Caernarvon is the next OP beast..

caernarvon OP af wg retarded wg is retarded

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

Press2ForSkill #1 Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

Even though WG nerfed the FV4005 stage2 thing back to 35kmh, i still feel 10 gun depression is enough, but that's not why i made this topic, i made cuz:

Holy &%*%#$^%&*#^$&* crap

Caernarvon was OP AF in the 1st phase of test server, but i thought "Nah. WG surely wouldn't be THAT stupid to keep the tier 10 DPM on a tier 8.

And here the 2nd phase of test comes... almost nothing gets changed after the 2nd common test, only tier 10 lights cuz bots cried if i remember correctly

3.2k-ish DPM at tier 8? Rly? With bonds equipment it can go 4.81 reload for a 280 dmg gun.. which gives 3489 DPM

that with great accuracy, snapshotting, 10 gun depression and really nice turret armor...?

my 1st battle in the Caernarvon = 5899 dmg

2nd battle in Caernarvon = 3.1k dmg + 4k assist

3rd battle in Caernarvon = 4k dmg + 6 kills against tier 9 tanks

4th battle = died in Caernarvon cuz i was all alone in corner but still did 2.4k dmg

i have 3.8k DPG or something after 4 battles in a tier 8 tank, that would be amazing in even in tier 10 tanks, nevermind tier 8!!!!!!!

i haven't played the tank much, but that doesn't change the fact that it is OP af, just looking at it, it screams "OP AF"... 

did the caernarvon need a buff? YES! but can't WG learn how to buff their *edit tanks without making it ridiculously OP??? Tier8mm is already terrible, nevermind with all the noobs that will spam this tank now, Caernarvon can now fight tier 10 mediums (long range) with that turret armor+dpm+gun handling..

so what's the point of this thread = Hopefully enough people agrees and some idiot from WG sees this also, since i really doubt they look at the public test feedback threads

Edited by Jbnn, 07 October 2017 - 09:48 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Mr_Beefy #2 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20758 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77
Too bad the switch on the Caernavron and Conquerer didn't happen this patch, to make the grind to the FV215B more bearable (in the case of the tier 8, the Conquerer is a friggin MONSTER tier 9 HT, and it will be even better now.)

Edited by Mr_Beefy, 06 October 2017 - 10:38 AM.

Press2ForSkill #3 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

View PostMr_Beefy, on 06 October 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

Too bad the switch on the Caernavron and Conquerer didn't happen this patch, to make the grind to the FV215B more bearable (in the case of the tier 8, the Conquerer is a friggin MONSTER tier 9 HT, and it will be even better now.)

t9 conq is decent but caernarvon is simply  a tier9 tank at tier8 it self.. and it has 1600hp even 

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Ye, the new Caernarvon looks way to good.

But it is WG after all, and they are not known for making balanced buffs, just look at Maus.

So before release, Caernarvon might get another 200 hp and improved armour.

MrClark56 #5 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 5880 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It is just WG buffing a tank to OPness so that everyone grinds it out.. with free xp... then nerfs it to move on to another line..

Aikl #6 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Question is, how good is it against the current rulers of T8, the VKP and Defender?

Fighting fire with fire is what it seems like - especially when we have to make assumptions based on patch notes rather than notes from people pulling the strings.

Still not rebuying until the patch hits. Smells like a bait to me. FV-flavored bait.

Press2ForSkill #7 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

View PostMrClark56, on 06 October 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

It is just WG buffing a tank to OPness so that everyone grinds it out.. with free xp... then nerfs it to move on to another line..

tbh most people already has the Caernarvon researched cuz many grinded to FV215b

View PostZlatanArKung, on 06 October 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Ye, the new Caernarvon looks way to good.

But it is WG after all, and they are not known for making balanced buffs, just look at Maus.

So before release, Caernarvon might get another 200 hp and improved armour.

sadly true..

View PostAikl, on 06 October 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

Question is, how good is it against the current rulers of T8, the VKP and Defender?

Fighting fire with fire is what it seems like - especially when we have to make assumptions based on patch notes rather than notes from people pulling the strings.

Still not rebuying until the patch hits. Smells like a bait to me. FV-flavored bait.

Answer to that question = it is really good against defenders and VKP's, VKP has great armor but many people just spam gold at it anyways, and Caernarvon has great DPM+ good turret armor + great gun depression, and a lot more mobile than the VK, it can own a VK quite easily, defender has bad gun handling, the Caernarvon will own the defender as well if u load gold..

Really how the hell are people supposed to grind anything now? Tier 7-8s are already really bad to play with, and WG keeps making tier 8 mm worse and worse and worse, i'm really sick of this absolute BS.. a Caernarvon can actually win a fight against a T54 now.. has much better gun handling and has more DPM.. 
Sick and tired of WG's crap, 3 mark requirements for Caernarvon will be higher than the IS7 probably 

Baldrickk #8 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29530 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 06 October 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Even though WG nerfed the FV4005 stage2 thing back to 35kmh, i still feel 10 gun depression is enough, but that's not why i made this topic, i made cuz:

Holy &%*%#$^%&*#^$&* crap

Caernarvon was OP AF in the 1st phase of test server, but i thought "Nah. WG surely wouldn't be THAT stupid to keep the tier 10 DPM on a tier 8.

