Ever had a game that makes you want to face butt the desk?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18733 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Sometimes a mere "face palm" doesn't suffice......

I was plodding along having a (for me) exceptional game, almost single handedly fought my way along a flank and was feeling extremely chuffed with myself only to realise the huge chunk of the team that had lemming trained along the other flank had (as per) miraculously melted and we were being capped

Still one of my better games but would have been soooo much better if we had actually won it

http://wotreplays.eu...y-t26e5_patriot

I thought last night was bad with 6 wins and a draw out of 49 games where only six of which were games we could or "should" have won out of the 42 losses, but this one game overshadows that entire night lol

That said however, I have a 10 kill game someone sent me the replay to where THEY lost too, so I guess I should count myself lucky really

Still worth a bit of a "grrrrr" though :)

(waits patiently for the avalanche of "your'e crap, you should learn to play then you would have won" type comments lol)

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 08 October 2017 - 04:37 AM.

Pandabird #2 Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Fiery salient. Sunny day, lots of heavies and meds. Feeling confident.
No arty, me in IS-7. Running up to E5-F6 area while pinging the hill. Nope. Entire team forms a blob in A1 and resort to the brilliant tactic of sending a single tank down 1 line with minute intervals while the rest watch them disappear one by one. Fine. I hold middle, get annoyed by people firing from the hill but take no damage. Then i get hit from the rear. And again. Nobody shooting the STB that's so obviously on the bump in the open next to cap. I'm forced to back down and enemy heavies rush me down. I'm dead. Team is blind and then dead. Then they accuse me for bad spotting.

Tier 10 yo.

Edited by Pandabird, 08 October 2017 - 07:21 AM.

Press2ForSkill #3 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle
Facebutt desk? Hell  no. But i have been pissed as hell. Was on 8 kills, was 1vs7, took it 1vs4 and then i couldnt pen the back and side of t26e4 like 3 or 4 times and died cuz of that.. 

CaptainThunderWalker #4 Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18937 battles

I just got a High Caliber when bottom tier in my Ke-Ho. The only other player who did sufficient damage was a  T40 (another Tier IV, thus also bottom tier). Together we did more damage than the rest of the team combined...

Edited by CaptainThunderWalker, 08 October 2017 - 08:02 AM.

Aikl #5 Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Last iteration of the Komarin map, over three years ago. Playing T29 in a T8 match. Close to 5k damage, destroyed four out of five remaining enemy tanks, very short on time - and the last one is a SU-122-44 that decided to camp the middle island out of sight, that forces a draw just because why not. :facepalm:

undutchable80 #6 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Stalingrad South spawn. Me in T37. Together with another LT Type 64 and two MT we push left flank. Game quickly turns into 3-7 disadvantage but we pull back to 11-11. MTs are dead and Type 64 rushes back to decap. I use camera like a boss to see which side of building i need to go to flank a Tier 7 turretless TD that is camping near their base. Already thinking of the glorious @$$ shots I will take, I zip around the corner, manage to flip myself on my side and end up right in front of the TD... Face met palm at that point... 

FluffyRedFox #7 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

General

• Player
  • 22569 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Every single game on the test server

ZlatanArKung #8 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Played a game with Brumbarr on Paris, he in his T95 me in a T54E1.

Game was going well, then Brumbarr committed to middle part of map and went out, and died.
I killed the Obj 140 as a retaliation move. Then I tried to sidescrape in the T54E1 against T28 and M103 but it didn't work. So I died for no reason just like brumbarr.

In the end we lost that game, so after that night we only won 6/8 instead of 7/8.

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37377 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 08 October 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

Facebutt desk? Hell  no. But i have been pissed as hell. Was on 8 kills, was 1vs7, took it 1vs4 and then i couldnt pen the back and side of t26e4 like 3 or 4 times and died cuz of that..

Some games, no matter how hard you try RNG has already decided you will lose :(

It was once on the wrong side of a 15-1 loss in my T49 - got the drop on a GW Panther with 152mm cannon at POINT BLANK RANGE and guess what?

