Jump to content


Seriously now, how is experience distributed?


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Horcan #1 Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:57 PM

    The Great Hunter

  • Player
  • 57644 battles
  • 426
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011

Because i really dont understand since last 2 patches, how does game rank people after game. Just randomly sort them ? Does it matter how red [edited]monkey you are? Cause i really dont understand how that guy is first in xp. Its same tier , same class as me and he did worse than me. And its not only at low tier , i saw this a lot at tier X , especially with that IS-7, like in this game here.

http://forum.worldof...8#entry14603698

I know forum is spammed with this sort of topics, but maybe we should open 1 million topics like this until they tell us what is going on.

Attached Files

  • Attached File   shot_044.jpg   1.07MB
  • Attached File   shot_045.jpg   1.06MB


HundeWurst #2 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 67756 battles
  • 4,281
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

Thats a secret and should stay like it. Not because people would starting to abuse that knowledge by playing along the formula

BUT

Because any better would just start shaking their heads in disbelive how terribily bad the formula is.

 

So in the end the EXP distribution doesnt make any sense. Ranked has shown that more than once. But whatever. It doesnt really matter in randoms, so its not to much of a problem.



Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37418 battles
  • 4,539
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostHorcan, on 07 October 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

Because i really dont understand since last 2 patches, how does game rank people after game. Just randomly sort them ? Does it matter how red [edited]monkey you are? Cause i really dont understand how that guy is first in xp. Its same tier , same class as me and he did worse than me. And its not only at low tier , i saw this a lot at tier X , especially with that IS-7, like in this game here.

http://forum.worldof...8#entry14603698

I know forum is spammed with this sort of topics, but maybe we should open 1 million topics like this until they tell us what is going on.

 

Owned by a Pz1c - that's gotta sting.

I would guess that the damage he did was to higher tier vehicles?


 



Horcan #4 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

    The Great Hunter

  • Player
  • 57644 battles
  • 426
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011
might be, but 200 damage to have such relevance is beyond my comprehension. Even at tier 3.

Edited by Horcan, 07 October 2017 - 09:19 PM.


Balc0ra #5 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64467 battles
  • 15,475
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Well he had 3 kills. So if he only had tier 4 kills, and tier 4 damage. He gets 2 kinds of XP bonuses you might not have gotten. Kills give a small bonus modified by the enemy tier vs his. That and since he is a Pz 1c. I suspect he did drive by damage up close. And if he did that damage on his own spotting vs you. Well.

Edited by Balc0ra, 07 October 2017 - 09:35 PM.


RamRaid90 #6 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20597 battles
  • 6,286
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostHorcan, on 07 October 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

might be, but 200 damage to have such relevance is beyond my comprehension. Even at tier 3.

 

I'll make it simple. All his damage was on higher tier vehicles, all yours on the bottom feeders.

 

He gains increased XP and you don't.

 

Most of your damage is from 300m+, close up damage (less than 200m) is rewarded with more xp, all but 1 point of his damage was from close quarters so his XP is increased for that.

 

All the damage you did outside of 300m would have likely been halved for XP calculation because you were not spotting your own targets.

 

I honestly don't know how people fail to understand it...

 

Spot own targets, kill higher tiers, fight up close = more XP rewards

 

Camp and shoot targets others spot, fight the lower tiers in a match = less XP.

 

Exactly how it should work.


Edited by RamRaid90, 07 October 2017 - 09:38 PM.


PayMore #7 Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 23114 battles
  • 91
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
wg wants you to convert xp for gold

Dava_117 #8 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:11 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18597 battles
  • 2,765
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostRamRaid90, on 07 October 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

 

I'll make it simple. All his damage was on higher tier vehicles, all yours on the bottom feeders.

 

He gains increased XP and you don't.

 

Most of your damage is from 300m+, close up damage (less than 200m) is rewarded with more xp, all but 1 point of his damage was from close quarters so his XP is increased for that.

 

All the damage you did outside of 300m would have likely been halved for XP calculation because you were not spotting your own targets.

 

I honestly don't know how people fail to understand it...

 

Spot own targets, kill higher tiers, fight up close = more XP rewards

 

Camp and shoot targets others spot, fight the lower tiers in a match = less XP.

 

Exactly how it should work.

 

If I remember correctly, aslo the distance driven gives you exp. PzIC is a racecar, so probably has also drivem several km while you probably did'n exceede 2km.

RamRaid90 #9 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20597 battles
  • 6,286
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostDava_117, on 07 October 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

 

If I remember correctly, aslo the distance driven gives you exp. PzIC is a racecar, so probably has also drivem several km while you probably did'n exceede 2km.

 

No it doesn't.

 

And besides that they moved the same distance, so even if it were a factor it would be a moot point.



Cannes76 #10 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64627 battles
  • 1,619
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
It's basically totally random. I had a game recently where I had done 2k dmg all at close range and 400 assisted in tier X heavy (Yeah I know was not a very good game). Anyway an IS-7 who had done 0 dmg and 600 assisted, died earler and blocked much less, received more xp than I did...

Horcan #11 Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

    The Great Hunter

  • Player
  • 57644 battles
  • 426
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 07 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

 

I'll make it simple. All his damage was on higher tier vehicles, all yours on the bottom feeders.

 

He gains increased XP and you don't.

 

Most of your damage is from 300m+, close up damage (less than 200m) is rewarded with more xp, all but 1 point of his damage was from close quarters so his XP is increased for that.

 

All the damage you did outside of 300m would have likely been halved for XP calculation because you were not spotting your own targets.

 

I honestly don't know how people fail to understand it...

 

Spot own targets, kill higher tiers, fight up close = more XP rewards

 

Camp and shoot targets others spot, fight the lower tiers in a match = less XP.

 

Exactly how it should work.

 

I honestly dont know why people comment without even looking at the pictures. I did about 300 damage outside 300m ( halved ) and 390 inside , on my own spot. Id say it should be more xp than his 200 damage , whatever he hit. Even assist i had more than him.

http://wotreplays.eu...e/3869093#stats

Here , you can see what he hit : pz 1 c , t56 gmc and an arti. And i didnt camped.

And if youre so smart, maybe you can explain the other link with the IS-7.


Edited by Horcan, 08 October 2017 - 01:26 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users