And here the 2nd phase of test comes... almost nothing gets changed after the 2nd common test, only tier 10 lights cuz bots cried if i remember correctly

3.2k-ish DPM at tier 8? Rly? With bonds equipment it can go 4.81 reload for a 280 dmg gun.. which gives 3489 DPM

that with great accuracy, snapshotting, 10 gun depression and really nice turret armor...?

my 1st battle in the Caernarvon = 5899 dmg

2nd battle in Caernarvon = 3.1k dmg + 4k assist

3rd battle in Caernarvon = 4k dmg + 6 kills against tier 9 tanks

4th battle = died in Caernarvon cuz i was all alone in corner but still did 2.4k dmg

i have 3.8k DPG or something after 4 battles in a tier 8 tank, that would be amazing in even in tier 10 tanks, nevermind tier 8!!!!!!!

i haven't played the tank much, but that doesn't change the fact that it is OP af, just looking at it, it screams "OP AF"... 

did the caernarvon need a buff? YES! but can't WG learn how to buff their *edit tanks without making it ridiculously OP??? Tier8mm is already terrible, nevermind with all the noobs that will spam this tank now, Caernarvon can now fight tier 10 mediums (long range) with that turret armor+dpm+gun handling..

so what's the point of this thread = Hopefully enough people agrees and some idiot from WG sees this also, since i really doubt they look at the public test feedback threads

4 battles.  On the test server. Where 90%+ of players haven't a clue but are there to try out high tier tanks that they are nowhere near getting on live, don't care at all about the result, and you are a player who is playing at super-unicum levels in your recents.

You are also applying the best possible equipment to it including the new enhanced equipment etc that takes many bonds to buy.

Most people won't be able to buy these. Most who can won't buy it for this tank.

I'm interested to see how it does in the hands of the masses.

Maybe the brits finally get a tank that people will respect in this game.

ZlatanArKung #9 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 06 October 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

tbh most people already has the Caernarvon researched cuz many grinded to FV215b

sadly true..

Answer to that question = it is really good against defenders and VKP's, VKP has great armor but many people just spam gold at it anyways, and Caernarvon has great DPM+ good turret armor + great gun depression, and a lot more mobile than the VK, it can own a VK quite easily, defender has bad gun handling, the Caernarvon will own the defender as well if u load gold..

Really how the hell are people supposed to grind anything now? Tier 7-8s are already really bad to play with, and WG keeps making tier 8 mm worse and worse and worse, i'm really sick of this absolute BS.. a Caernarvon can actually win a fight against a T54 now.. has much better gun handling and has more DPM.. 
Sick and tired of WG's crap, 3 mark requirements for Caernarvon will be higher than the IS7 probably 

Lucky me my Caernarvon already have 3 marks :P

Press2ForSkill #10 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

View PostBaldrickk, on 06 October 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

On the test server. Where 90%+ of players haven't a clue but are there to try out high tier tanks that they are nowhere near getting on live, don't care at all about the result, and you are a player who is playing at super-unicum levels in your recents.

You are also applying the best possible equipment to it including the new enhanced equipment etc that takes many bonds to buy.

Most people won't be able to buy these. Most who can won't buy it for this tank.

I'm interested to see how it does in the hands if the masses.

Maybe the brits finally get a tank that people will respect in this game.

Tbh most players on the live server also has no idea how to play the game so that's not much of a difference, and considering everyone spams gold on test server, and the armor STILL bounces a lot..

I only applied improved rammer+vents on the caernarvon in the 5899 dmg game, after that i took them off and i noticed no real difference, the DPM is still amazing and gun handling is still amazing, improved equipment doesn't have much of an influence if the reload is already really low..

edit - me having 3k+ recent wn8 has nothing to do with how i played tbh, i just kept shooting non stop cuz of the OP reload and good armor

here is the 5899 Dmg game if anyone is interested  http://wotreplays.eu...ill-caernarvon 

Edited by Press2ForSkill, 06 October 2017 - 11:23 AM.

Bucifel #11 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29622 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

its not op...is just balanced with new stupid premium tanks and a good counterpart for Patriot...thats all

they simply need to buff all tanks at this stupidity level now for balance...just because in their drunk conception they "cant" nerf premiums...but released them with OP stats...

so thats the result

caernavon is a good start for rebalance....next they just need to buff all others to make game again how was suposed to be !

Edited by Bucifel, 06 October 2017 - 11:37 AM.

Press2ForSkill #12 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle

View PostBucifel, on 06 October 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

its not op...is just balanced with new stupid premium tanks and a good counterpart for Patriot...thats all

they simply need to buff all tanks at this stupidity level now for balance...just because in their drunk conception they "cant" nerf premiums...but released them with OP stats...

so thats the result

caernavon is a good start for rebalance....next they just need to buff all others to make game again how was suposed to be !

Caernarvon is better than Patriot..which is an indirect nerf to Patriot, so according to you, all tier 8 tanks should be OP and be able to fight tier 9-10 tanks? Then what's the point to play tier 9-10

Edited by Press2ForSkill, 06 October 2017 - 11:48 AM.

