• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Baldhazard #1 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18431 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

Hey,

Me first time I'm writing...Wanted me 12 year old son to try some tanks this was his first experience:/ They where flaming him like hell... because he didnt get him self killed alone and was looking for backup. Where does war gaming think they get new players from? This players base is way too poisonous:/ And hello Hakkapeliitta...he just wanted to respond to my mail again, so gona put a second screenie! Is this what gaming is about these days, no fun and mistakes...just flaming folks like hell?

Edited by Baldhazard, 06 October 2017 - 06:03 PM.

RamRaid90 #2 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22473 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
In before the thread lock :)

jabster #3 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostBaldhazard, on 06 October 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Hey,

Me first time I'm writing...Wanted me 12 year old son to try some tanks this was his first experience:/ They where flaming him like hell... because he didnt get him self killed alone and was looking for backup. Where does war gaming think they get new players from? This players base is way too poisonous:/ And hello Hakkapeliitta...he just wanted to respond to my mail again, so gona put a second screenie! Is this what gaming is about these days, no fun and mistakes...just flaming folks like hell?

One would suggest that you don’t just let your son play your tanks when they haven’t got the first clue what they doing. Checking out some of the options for ingame chat may have been helpful as well.

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22473 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Oh and a point, you might want to disable in game chat if you're letting someone as young as 12 play online.

/Thread.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67411 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

A: Welcome to the forum. But there is a naming and shaming rule here, even if they said stuff like that.

B: Most expect anyone to know as much or more then they do. Even if you have less the 1K games and they have 40K games. Even more so on tier 8.

C: It would be better for your less experienced kid to play lower tiers, vs higher up. As no one cares about that on low tiers. And most expect you to know more on tier 8.

If this bothers you that much, you can block others from sending messages to you, or your kid via the settings menu. If you press Esc, go to settings, and in the first tab in the upper left corner there is a "chat" section. You can turn of chat during battles "map ping and command wheel will still work". Or block people not on your friends list from sending messages to you. They did that so you as the parent can shield your kid from people think they are better then the rest. It's that simple.

Edited by Balc0ra, 06 October 2017 - 05:44 PM.

Baldhazard #6 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18431 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

Hi,

Thank's for the last post. Blocked him but wanted to show ya what the player base is writing these days! This is not making any good gaming experience for young nor olds!

Yours sincerely,

Baldhazard

Warzey #7 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57433 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY

Players in a somewhat competitive pvp game are toxic and in other news water is wet. 

If you're concerned about "toxicity" there are appropriate chat options as in turning off in-game chat and receiving PMs only from people on your contact list.

It is also understandable that some people may be upset when their team mates are not particularly helpful, it's a team based pvp game after all. 

Homer_J #8 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You might want to delete those screenshots, there's a no name and shame rule here.  You know to keep the toxicity down.

Edited by Homer_J, 06 October 2017 - 05:48 PM.

Baldhazard #9 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18431 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

Hi Ramraid,

12 years =16 years these days mate, the kids getting stuff from games, internet and all media like **** these days:/ 

Good point tho...Gona tell me son to play Mario:)

And you gona know how he reacts to that if ya have kids:)

Pvt_Duffer #10 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 October 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

A: Welcome to the forum. But there is a naming and shaming rule here, even if they said stuff like that.

B: Most expect anyone to know as much or more then they do. Even if you have less the 1K games and they have 40K games. Even more so on tier 8.

C: It would be better for your less experienced kid to play lower tiers, vs higher up. As no one cares about that on low tiers. And most expect you to know more on tier 8.

If this bothers you that much, you can block others from sending messages to you, or your kid via the settings menu. If you press Esc, go to settings, and in the first tab in the upper left corner there is a "chat" section. You can turn of chat during battles "map ping and command wheel will still work". Or block people not on your friends list from sending messages to you. They did that so you as the parent can shield your kid from people think they are better then the rest. It's that simple.

TBF it does look from the screenies that he was in the  PZ IIIC:

The bolded part is the only reason this game gets a PEGI 7, and is worth doing if you are going to let a 12 year old play.

