• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

I'm thinking about objectives such as:

- spot an enemy and don't kill it yourself

- detrack an enemy and don't destroy it yourself

- bounce X damage

these are total rubbish!

in the series of missions for stug IV there was the requirement to bounce X damage, the result is that I stuck the hull of my Tiger P in the air by driving up a heap of sand at the top of himmelsdorf, teammates were asking what I was doing.

other missions I sat there, shooting tracks and waiting for someone to destroy my target... and waiting... and tracking it again... and waiting... and tracking it... oh crap, it exploded...

now I'm trying to do the mission "bounce twice your HP and deal 1500 damage". so I have been trying for 2 days already to do it with my O-I, often dealing enough damage, and then trying to find an enemy to shoot me.

last episode: sand river. I dealt 2000 damage already but still need some bounces, and the enemy is nearly dead, then there is that T-34 200m away, it shoots one time, two times, and... one more to go... boom! the T-34 explodes "I saved you" says the arty... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Personal missions need corrected:

- one should always be allowed to destroy targets oneself

- any requirement of bounce/spotting points should always be complemented by "or X damage", especially bounces

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 07 October 2017 - 02:21 AM.

Shaade_Silentpaw #2 Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21112 battles
The bouncing missions for heavy tanks are especially silly, since anyone with a shred of common sense will just fire gold at you. (Or HE, if they have decent HE rounds)

Balc0ra #3 Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 October 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

Personal missions need corrected:

- one should always be to destroy targets oneself

- any requirement of bounce/spotting points should always be complemented by "or X damage", especially bounces

Just wait for the next patch then. As then the damage requirement goes down on that one. And just about every Stug and T28 mission.

But don't matter what the missions are. If they remove bouncing or spotting missions, by replacing them with kills or damage. Then we will get whine topics about kill stealing or red line damage farming in HT's. Pick your poison basically. WG don't call EU the "drama queen" server for nothing.

HassenderZerhacker #4 Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 October 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

Just wait for the next patch then. As then the damage requirement goes down on that one. And just about every Stug and T28 mission.

But don't matter what the missions are. If they remove bouncing or spotting missions, by replacing them with kills or damage. Then we will get whine topics about kill stealing or red line damage farming in HT's. Pick your poison basically. WG don't call EU the "drama queen" server for nothing.

they could just add the alternative to deal damage instead of the silly mission objectives...

Strappster #5 Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:16 AM

General

• Player
  • 23565 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If you think about it, the mission conditions act in part as training material.

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 October 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

I'm thinking about objectives such as:

- spot an enemy and don't kill it yourself

- detrack an enemy and don't destroy it yourself

- bounce X damage

1. Learn that when you can't damage the enemy, spotting them for your team still brings you xp and credits.
  2. Learn about tracking assist damage and when it's useful to track an enemy, also aiming with intent.
  3. Learn about armour angling.

I know a lot of players might only want to point the boom-stick at the red tanks and make them go 'splodey and not spend a moment thinking any further but at least the missions might do something positive.

Edited by Strappster, 07 October 2017 - 03:34 AM.

Phobos4321 #6 Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42812 battles

personal i cant see anything wrong encouraging  heavies to say alive longer if it work is something else  also for the scouts: 

a spotting scout would hardly shot  distance, speed, accuracy  on the move he will hardly hit  if he was standing i would lose his camo value making him far easier to spot

than again is it wrong to encourage tanks with rather poor pen. but fast reload to go for the tracks ?

ogremage #7 Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31601 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

I agree.

Or the camo net requirement. Wear a camo net on your LT to pass mission with honours. How about I don't and just ran optics as that is better? Nooo then you don't pass with honours.

Do you WG guys even play the game well? Or you just throttle along in your God accounts with every tank in garage and get your 51% winrates and gg?

Homer_J #8 Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27023 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 October 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

and then trying to find an enemy to shoot me.

It's not the missions, it's your approach to them that's wrong.

