Tanking for the greater good.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BravelyRanAway #1 Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:12 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Reading the forums of late, one cannot but notice the amount of threads about the new setup that draws T8's towards the pain of being bottom more often than top.

It's something that only WG can fix should they find it in their wallet heart and until then many will continue to suffer.

Personally, I'm not a great tanker at T8 or above....unless that definition is to take shots and die by 'tanking'. :P

I was thinking about how to affect a change, albeit small but satisfying. What can we do as players to help others?

Now I know that not many of the player base read the forums....hence the small. But yet......7,000-10,000 people visit this forum every day to read, learn, troll, contribute, teach, etc......regardless....that's a lot of players.

There are of those who visit the forum, a percentage, who can help others and stick it to WG(if that's their thing) should they wish while helping other players at the same time to reduce the exposure to T10 while playing T8.

We have tanks in this game with a limited MM at T8....these are.....off the top of my head.....

FCM 50t

IS-6

KV-5

WZ-111

T-34-3

Type 59

SuperPershing

Jagdtiger 8.8

Mutant

Each one of the above will only see T9 max and because of this....whenever you play one of these, the MM must draw from the pool other T8's and T9's to make up your battle. It means every time you press battle in one of those limited MM tanks, you save a player from facing T10's.

There are some T7's which will help too...

E25, 

Panther M10, 

AT-15A

(I think)

So....if you take these tanks into battle more often, you force the MM to take more T8's out o f T10 battles to meet you and at the same time save other T8 players from T10 pain.

WG say that at least 25% of players pay.......perhaps the percentage is higher among those who visit the forum....so perhaps 2,500 have a T8 limited MM premium.....and when you press battle you take 29 other T8 players from T10 battles....2,500 X 29 = 72,500. You help 29 other players every time you press battle in a limited MM T8. 

Do it more than once a night and become a 'Charity tanker'!:great:

(typed under the influence of booze........I'll regret it in the morning....I'm sure):hiding:

Search_Warrant #2 Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:42 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 25990 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Pfft i see far too much normal talk and perfect spelling there for you to be under the influence of booze. i call shenanigans

Edited by Search_Warrant, 08 October 2017 - 12:42 AM.

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:17 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 07 October 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

Pfft i see far too much normal talk and perfect spelling there for you to be under the influence of booze. i call shenanigans

I was aiming for a Tolstoy epic but ended up with a bog standard WoT posters effort.:sceptic:

Aikl #4 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I like the idea, but if this became a "problem" for the matchmaker it would likely just be adjusted to separate the PMM tanks from the rest to reinforce the "bottom-tier challenge". Well, and to make sure that you'll get your PMM tanks matched against Defenders, because that's fun too.

Playing these tanks do indeed qualify the idea as charity, though. I pay to make other players feel better... :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users