Jump to content


113 OR WZ-111 5A


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

tankin1 #1 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13111 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012
Hello guys, i have enough XP for either of the two T10 Chinese heavies. So which one would you recommend and why. Thanks alot. Looking forward to this disscusion.

Dava_117 #2 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17629 battles
  • 2,198
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
I don't have them, but I would say it depends on wich role do you prefere. 113 is a fast heavyum that can't rely too much on armor. WZ-111-5A is better armoured and armed, but less mobile, even if not that much.

_Anarchistic_ #3 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34879 battles
  • 1,027
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015
I intend to get both, I got 111-5a first as it was TOTT and took advantage of the discount.  going to keep 111-1-4 as well

brumbarr #4 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,299
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostDava_117, on 06 October 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

I don't have them, but I would say it depends on wich role do you prefere. 113 is a fast heavyum that can't rely too much on armor. WZ-111-5A is better armoured and armed, but less mobile, even if not that much.

I am sorry but no,

113 is the sturdier faster one.

Wz is the less armoured one with the better gum.



Igor_BL #5 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35556 battles
  • 1,048
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

how can wz have better armor?!

 

 

113 has better turret. and hull.  can eff sidescrape

 

i prefer wz because of 490 alpha. but  113 is much better hulldown tank



Dava_117 #6 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17629 battles
  • 2,198
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postbrumbarr, on 06 October 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

I am sorry but no,

113 is the sturdier faster one.

Wz is the less armoured one with the better gum.

I may get confused, but 113 has 10mm less armor on the turret and it's UFP is butter.

 

Edit

Just checked

113 hull 120mm turret 290

111 UFP 140mm LFP 155 turret 300


Edited by Dava_117, 06 October 2017 - 03:19 PM.


brumbarr #7 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,299
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostDava_117, on 06 October 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

I may get confused, but 113 has 10mm less armor on the turret and it's UFP is butter.

 

Edit

Just checked

113 hull 120mm turret 290

111 UFP 140mm LFP 155 turret 300

Do what? Thickness is irrelevant, 

The 113 upper plate is much better angled, meaning it will bounce most ap and even heat. The turret is better angled aswell and has smaller hatches. On top of that it can actually sidescrape since its not a pikenose.



Dava_117 #8 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17629 battles
  • 2,198
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postbrumbarr, on 06 October 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Do what? Thickness is irrelevant, 

The 113 upper plate is much better angled, meaning it will bounce most ap and even heat. The turret is better angled aswell and has smaller hatches. On top of that it can actually sidescrape since its not a pikenose.

 

Well I have to trust you cause, as I said, I don't have them. In my experience 113 is butter, but may be I found just bobs driving it...

Derethim #9 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16434 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 06 October 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

 gum.

I had to

 

View Posttankin1, on 06 October 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Hello guys, i have enough XP for either of the two T10 Chinese heavies. So which one would you recommend and why. Thanks alot. Looking forward to this disscusion.

I'd go for the 113, simply because it's sturdier if you manage to hide the lower plate. Also, it looks like an interesting tank to play and it's quite rare.



somegras #10 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 46248 battles
  • 8,668
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostDava_117, on 06 October 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

 

Well I have to trust you cause, as I said, I don't have them. In my experience 113 is butter, but may be I found just bobs driving it...

 

It's quite well armoured, but it doesnt brawl other HTs very well in corner fights etc.



somegras #11 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 46248 battles
  • 8,668
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013
And I suggest the WZ if you really enjoyed the tier 9, they play quite similair. In the end both are worth it.

brumbarr #12 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,299
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostDava_117, on 06 October 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

 

Well I have to trust you cause, as I said, I don't have them. In my experience 113 is butter, but may be I found just bobs driving it...

I have both, you can trust me ;)



soul3ater #13 Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18480 battles
  • 573
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012
both are really good but wz over 113 because of the alpha and the -7 gun dep.

captainpigg #14 Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30359 battles
  • 762
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014
Take the WZ-111 5A, at least it's real tank prototype. Ok maybe a Wargaming improvement, but still at least based on the real prototype. The 113 like the 110; 112; T-34-1; 2; 3; Type 59/Patton and the entire TD line never existed. Also the Type 34(76mm) was never used by China.

tankin1 #15 Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13111 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    12-20-2012

View Postcaptainpigg, on 06 October 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Take the WZ-111 5A, at least it's real tank prototype. Ok maybe a Wargaming improvement, but still at least based on the real prototype. The 113 like the 110; 112; T-34-1; 2; 3; Type 59/Patton and the entire TD line never existed. Also the Type 34(76mm) was never used by China.

 

I read somewere 113 Had some hulls made but they were together with the WZ destroyed in Nuke testing. So not such a big difference.

__H3H3__ #16 Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29990 battles
  • 577
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

View Postcaptainpigg, on 06 October 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Take the WZ-111 5A, at least it's real tank prototype. Ok maybe a Wargaming improvement, but still at least based on the real prototype. The 113 like the 110; 112; T-34-1; 2; 3; Type 59/Patton and the entire TD line never existed. Also the Type 34(76mm) was never used by China.

 

Why would he give a crapabout that? 

captainpigg #17 Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30359 battles
  • 762
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View Posttankin1, on 06 October 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

 

I read somewere 113 Had some hulls made but they were together with the WZ destroyed in Nuke testing. So not such a big difference.

 

Um nope, here a picture of the Wz-111 in Chinese tank museum. An easy way to determine whether a Chinese tank is fake or not, is if it is claimed to have been destroyed during nuclear testing, it's a fake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WZ-111_Heavy_Tank



captainpigg #18 Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30359 battles
  • 762
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 06 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

Why would he give a crapabout that? 

 

He did ask for a reason for one or the other, whether that's a good reason is up to him. Personally if there is a choice in a line between a fake (ie: Wargaming™ or KongZhong™ ) or a real tank (including blueprint and proposals), I would take the real tank even if considered worse. For example I'm going for the Ferdinand over the JP2 for that reason.

Edited by captainpigg, 06 October 2017 - 04:34 PM.


Warzey #19 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 56291 battles
  • 807
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
There are a few really bad aspects of 113. If anything manages to penetrate your side armor you can kiss your ammo rack goodbye and on top of that fuel tanks are behind the lower plate.

theSwedishTankDriver #20 Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23388 battles
  • 950
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    03-04-2013

WZ-111 5A. No explantation should be needed.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users