Stop chasing objectives individually, if you play a heavy normally you will get the bounce and damage missions naturally.  There are stupid heavy missions but that's not the damage and bounce ones.

Like the ramming mission - I've always completed this by waiting for some idiot scout to charge into me.

kiolvi #9 Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48732 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

View PostStrappster, on 07 October 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

If you think about it, the mission conditions act in part as training material.

1. Learn that when you can't damage the enemy, spotting them for your team still brings you xp and credits.
  2. Learn about tracking assist damage and when it's useful to track an enemy, also aiming with intent.
  3. Learn about armour angling.

I know a lot of players might only want to point the boom-stick at the red tanks and make them go 'splodey and not spend a moment thinking any further but at least the missions might do something positive.

I must say that for me the missions did just that. Made me learn different stuff. Some missions may be silly, but there is a logic behind them. 

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Sounds like

"I cant do missions, please make them easier for me"

very similar to the "I can't kill "X" tank, so please buff tank "Y" because I have it in my garage"

Edited by RamRaid90, 07 October 2017 - 08:17 AM.

Aikl #11 Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

OP actually has a point; I have the feeling that right after the personal missions launched, it was just "mission this" "mission that" and doing whatever was needed to complete them. There's a difference between making them 'easier' and making them less dependant on having an idiot on the enemy team that believes armor gets weaker when shot multiple times in the same spot. I mean, they're supposed to be long-term goals for when you've reached higher-tiers and get bored, but some of them are pretty stupid and/or relies on incredibly stupid enemies.

Take even LT-15 for example. Sure, you can complete that one with skill, but I would guess most players just play until they eventually get a map where LT-15 is possible by sheer scouting - and then park in a bush. That's what the "i did LT-15 lol" replays/videos tell them, anyway. Going for early spots can be incredibly detrimental to gameplay, not to mention too risky to be worth it if the aim is to win the game.

Pure damage and/or XP might work for it instead of combined damage - the idea is to get rid of the part where you need a somewhat favourable map to have a fair chance, and maybe put more emphasis on skill. The HT-15 missions depend a bit on the kind of tank you're driving, but it's far from hard to do (at least the StuG and T28 ones) it if you have a good game in a T7 heavy either - and they're far less dependant on what map you're on.

RamRaid90 #12 Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAikl, on 07 October 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

OP actually has a point; I have the feeling that right after the personal missions launched, it was just "mission this" "mission that" and doing whatever was needed to complete them. There's a difference between making them 'easier' and making them less dependant on having an idiot on the enemy team that believes armor gets weaker when shot multiple times in the same spot. I mean, they're supposed to be long-term goals for when you've reached higher-tiers and get bored, but some of them are pretty stupid and/or relies on incredibly stupid enemies.

Take even LT-15 for example. Sure, you can complete that one with skill, but I would guess most players just play until they eventually get a map where LT-15 is possible by sheer scouting - and then park in a bush. That's what the "i did LT-15 lol" replays/videos tell them, anyway. Going for early spots can be incredibly detrimental to gameplay, not to mention too risky to be worth it if the aim is to win the game.

Pure damage and/or XP might work for it instead of combined damage - the idea is to get rid of the part where you need a somewhat favourable map to have a fair chance, and maybe put more emphasis on skill. The HT-15 missions depend a bit on the kind of tank you're driving, but it's far from hard to do (at least the StuG and T28 ones) it if you have a good game in a T7 heavy either - and they're far less dependant on what map you're on.

I think the idea should really be about getting the game away from the whole "HURR DURR DERMERGE" and actually introduce an element of tactical play into the game.

Aikl #13 Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRamRaid90, on 07 October 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

I think the idea should really be about getting the game away from the whole "HURR DURR DERMERGE" "HURR DURR KEMP" and actually introduce an element of tactical play into the game.

