to unlock HT 15, 4 to unlock TD 15 and 4 to unlock SPG 15, which in turn unlocks the 260.....am i correct with this assumption? Even if all the other missions havent been completed i.e SPG 14?

 

I can imagine alot of players in the same boat as me which in turn means alot of 260s and T55a's will flood into the MM during next patch, i dont think it will make too big a difference as the T54 is better than the T55a and the IS7 is better than the OBJ 260. (Or at least on paper)

 

Anyone else in this boat? And whats ur opinion on the changes? Good or Bad?



Igor_BL #2 Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39510 battles
  • 1,330
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

260 is sort of "unique".

 

Chinese heavies and is7 are deff. better tanks, i might say a lot better tanks.

 

but 260 is fun to play... very fast, good gun handling and APCR <3 as default ammo.



uglycousin #3 Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 45018 battles
  • 3,697
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostIgor_BL, on 05 October 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

260 is sort of "unique".

 

Chinese heavies and is7 are deff. better tanks, i might say a lot better tanks.

 

but 260 is fun to play... very fast, good gun handling and APCR <3 as default ammo.

 

Pretty much this. :)

 



Balc0ra #4 Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66239 battles
  • 16,231
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
I have done 4 missions for the Obj so far. But TD-15 is done without honors, so no reward, and I have LT, MT and SPG with honors. On the HT line I still need 3 more missions to unlock 15. So if I can't get TD-15 done before the patch. I'll just skip HT-15 and be done with it. Then my focus will be getting 75/75 with honors on the T-55A for the camo. 

Dr_ownape #5 Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 43338 battles
  • 5,479
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 October 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

Then my focus will be getting 75/75 with honors on the T-55A for the camo. 

 

that's what im doing now although i realised I've never done HT-12 for the T55  :( now trying to get a decent heavy. im 11 "with honours" short now for the T55 camo (plus HT-12 and 15). I suppose i could use my orders. but they might, big might, come in useful for the next set of PMs.

 

nb: I guess you didn't notice me on Prok this AM whilst you were clicking in your m53 :hiding:



clixor #6 Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51404 battles
  • 3,053
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostDrownape, on 05 October 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

 

that's what im doing now although i realised I've never done HT-12 for the T55  :( now trying to get a decent heavy. im 11 "with honours" short now for the T55 camo (plus HT-12 and 15). I suppose i could use my orders. but they might, big might, come in useful for the next set of PMs.

 

nb: I guess you didn't notice me on Prok this AM whilst you were clicking in your m53 :hiding:

 

If you complete the mission later you get the orders back so there basically is no reason not to use them. Not though, if you use orders you don't complete missions 'with honours'.

K_A #7 Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13641 battles
  • 4,665
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

View PostDrownape, on 05 October 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

 

that's what im doing now although i realised I've never done HT-12 for the T55  :( now trying to get a decent heavy. im 11 "with honours" short now for the T55 camo (plus HT-12 and 15). I suppose i could use my orders. but they might, big might, come in useful for the next set of PMs.

 

nb: I guess you didn't notice me on Prok this AM whilst you were clicking in your m53 :hiding:

 

Using orders counts as completed without honors, so it's no help if you want the camo unlocked for all tanks. The reward tank itself does get it once all 75 are simply completed, no honors needed for any of them. I'm doing the Stug missions with honors now, 10 or so to do, mostly LT missions which aren't all that difficult but first time I pålayed through them I didn't much care for the honor-part so a lot of them got skipped.

Homer_J #8 Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • 29,982
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostKnight_Zao, on 05 October 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

 

So, ive done all 75 missions for the stug and t28 with honours, 

Ten orders there.

 

Quote

done the LT 15, MT 15, HT 15 and TD 15 for the T55 with honours

No orders spare there because they will be used on the SPG15.

 

Quote

and LT 15 and MT 15 with honours for the 260

Two orders.

 

Quote

so this gives me 16 orders

I count 12.

 

Quote

 i can spend 4 to unlock HT 15, 4 to unlock TD 15 and 4 to unlock SPG 15, which in turn unlocks the 260.....am i correct 

Correct.


Edited by Homer_J, 05 October 2017 - 05:26 PM.


dead1egs #9 Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 24634 battles
  • 181
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013
ive got 16 orders i think (done all stug final missions with honors, all htc final missions with honors, t55a HT,MT,LT and TD final missions with honors and obj 260 HT and LT final missions with honors) and all the missions i have left are TD15, MT15, 4 arty missions and arty 15 left to do, so i should be just be able to skip all those missions with my orders next patch and get the obj 260, if my maths is correct :D 

Edited by dead1egs, 05 October 2017 - 05:29 PM.