Drunk people and offensive idiots are part and parcel of online gaming. If you can't live with that, then dont let hiim play.

Duffer Jnr was not allowed to play online games till he was 13. Even then, no headsets and chats muted, all on console, till he was near 15. BY which time he'd heard far worse at school than he was ever going to hear in an online game.

On the one occasion I let him lose on my account, he typed "help, I'm new", and some wag replied open the map using ALT-F4. 

Poor git crapped himself when the game disappeared.

It's your job to educate him on how to deal with this stuff. Posting a moan to the forum is not the finest example, Naming and Shaming  even less so as now you've broken the rules too.

Edit: removing the picture s is not enough, you have still named him in your post.

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 06 October 2017 - 06:02 PM.

RandomBlank #11 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10356 battles

Eh. Toxic, not toxic... not really. I'd say "hot-blooded". People often get very emotional and don't mince words, but they rarely mean anything. Plus there's a lot of idiots. I mean, crowds. Sometimes they have some completely wrong preconceptions of what others are meant to do.

While starting off with Tier 8 was quite unwise, if you expect your son to have a nice, clean, profanity-free experience, I strongly suggest he stays off all online games, not just WoT. Games really bring out a lot of bad in people's behaviors. WoT is actually rather tame as community interactions in online games go. You're expected to grow a thicker skin and simply learn not to care. If you can't do that, online games are not a good choice in general.

OTOH, to reduce the amount of justified rage, you're expected to learn the game from the ground up. And letting someone else (even your son) play on your account is in direct violation of EULA.

Baldhazard #12 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18431 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

Hey Homer_J

Gona take em down....Was kinda sad about the responses about his tbh :/

....Out!

HeidenSieker #13 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostBaldhazard, on 06 October 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Me first time I'm writing...

You need to remove those screenshots, edit them to blank out the offender's name, and perhaps put them back up again then.

You are likely to get a "warning" if you leave them. 3 warnings and you will be banned from posting for a long time.

You could post the replay on wotreplays, and (there) title it whatever you like (I have put up some replays where there was outrageous behaviour myself...).

Just don't do it on the forums!

HeidenSieker #14 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostBaldhazard, on 06 October 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Was kinda sad about the responses about his tbh :/

What can one say. Yes, whoever posted those messages is undoubtedly a whatsit, but it's breaking the rules to post such things here.

Use "wotreplays" :)

Baldhazard #15 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18431 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR
I dont think i'm gona post anything for a long time :) But took em down!

Homer_J #16 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBaldhazard, on 06 October 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Hey Homer_J

Gona take em down....Was kinda sad about the responses about his tbh :/

....Out!

I have a 14 year old son, he plays online games.  He also goes to a comprehensive school in Britain.  I know which is worse and it's the one I can't legally stop him from doing.

That's life these days, better to educate them in how to handle it than try (and fail) to stop it happening.

qpranger #17 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 33833 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Another example of how this game desperately needs balance by skill/leagues.

jack_timber #18 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34569 battles

My 11 year old grandson plays, have all chat etc turned off, he quite enjoys it at T1 to 3.

But yes chat can be a bit much for younger players.

Laiskamato #19 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46496 battles

View PostBaldhazard, on 06 October 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Hey,

Do what i did with  my daughter, turn of in game chat and only allow players who are in friends list to send messages.

If you are a parent and you allow your son to play any online game and don't use the filters there are, then you are doing extremely bad job at parenting.

Don't blame the player base for your own short comings.

TheDrownedApe #20 Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 44746 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostBaldhazard, on 06 October 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

I dont think i'm gona post anything for a long time :) But took em down!

TBH you've been treated better than i thought. most have been cordial and given you good advice.

anyway welcome too. when it's a team based game you need most to be helpful. If you let him play on yours those with XVM see a 15k player acting horrendously and will flame accordingly. Set up his own account accoutn and let me run riot on mittengard on a fresh account. No one will mind then

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users