Fixed, but generally agree - though I'm sure a large portion of the WoT playerbase thinks that defending the base is pretty hardcore operator tactics. :)

Balc0ra #14 Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 October 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

they could just add the alternative to deal damage instead of the silly mission objectives...

So you just want damage missions? Not class related missions. Not bouncing in a HT. Not spotting in a LT, not stunning in arty. Just 15 missions of damage.

UrQuan #15 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRamRaid90, on 07 October 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

I think the idea should really be about getting the game away from the whole "HURR DURR DERMERGE" and actually introduce an element of tactical play into the game.

I agree with this. Some missions are rather dumb. regarding the HT missions, the one that ask to block damage are fine by me. The one I really got trouble with on why they're even there on HT missions is the ram-kill one (serious, most heavies just lack the mobility for such ramming, so that's not teaching much). Would change it to 'inflict ramming damage (no specified number please) on top of regular damage/block/assist' combine objective, as that would teach people about the sturdiness of (most) heavies. Ramkills are just too specific on tank & map (KV-5 is good at it, prem tank tho)

The cap one did got improved, by allowing defense points be eligible for it too, not just cap-points, helps alot. I would change the damage objective in it to damage done/blocked/assist combine tho, to emphasize that Heavy tanks aren't all about doing damage, but are about taking it & dishing it out.

CmdRatScabies #16 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35178 battles

View PostUrQuan, on 07 October 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

I agree with this. Some missions are rather dumb. regarding the HT missions, the one that ask to block damage are fine by me.

Although it's a PITA when your team's Maus parks in the middle of a field and gives the team updates on how much HP he's bouncing while losing the match.

RamRaid90 #17 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 07 October 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Although it's a PITA when your team's Maus parks in the middle of a field and gives the team updates on how much HP he's bouncing while losing the match.

I've seen a Maus carry a game by driving into the middle of Malinovka and bouncing over 15k damage while his teammates just picked off those he spotted whilst they were pre occupied.

TACTICAL.

Edited by RamRaid90, 07 October 2017 - 11:46 AM.

Headless_Rooster #18 Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9067 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

The missions don't make much sense, tier V Stug IV mission can't be done in a tier 5 tank (although it says any tank tier IV or above) good luck getting HT15 in a mid tier russian HT, lots of folks recomend getting a T29 to do it, that's tier 7, same for the arty missions you can't do stun damge in less than tier 7 on the british line, so you have to grind to tier 7 to comeplte them, and then you can finish them in 14 battles...

they should be achieveable in same, or even +1 tier, to the reward tank IMO, even limited to same teir/+1 vehicles.

Half the time you achive a mission it's more luck than judement/skill

Edited by Headless_Rooster, 07 October 2017 - 12:41 PM.

Xandania #19 Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34345 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 07 October 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

The missions don't make much sense, tier V Stug IV mission can't be done in a tier 5 tank (although it says any tank tier IV or above) good luck getting HT15 in a mid tier russian HT, lots of folks recomend getting a T29 to do it, that's tier 7, same for the arty missions you can't do stun damge in less than tier 7 on the british line, so you have to grind to tier 7 to comeplte them, and then you can finish them in 14 battles...

they should be achieveable in same, or even +1 tier, to the reward tank IMO, even limited to same teir/+1 vehicles.

On the other hand Bert and Bishop are still great for these knock out modules missions - and for being top on xp. Wish they had a little stun though - even if that would make most missions all too easy :P

P33K #20 Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20376 battles

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 07 October 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

Actually you can do at least Stug LT15, MT-15 and SPG-15 with tier 5. Did the LT with (pre-nerf) ELC myself. You don't really need to stun for SPG either, tracking suffices as well.

Sure, TD and HT are extremely hard to complete at tier 5. I think I did the TD15 with T7 Jagdpanther and HT with some T7 as well. TD is certainly possible at T6 (maybe even at T5 with IVc and long 88). HT I wouldn't even try before T7... but u dont really need it if u can do the rest four.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users