Jump to content


CDC is completely obsolete

cdc is awful

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Entr0py #1 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 17744 battles
  • 88
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

What reason is there to play the CDC, other than the fact it's a premium tank?

 

Lots of other premiums have been buffed over it, despite it being probably hte worst tier 8 medium now? Maybe the SPershing is worse, but it's not much worse.

 

Can the CDC please get a massive buff to its soft stats so it's not a complete liability in every game? Its gun handling is a complete joke considering it has no armour at all, and 35 power-weight is a joke with its stupidly low top speed and horrendous terrain resistances.



ValkyrionX #2 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45411 battles
  • 1,110
  • [T4K3] T4K3
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

http://wotreplays.eu...asseur_de_chars

 

almost 6k dmg on my cdc and you really lose time with this thread? 



RandomBlank #3 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10346 battles
  • 703
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

"My iPhone 5 is now slower than about every phone on the market. Dear Apple, please update it so that it's as fast as the newer phones."

 

Sorry, my dear. Want to stay up-to-date with your tank fleet? You're supposed to spend money on new premiums.

 

 



Balc0ra #4 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66525 battles
  • 16,563
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostEntr0py, on 06 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said

Lots of other premiums have been buffed over it, despite it being probably hte worst tier 8 medium now? Maybe the SPershing is worse, but it's not much worse.

 

Must be why I still prefer to farm credits in my SP vs my other tier 8 prems. As it costs nothing to run.

 

CDC was never about the armor anyway. It was lacking from day one, and from day one people used HE on it. It was about the speed and gun depression. Tbh I don't find the speed to be an issue. It's crew depended more so then the other more mobile tier 8 prem meds sure. But slow? Not that slow that I find it a hinder like on the FV. Nor is the gun as bad as on the FV. It's still a good bully med. Issue is that it's more map depended then the others due the the low armor.



THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #5 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9513 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015

it took you this long OP ????.



japtank #6 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27619 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

The gun handling is lacking but a small fix would make it great again.

A no armor tank needs a good gun and that's it.



brisha #7 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15497 battles
  • 1,514
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

Its not really tbh, always being bottom tier now in a t8 means it's crap armour means nothing as the other t8 prem mediums cant exactly bounce much any way. The CDC has speed and a decent gun dep on it's side so the trick, which I can't perform tbh, is to keep it moving and not get shot. but it's not really changed much since day one apart from the fact the higher calibre guns with their higher alpha means it cant take many hits compared to when it was t6 and 7 tanks before.

 

So that's it and any t8's downfall, the higher alpha kills them quicker leaving you thinking they're crap.



Derethim #8 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17640 battles
  • 1,983
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012
Weaker tier VIII premiums like this one should get pref. mm 

The_Georgian_One #9 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37142 battles
  • 1,630
  • [KOFN] KOFN
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 October 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...asseur_de_chars

 

almost 6k dmg on my cdc and you really lose time with this thread?

 

And that one unicum battle proves exactly what? I had epic battles in St. Emil, does it mean it's OP? CDC is among worst tier 8 premiums now, no doubt about it. If they allow trade-in again it's 1st in line for me to be kicked out.

_Anarchistic_ #10 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40039 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015
also with the changes to 30 and 30b it no longer teaches gameplay either.  a shame really, made sense in a way for the premium crew trainer to reflect the tier 9 and 10 tanks

Rati_Festa #11 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 43595 battles
  • 1,496
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View PostRandomBlank, on 06 October 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

"My iPhone 5 is now slower than about every phone on the market. Dear Apple, please update it so that it's as fast as the newer phones."

 

Sorry, my dear. Want to stay up-to-date with your tank fleet? You're supposed to spend money on new premiums.

 

 

 

wtf? How can u compare a physical product with a digital product that the creator controls the environment it is deployed in. 

