Its Time To Nerf It: VK100.01P

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

Search_Warrant #1 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25976 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

This tank is beyond broken. i was shelling it with 330 APCR at the turret face and bouncing. he was holding off 2 tier 9 heavies at the bottom of himmelsdorf while they was capping. he sat on the corner and just afk bouncing everything. the tank is a german defender. the cupola is a insanely stupid 220 which no tier 8 can reliably pen. the lower plate is so small my UDES with 0.24 accuracy bounced the UFP3 times and 1 shot underneath it.

The tanks a MAUS at tier 8, it has to be nerfed, wot-news even states its too good and on Defender levels of broken. the Mauschen and Maus are just as bad at this stupid thing.

ExemeXe #2 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5012 battles

Yes, we know.

Everyone knows.

Except WG.

FluffyRedFox #3 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21564 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Just shoot the cupola :trollface:

SuperLowIQplayer #4 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 405 battles
*Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 08 October 2017 - 02:19 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.

Mimos_A #5 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21247 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostSuperLowIQplayer, on 05 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

*Edited

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 08 October 2017 - 02:19 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.

HundeWurst #6 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Its tier 8... Its never gonna get nerfed. When was the last time WG touched a standard tier 8? They are busy wanking on all the dank money they are making instead of actually adressing problems.

WG just gave up on tier 8 and below appearntly. No premium you can make money with? No changes!

Matcorr #7 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22515 battles
It's not OP though, if you don't know where to aim then that's your problem. It's a tier 8 so most games it will be bottom tier against tanks that can pen easily with standard ammo as well as all the spgs that will focus it down. Quit whining over nothing. It has it's strengths and weaknesses just like every other tank.

Mimos_A #8 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21247 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostWunderWurst, on 05 October 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Its tier 8... Its never gonna get nerfed. When was the last time WG touched a standard tier 8? They are busy wanking on all the dank money they are making instead of actually adressing problems.

WG just gave up on tier 8 and below appearntly. No premium you can make money with? No changes!

It's a pretty inherent problem with non-tier 10 (and maybe non tier 9) superheavies. Less armour and they'll just get slapped around when bottom tier, but with the current armour it's completely broken against same and lower tiers. They just shouldn't do these kind of tanks that can be both bottom and top tier, it's almost impossible to make them balanced both ways.

ares354 #9 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 72387 battles
Lower plate is easy to pen, even if he is angling it. You can perma track him with dmg if he overangle. Cupola get pen if shell hit right spot, and will bounce if rng wont help you. Tank goes 20. Reload is quite long. 

But yea, nerf him to ground, and dont touch Defender coz its premium tank, and this game in not p2w at all. 

Bucifel #10 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27727 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postares354, on 05 October 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

Lower plate is easy to pen, even if he is angling it. You can perma track him with dmg if he overangle. Cupola get pen if shell hit right spot, and will bounce if rng wont help you. Tank goes 20. Reload is quite long. 

But yea, nerf him to ground, and dont touch Defender coz its premium tank, and this game in not p2w at all. 

just this...

lets complain about a standard tank wich is designed for armor and big gun and have decent weakpoints, especially LFP...nerf it....and forget about stupid OP premiums wich are better in almosy any aspect..

great logic

:facepalm:

i never had problems to pen it except in sidescraping...and im just mediocre...

so sorry...here the problem is on you, not on this VK...

Edited by Bucifel, 05 October 2017 - 09:07 PM.

Uebergewicht #11 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
  • [ATD] ATD

I´ve recently grinded through it, and yes, this tank is absurdly powerful. No other tank makes you feel so all-around confident. When driving the VK, I lost all respect for opponents tier 8 and lower. The VK just drivers over those. You can face tier 9 heavies head on on basically equal footing and can even hold your own against tier 10s. You´re only really in trouble when something higher tier can get at your cupola in short range, but other than that, this tank is fortress. Combine ridiculously effective armor with a gun that has tier 10 levels of alpha and actually pretty decent gun handling, then its no wonder how this tank is a murder machine. Oh, und you also have excellent view range, so you can pick up that spotting assist while you go.

On the one hand, I can really see why people feel the VK is overpowerd  - its pretty much the strongest tier 10 heavy (with the possible exception of the Defender). On the other hand, I´m really glad there is a tier 8 heavy tank that can actually still perform as a heavy tank against higher tiers - its a great feeling to not be bothered by the match making all the timer. But yeah, if you ever get to be top tier in this tank, it´s not even funny how easily you can roll over the enemy team... lower tiers will struggle to pen its side and all its weakspots are unusable against guns under 230pen, while you get bombarded with 440 alpha shells.

Sadly I´m not sure how I would balance this tank. It´s the juggernaut of tier 8 and should have some fear factor to it, and it´s not unreasonable to have a tech tree tank that isnt powercrept by Defenders and Patriots. Yet there seems hardly a way of nerfing it that wouldnt make it utterly suck. Look at the other "balanced" tier 10 heavies that are supposed to have armor as their strenght, these get slaughtered by higher tiers, which they currently face all the time... I dont want the VKP to end the same way.