NOPANs_Bicycle #13 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1471 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
patriot owners on suicide watch

Bucifel #14 Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29622 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 06 October 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

Caernarvon is better than Patriot..which is an indirect nerf to Patriot, so according to you, all tier 8 tanks should be OP and be able to fight tier 9-10 tanks? Then what's the point to play tier 9-10

not to fight tier 9 and 10s...to fight their own OP premium counterparts.

if WG keep their stupid logic and "cant" nerf those OP specimens...the ONLY way to balance this game again is, yes, to buff all others to same level of stupidity

tier 9 and 10 will be better anyway and everytime...so whats your point...?

better guns, better armor, better HP, viewrange...in tier 9 case SMM, and for tier 10 top tier everytime...so reasons to play them exists. :)

problem is on tier 8 and below...where they *edit up balance.

Edited by Jbnn, 07 October 2017 - 09:52 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Gkirmathal #15 Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 06 October 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

/s You expect too much of Wargaming :teethhappy: Some things just need to be overlooked. You know, creating your own job security. Cause his will be addressed eventually and one of the production devs can log some serious hours and overtime into this! Performance analyses, that takes months(!) and then tweaking that dpm down again...just imagine. That possible overtime there...one would instantly forget to adjust the dpm before it's release /s

Edited by Gkirmathal, 06 October 2017 - 12:28 PM.

thestaggy #16 Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

View PostBucifel, on 06 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

if WG keep their stupid logic and "cant" nerf those OP specimens...the ONLY way to balance this game again is, yes, to buff all others to same level of stupidity

better guns, better armor, better HP, viewrange...in tier 9 case SMM, and for tier 10 top tier everytime...so reasons to play them exists. :)

My sentiment exactly.

WG has trapped itself in an arms race with the the questionable decisions made in tiers 8 - 10.

Very good tier 8 premiums plus significant gaps between tier 8 and tier 9 performance and the new ''improved'' MM means they now have to address the tier 8 tech-tree tanks and that means huge buffs. This now widens the gaps to tier 6 and 7 which means they may eventually have to start tweaking the mid tiers. The aftershock from poor decisions made at the top is now being felt the mid-tiers.

Rati_Festa #17 Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41489 battles

Yes it's an obvious conclusion to introducing over powered prem tanks, the whole of T8 needs a rethink. I went through some of my old tanks recently cdc, t44-100, t54 mod 1, I played them a lot about 12 months ago when I was cred grinding and did reasonably well in them. Now though... they just aren't as effective, they aren't useless completely but the power creep or perhaps the MM has changed how I can play them.

If WG are sticking to the new mm template ( do they regard it a success? ) then they will have to look at how people are supposed to get from t7 to t9 because at the moment its torture. I have 5-6 lines sat in tier 4,6 and 7 now waiting for some kind of positive change to t8, if they don't resolve it soon then I'll probably just leave the game or limit my playing/investing time down to a bare minimum.

Press2ForSkill #18 Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle
Cant buff every single tank so defender etc is balanced... game would become an absolute joke (if it isn't already).. luckily in january/febr my university days start so i will play this game x10 times less, so that's at least some good news.. forcing myself away from greedy stupid WG

__H3H3__ #19 Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30354 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostBucifel, on 06 October 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Stop this stupid thinking please.

tajj7 #20 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24849 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Why is there an instant assumption that DPM makes something OP? 

The tier 10 Russian meds aren't OP, they have great DPM, the Tortoise is crap, has the highest DPM in the game.  The Tiger 1 has 2250 DPM on tier 7, with above average alpha for its tier, very high pen and tier 8 levels of HP, very far from OP.

The Obj, 416 has 2.5k DPM with 320 alpha on tier 8, not seen anyone claiming that is OP. 

The only significant changes to the Caernarvon are the turret being reliable and the alpha bump, which is still the lowest alpha of any tier 8 heavy, in fact it's still got alpha lower than now four tier 8 mediums. Should not the heavy tank with the lowest alpha have a significant DPM advantage over the tanks with 320, 390 and now 440 alpha? To be honest that is how the game should work, they should be applying 2.5 - 2.6k DPM to the 240 alpha mediums on tier 8 so they have something actually worthwhile. 

Seems pretty balanced to me, an IS3 can snap shot you for over 400 damage and pull back into cover, the Caervarvon hits it for a 250 low roll and loses out, suddenly it doesn't seem very OP. It's not like the game basically revolves around trading these days in crappy corridor maps, oh wait, it does. 

The Caernarvon then for this DPM and slight alpha jump gives up gun handling, penetration, accuracy and shell velocity. Again seems a good trade off. 

What are you QB?, DPM is not the be all and end all, especially in the current meta, in fact many 'high DPM' tanks are crap, whilst some low DPM tanks are excellent (like T30 or Lowe). Let's also remember that the Caernarvon currently is the worst tier 8 heavy and probably one of the worst tier 8s, this is like people losing their sh*t over the FV4202 buffs, takes a lot of buffs to make a turd OP. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users