_____Yarpen_____ #12 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22112 battles
  • 123
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

Meh, all but most recent premium t8s are totally fXXcked now by MM rules.  Even pref MM tanks like KV5 and IS6 make no sense without gold ammo.

CDC is a good tank in capable hands, just like any other tank but the real issue is with the insane power creep that WG has allowed in past year or two...


Edited by _____Yarpen_____, 06 October 2017 - 03:44 PM.


Bludsuager #13 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11852 battles
  • 287
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View PostEntr0py, on 06 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Lots of other premiums have been buffed over it, despite it being probably hte worst tier 8 medium now?

 

 

Panther 8,8 want a word with you... slower, less gun pen (203 in this meta!) and large with less gun depression... If we gonna buff the CDC please gib da pantha a little buff pwease



_Great_Cyrus_ #14 Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 18875 battles
  • 62
  • Member since:
    04-10-2015

View PostEntr0py, on 06 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

What reason is there to play the CDC, other than the fact it's a premium tank?

 

Lots of other premiums have been buffed over it, despite it being probably hte worst tier 8 medium now? Maybe the SPershing is worse, but it's not much worse.

 

Can the CDC please get a massive buff to its soft stats so it's not a complete liability in every game? Its gun handling is a complete joke considering it has no armour at all, and 35 power-weight is a joke with its stupidly low top speed and horrendous terrain resistances.

 

Any Tank you buy will be Obsolete in year of two. ( Best Option is not to buy any)  , Skorpion is Good Tank but I don't play it cause Tier 8 MM is Bull.....

Edited by _Great_Cyrus_, 06 October 2017 - 04:03 PM.


Slyspy #15 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14202 battles
  • 16,734
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

There are four problems with the CDC:

 

1. It has poor maneuverability.

2. It has poor gun handling.

3. In common with all tier eight meds it has pathetic alpha and DPM.

4. It was supposed to be a TD.



VarzA #16 Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21631 battles
  • 1,462
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 October 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

 

Must be why I still prefer to farm credits in my SP vs my other tier 8 prems. As it costs nothing to run.

 

CDC was never about the armor anyway. It was lacking from day one, and from day one people used HE on it. It was about the speed and gun depression. Tbh I don't find the speed to be an issue. It's crew depended more so then the other more mobile tier 8 prem meds sure. But slow? Not that slow that I find it a hinder like on the FV. Nor is the gun as bad as on the FV. It's still a good bully med. Issue is that it's more map depended then the others due the the low armor.

 

I personally don't mind any of those things.

Neither do i mind the softstats on mobility, they are there to keep the engine in check, which is very powerful.

 

However, the gun stats are a joke, it's so bad that i've gone to rammer/vstab/egld and my creds/game immediately went up.



VarzA #17 Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21631 battles
  • 1,462
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View Post_Great_Cyrus_, on 06 October 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

 

Any Tank you buy will be Obsolete in year of two. ( Best Option is not to buy any)  , Skorpion is Good Tank but I don't play it cause Tier 8 MM is Bull.....

 

Then don't sell it .... i bought it right before 9.18.

 

So who do i see about returning my lemon for full price ?



RandomBlank #18 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10346 battles
  • 703
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 October 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

 

wtf? How can u compare a physical product with a digital product that the creator controls the environment it is deployed in. 

 

Of course I can. Planned obsolescence. The differences you might point out are completely moot. It's exactly the same business practice, except in case of electronic hardware you're given an illusion of actual research and progress playing a role; for digital products that illusion is more difficult to create.

Search_Warrant #19 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27235 battles
  • 6,318
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
Welcome to tier 8 mediums. they lost there place in this game.

Strappster #20 Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 24805 battles
  • 9,568
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

Through the magic of soft stats, the T-44-100 isn't much less mobile than the CDC, which makes the CDC even more of a joke, particularly after the T-44-100 was buffed. Sure, if you're a capable player with a decent team then it's still a good tank but that holds true for every tank in the bloody game so it's a moot point.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users