Igor_BL #12 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35510 battles

ofc it is OP and brocken, but dont expect nerf any time soon.

Also

"you can permatrack it if he overangles"

WOW. this is so no possible on any other tanks.

VK turret weakspot is just too strong.

brumbarr #13 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

For people saying its not OP:

Posted Image

Its as OP as the defender, considering this tank has a stock grind and prob worse crews in it.

Its annoying to deal with, if you cant see the lower plate you are forced to push the 3 key to have a chance of penning the cupola, and even then its nto easy to hit and not bounce. lets not forget it has a 440 alpha gun with better gun handling than the defender aswell.

Uebergewicht #14 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
  • [ATD] ATD

View PostIgor_BL, on 05 October 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

"you can permatrack it if he overangles"

WOW. this is so no possible on any other tanks.

Well the VKP also has spaced armor over the track wheel, which makes tracking him actually significantly harder than normal tanks. Or at the very least tracking while doing damage. Shooting perfectly 90 degrees at his side, the armor over his frontwheel is somewhere around 200, 240 and 280, depending on the exact pixel you hit. For track and damage you need to shoot it frontally at about 45 degrees, bypassing the spaced armor, hitting the tiny track part that sicks out and then penetrate the side of the lower plate. Yeah try pulling that of consistently in combat.

Block Quote

VK turret weakspot is just too strong.

As I said I can really see where the criticism is coming from, but giving this tank a tumor that is actually weak can make it go form really strong to total crapawfully fast... It´s not like you can wiggle all that much with a tank that slow, and you cannot angle the cupola. You could still hide it behind buildings that basically means your tank performance will be majorly impacted depending on which side of the map you spawn - if its the side that lets you cover your tumor or not.

dennez #15 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16745 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Ahahhahahahhahhahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa

brumbarr #16 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUebergewicht, on 05 October 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

As I said I can really see where the criticism is coming from, but giving this tank a tumor that is actually weak can make it go form really strong to total crapawfully fast... It´s not like you can wiggle all that much with a tank that slow, and you cannot angle the cupola. You could still hide it behind buildings that basically means your tank performance will be majorly impacted depending on which side of the map you spawn - if its the side that lets you cover your tumor or not.

Make the cupola 180mm thick and buff speed to 25, problem solved.

HassenderZerhacker #17 Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

I think the VK100.01 is less OP than the defender and a couple other tier 8.

tier 8 TDs who know what they are doing can shoot it to pieces

against tier 9 it already has a hard time

as long as there are other stupid OP tanks such as defender, chrysler and to some extent things like the patriot and liberté in the game, there is strictly no reason at all to nerf the VK100.01P

and look one tier higher... what can the VK100.01P do against a Type 4 ??

either nerf them all (will not happen with the premiums) or none.

nerfing just the VK and not touching the OP premiums would be really unfair

Search_Warrant #18 Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25976 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 05 October 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

I think the VK100.01 is less OP than the defender and a couple other tier 8.

tier 8 TDs who know what they are doing can shoot it to pieces

Clearly you dont realise im a near blue player. playing a tank like UDES with 288 BASE APCR pen and i couldent pen it no matter what. i aimed at all the weak spots and none of them penned, heck 330 apcr gold pen wasent going threw that turret face (cupola and lfp hidden). its not a L2P issue and never was. next you tell me Defenders balanced coz TVP can counter it. :trollface:

Edited by Search_Warrant, 05 October 2017 - 10:26 PM.

seppc76 #19 Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 30659 battles
  • [P4NTA] P4NTA
Im currently driving the VK. Its after the Tiger P sooo nice to have reliable armor. And yes, when you use brains its a very strong tank. Still, often i got killed even with angling good (still learning...) because 225 Cupola is pennable by most Tier 8 Heavies (and from all of them with Gold). Even beeing flanked is much easier then in an IS3 or Defender (20 km/h)
I still prefer Patriot over VK but i dont see any easy point in nerfing this tank, to be honest. Its already inflexible and cant follow moving flanks.

In my Opinion - when you get used to this tank as enemy, you can outplay it (not every time, but often enough).

HassenderZerhacker #20 Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 05 October 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

Clearly you dont realise im a near blue player. playing a tank like UDES with 288 BASE APCR pen and i couldent pen it no matter what. i aimed at all the weak spots and none of them penned, heck 330 apcr gold pen wasent going threw that turret face (cupola and lfp hidden). its not a L2P issue and never was. next you tell me Defenders balanced coz TVP can counter it. :trollface:

uuuuh clearly I'm not worthy of talking in presence of your highness.

seriously though - if you don't manage to hit the weakspots, it means you were trying to snipe it from afar, but the VK has been designed to be resistant against snipers. yet there are plenty of frontal weaknesses:

- lfp (180)

- turret ring (230)

- turret front where the little holes are (220)

- cupola (220)

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 05 October 2017 - 10:36 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users