Homer_J #10 Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • 29,982
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postdead1egs, on 05 October 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

ive got 16 orders i think (done all stug final missions with honors, all htc final missions with honors, t55a HT,MT,LT and TD final missions with honors and obj 260 HT and LT final missions with honors) and all the missions i have left are TD15, MT15, 4 arty missions and arty 15 left to do, so i should be just be able to skip all those missions with my orders next patch and get the obj 260, if my maths is correct :D 

 

 

You can't count either.  You will have used 4 orders to get the 5th part for the T55A, unless you want to return that and roll back all your progress in the OBJ260 missions.



Jumping_Turtle #11 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61234 battles
  • 5,300
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

done with honors -

5x Stugg

5x T28 HTC

LT, SPG and TD for T55a

LT and SPG for 260

 

Done TD 15 for 260 also but without honors.

Am at MT 15 also and need a few more for the HT.

 

So will spend 8 orders for the MT and HT #15 and get the Obj. 260 and the last two girls.



VeryRisky #12 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 17345 battles
  • 8,551
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

Unless you really want the 260 asap, there's a case for holding off in case another mission set is released.

 

On the other hand using orders to get the T55A releases all those fat 260 missions.



K_A #13 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13641 battles
  • 4,665
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

View PostVeryRisky, on 05 October 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

Unless you really want the 260 asap, there's a case for holding off in case another mission set is released.

 

On the other hand using orders to get the T55A releases all those fat 260 missions.

 

My problem precisely.. :ohmy: I have HT-15 and TD-15 left for the t55a, both I've been trying for the longest time and both are even getting harder next patch.. :sceptic: I have enough orders coming to enable me to just skip right to the Obj missions and start getting that phat booty from easy missions again, but that will bind 8 orders down from future use.. Then again on the other hand once I get my hands on tanks that can actually do those two missions more easily (E-100, Grille etc.) I'll be able to get them back.

Unknown_Lifeform #14 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27425 battles
  • 507
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View PostK_A, on 05 October 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

 

My problem precisely.. :ohmy: I have HT-15 and TD-15 left for the t55a, both I've been trying for the longest time and both are even getting harder next patch.. :sceptic: 

 

Nooooooo! I've just got those 2 to do as well and as I never did the arty missions I won't be able to just buy my way through them. Guess I better actually make a try for them before the patch roles in.... I just don't play enough TD and heavy most of the time.



Homer_J #15 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • 29,982
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 05 October 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

done with honors -

5x Stugg

5x T28 HTC

LT, SPG and TD for T55a

LT and SPG for 260

 

Done TD 15 for 260 also but without honors.

Am at MT 15 also and need a few more for the HT.

 

So will spend 8 orders for the MT and HT #15 and get the Obj. 260 and the last two girls.

 

Assuming you have done HT15 and SPG15 for the T55A without honours that will give you 15 orders.  You will need to use 12 to complete the other three classes for the Obj260 unless you already have SPG15 done without honours.

dead1egs #16 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 24634 battles
  • 181
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 05 October 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

 

 

You can't count either.  You will have used 4 orders to get the 5th part for the T55A, unless you want to return that and roll back all your progress in the OBJ260 missions.

 

why do i have to do the 5th part for the t55a??? i already have that tank, you only need the parts (engine, gun etc) for the object, surly if i already have the t55a i wouldn't have to go back and do the t55a missions to get the object 260??? whats gonna happen, next patch comes out and my t55a is going to be removed from my garage???

Dundato #17 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26300 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    06-09-2012
who would want it

HundeWurst #18 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 69735 battles
  • 4,337
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

I already got my 260 2 years back. And I actually had to work for it. Though all the RNG missions, good old 2 fires and such.

 

YOu get a free tank now....

 

 

Also guys, is it not pathetic how Wargaming is able to pump out a new tier 8 premium every 2 weeks but aint able to make a new campaign in4 years?



JakeRoook #19 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 260 battles
  • 271
  • Member since:
    04-20-2013
Changing? Are they gona change 260?

dead1egs #20 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 24634 battles
  • 181
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

View PostWunderWurst, on 05 October 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

I already got my 260 2 years back. And I actually had to work for it. Though all the RNG missions, good old 2 fires and such.

 

YOu get a free tank now....

 

 

Also guys, is it not pathetic how Wargaming is able to pump out a new tier 8 premium every 2 weeks but aint able to make a new campaign in4 years?

 

Personal missions doesn't make wargaming money... Its the same with lack of new maps, bad mm etc but dont worry guys, here's that new tier 8 prem tank that no one asked for...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users