T110E5 being crap again.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

japtank #1 Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27611 battles

Just watched the curves out of curiosity and the tank is as bas as it's ever been.

The cupola nerf was too much.

With an atrocious ammorack, low alpha, bottom, top and flank glaring weakspots, the tank is underperforming.

It still has a decent gun handling and good armor at mid to long range, but even the IS-4 (*chuckles*) is performing better.

Why would anyone pick any American line over other nations?

Edited by japtank, 07 October 2017 - 12:51 PM.

Coldspell #2 Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18583 battles
I love the way people say it's crap "again" when before its buff it was still a preferred tank for clan wars on certain maps.

brumbarr #3 Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

nah, the cupola nerf wastn the  problem.

The E5 isnt good anymore because of powercreep, since it was nerfed the maus has been buffed, the type5, a lot of meds turret has been buffed etc.

Also new tank that are much better than it have been introduced ( wz1115A and soon the SC).

Its the powercreep and meta change that leaves it in the dust.

Press2ForSkill #4 Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14631 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
Still a nice tank. Got 7.4k dmg (my new best) a few days ago. E5 good for dmg scores but i feel like it cant carry teams cuz of other superheavies etc

ijskast #5 Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24096 battles

The tank isnt very good these days, its a subpar allrounder. The weakspot on top makes the turret armor worhtless, and with the recent buffs, most of the medium tanks have more effective armor than this crap tank. 

Armor effectivness in general is broken as hell in the game unfortunately. Its basically depends on the willingness of the opponent to press the gold ammo key.... Too bad Wargaming ignores this for too long now. 

HundeWurst #6 Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67602 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
I actually like the E5 in its current state. Ok its outdated since the IS7 got overbuffed. But thats not the fault of the poor E5 but the IS7

Dava_117 #7 Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17617 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

I agree with WunderWurst.

Plus the curve you showed us just prove that E5 is no more a noob proof tank. It underperform at low WR while it overperform at high WR. It became a difficoult tank, because it require to take into account several major drowback (as the cupola). 

Now noobs just get powned in it

enu_ #8 Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22534 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
with HD model they buffed cupola and nerfed lfp, then they nerfed cupola and left same lfp. so yes it is crap now worse than before HD model and buffed cupola

japtank #9 Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27611 battles

Noobs?

Let's be real, the IS-7 is the noob magnet, it's 4 times more played than the E5, and it performs way better than the E5.

This has nothing to do with noobs but with figures, and the E5 is 5% below the expected winrate around the pivot of 49%.

It's a fact.

If I read the figures wrong, I'll gladly acknowledge my error, but I haven't been proven wrong so far: the tank underperforms by a way too large percentage.

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19693 battles

View Postjaptank, on 07 October 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

Let's be real, the IS-7 is the noob magnet, it's 4 times more played than the E5, and it performs way better than the E5.

This has nothing to do with noobs but with figures, and the E5 is 5% below the expected winrate around the pivot of 49%.

Sure, but that's also because IS-7 line has very good tanks like IS, IS-3 and T-10... Every tank is a keeper, and noob friendly. Well, maybe T-10 is not, but its still pretty damn good.

So people get IS-7 as first tier 10, I did also. I would guess IS-7 players are on average the least experienced.

Poerhis #11 Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16668 battles
  • [SIKA] SIKA

The M48 is a better heavy tank than the T110E5.

They could just have made the E5 lower plate ridiculously easy to pen and leave the turret to be monstrous. The tank would have been just fine. But no, bawwwww -> nerf nerf. The nerf barely took general power creep into account

Now most tier 10 tanks crap on the E5. The Super Conqueror with that turret and -10 depression especially makes the E5 even more obsolete than it already is.

Edited by Poerhis, 07 October 2017 - 07:56 PM.

HundeWurst #12 Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67602 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostTankkiPoju, on 07 October 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Sure, but that's also because IS-7 line has very good tanks like IS, IS-3 and T-10... Every tank is a keeper, and noob friendly. Well, maybe T-10 is not, but its still pretty damn good.

So people get IS-7 as first tier 10, I did also. I would guess IS-7 players are on average the least experienced.

T-10 is awesome. However the average player will see it being labled as a heavy and play like one, rather than how its actually played: like a medium.

Well as other mentioned, the E5 is not idiotproof any more. On the higher end of the scale its a balanced tank, on the lower end it apprears to be lackluster.

So I dont think that the E5 needs any help. I am much more for nerfing tanks which currently make it more or less obsolete: WZ5a, 113, IS7, SQ (with the next patch). All these were changed much more recently. All of them were changed to an OP stand.

At some point the powercreep has to be stopped. Why not use this one as "the point". Keep the E5 as it is and start nerfing the other tanks.

sgtYester #13 Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52257 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

just give the e5 the same cupole as the patton.. still a weakspot, but harder to hit.. fixed.

also give is7 a cupola. that tank has NO weakspot on its turret and cant be penned when hulldown. 

VarzA #14 Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17495 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Isn't it a bad tank because of the low alpha, not so great mobility and obvious armor weakspot ?

FatigueGalaxy #15 Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18586 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostColdspell, on 07 October 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

I love the way people say it's crap "again" when before its buff it was still a preferred tank for clan wars on certain maps.

CW doesn't matter because it has its own set of rules. Premium ammo is used almost exclusively so mobility, firepower and gun handling matter more. And if E5 is preferred tank on some maps, then you'll facing E5 on enemy team too (mirror match-ups).

In random battles, things get ugly when you get an E5 and enemy gets a Maus. Your team probably won't be able to deal with on its own so you have to engage it. And fighting Maus 1vs1 in a "support heavy" is not fun.

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 07 October 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Still a nice tank. Got 7.4k dmg (my new best) a few days ago. E5 good for dmg scores but i feel like it cant carry teams cuz of other superheavies etc

"I've got some good battles, therefore tank must be good" - what's up with this logic? People get Kolobanovs in AMX 40 but that proves nothing.

tajj7 #16 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24386 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postbrumbarr, on 07 October 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

nah, the cupola nerf wastn the  problem.

The cupola was always the problem, recent changes have just highlighted that even more. It was underperforming before the recent changes and before the likes of the 5A came along. 

It's a hull down heavy, in a line of hull down heavies, that has a giant turret weakspot that even the worst gun handling guns can hit, thus basically defeating the whole point of the tank. A hello E5, strong turret you say, let me just snap that cupola over and over and over. Yeh great 'armour'. 

As I said when people whined about it being OP before (when it wasn't as the WR graphs clearly showed) the issue with the E5 was not the cupola buff, the tank needed the cupola buff so it could actually do it's role, the problem was the LFP buff which turned a LFP that anyone with 200 pen pretty much auto-penned into something that easily trolled tier 10 guns and means E5s could sit in the open and still bounce a lot and this also meant E5s could go bully lower tiers as well, whereas originally the E5 couldn't do this as tier 8s could easily pen the LFP.

What's also funny is the M48 Patton is now a better hull down tank than the E5, and that is because they reduced the massive weakspot on the M48 Patton.  Hull down tanks with giant cupolas simply do not work and nerfing the E5 cupola was always going to cause it problem. 

Clearly the cupola nerf was not needed but I doubt they will revert it back so I'd like to see them buff the mobility, buff the top speed to 40-42kph, buff the reverse speed to 20 or 18, buff the ground resistances a bit. Then it at least becomes more of a heavium. 

Poerhis #17 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16668 battles
  • [SIKA] SIKA

I agree with tajj7.

Also, the solution of starting to nerf every tier x tank is pretty much out of the window by now. WG seems to be systematically balancing most lines upwards at the moment and I don't believe they are going to back off from that strategy. I personally have my issues with balancing like this as so many lines are punchbags while waiting for their due buffs, but what can you do...

brumbarr #18 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttajj7, on 08 October 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

The cupola was always the problem, recent changes have just highlighted that even more. It was underperforming before the recent changes and before the likes of the 5A came along. 

It's a hull down heavy, in a line of hull down heavies, that has a giant turret weakspot that even the worst gun handling guns can hit, thus basically defeating the whole point of the tank. A hello E5, strong turret you say, let me just snap that cupola over and over and over. Yeh great 'armour'. 

As I said when people whined about it being OP before (when it wasn't as the WR graphs clearly showed) the issue with the E5 was not the cupola buff, the tank needed the cupola buff so it could actually do it's role, the problem was the LFP buff which turned a LFP that anyone with 200 pen pretty much auto-penned into something that easily trolled tier 10 guns and means E5s could sit in the open and still bounce a lot and this also meant E5s could go bully lower tiers as well, whereas originally the E5 couldn't do this as tier 8s could easily pen the LFP.

What's also funny is the M48 Patton is now a better hull down tank than the E5, and that is because they reduced the massive weakspot on the M48 Patton.  Hull down tanks with giant cupolas simply do not work and nerfing the E5 cupola was always going to cause it problem. 

Clearly the cupola nerf was not needed but I doubt they will revert it back so I'd like to see them buff the mobility, buff the top speed to 40-42kph, buff the reverse speed to 20 or 18, buff the ground resistances a bit. Then it at least becomes more of a heavium. 

Its obviously not a hull dow heavy, sicne it has a weakspot on top, just like the M103.

That cupola armor was retarded, if they want to make it bette hulldown, just make it smaller, with the cupola as it was it almost as retarded as the vk1001p cupola.

And no, the M48 turret isnt better, over 70% of shots still pen, they jsut have to hit the turret, and its butter with heat, whereas the E5 turret is impenetrable for premium ammo and normal, except the cupola, which they still need to hit.

HundeWurst #19 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67602 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Posttajj7, on 08 October 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

A competent E5 driver will hide his cupola the best they can do. Yeah the average E5 driver is just going to sit around, without moving at all. Ofc thats not going to work and actually should not work either.

I still go with giving back all tanks proper weakspots to shoot at. The SQ should get a proper weakspot which can be penetrated even reliable if the player does not take care of hiding it. That would make the game better.

Press2ForSkill #20 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14631 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 08 October 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

"I've got some good battles, therefore tank must be good" - what's up with this logic? People get Kolobanovs in AMX 40 but that proves nothing.

I just mentioned that 1 battle specifically... i got many good rounds in it lately.. e5 is still really good, just other heavies that are OP that makes winning harder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users