'We didn't penetrate their armour' :ohmy::angry:

Mimos_A #10 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22147 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

Several.

One of the worst I remember was a Murovanka game where we took the forest by storm, everything going well, team is leading. Then apparently someone in a platoon shot someone in another platoon (from the chaos in chat I gather it was accidental, but I didn't see it happening). Moments later we have both three man platoons exchanging insults and shooting each other. 2 guys turn blue and get banned, 2 are dead, the remaining 2 just spent the rest of the match cursing each other in chat and we lose a game which was pretty much won already...

Another that made me want to break stuff was a game on Himmelsdorf. They had a lot of tanks on the hill, we didn't, so I decide that staying on the hill is suicide and start running away to help somewhere else. Just as a hit the lip of the hill I get hit. Hard. I lose 1000 hp to arty. Our OWN G.W E100... I have no idea how he even aimed so bad that he hit me... But, being bottom tier and now a one-shot to everything, it was pretty much game over. The lower area was full of one shots that i could have easily helped take out if I had more than 50 hitpoints left, so of course we lose 15-2 with most of the enemy team being one-shots...

Jigabachi #11 Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPandabird, on 08 October 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

Fiery salient. Sunny day, lots of heavies and meds. Feeling confident.
No arty, me in IS-7. Running up to E5-F6 area while pinging the hill. Nope. Entire team forms a blob in A1 and resort to the brilliant tactic of sending a single tank down 1 line with minute intervals while the rest watch them disappear one by one. Fine. I hold middle, get annoyed by people firing from the hill but take no damage. Then i get hit from the rear. And again. Nobody shooting the STB that's so obviously on the bump in the open next to cap. I'm forced to back down and enemy heavies rush me down. I'm dead. Team is blind and then dead. Then they accuse me for bad spotting.

Tier 10 yo.

Had a similar game. Noone on the hill, one guy near the traintracks, a few cornercampers. But the rest of the team was actually near the middle ridge. 

Didn't look too bad, so I decided to advance in my light tank, which was a huge mistake. I drove into the basin on top of the ridgeline to spot. And then the horror started. 

I spotted two enemies near the track - which motivated our guy to just suicide into them. Dead.

I spotted three tanks on the campers lane and was ready to detrack their heavy. But noone shot them. When I watched the map again, all the morons were falling back. Two of them even went all the way back to climb the hill, only to get killed at the traintracks.

I was alone and wanted to fall back, too, but I got shot and had to hide in my hole again. Then their AMX yoloed and oneclipped me while our toptier meds were hiding behind me. And I wasn't even mad that I got killed. I probably would have yoloed in the next minute anyway.

The match ended 3:15. 

The saddest part: We had a few botplayers, but apart from those, the rest of the team was average. 

Can't compute.

Tier10 yo

Humans yo

Mike_Mckay #12 Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18733 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 08 October 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

Haha yeah, forgot about one like that

tier 4 Chinese TD, got 8 kills and it was down to me and a matilda who started to cap, there was a building in our cap so I "assumed" he would be hiding behind that to help with completing it as I would have had to drive right up next to him so I raced from near their cap across the map, came out of the town only to find him sitting right out in the open and he out DPM'd me

Matcorr #13 Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22746 battles
Every game from AT-8 to Tortoise, 20km/h tanks have no business in this game.

Mike_Mckay #14 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18733 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostMatcorr, on 08 October 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Every game from AT-8 to Tortoise, 20km/h tanks have no business in this game.

I am sure if you give it time WG will give them a much needed "buff" to 20.025 KMPH and nerf their DPM and armour by 20% for "balance" :)

JCTagger #15 Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13118 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Not sure if this is the thread for this, but the "Stupidest thing you've seen/heard" thread seems to have been moderated away...

Today (day off work, so playing in the middle of the day, UK time - this could be my mistake!), I have learned a new thing...

The T-67 is not, in fact, the murderously OP mid-tier Tank Destroyer I thought it was, Oh no...

It's now morphed into a YOLO scout...

On Siegfried Line (twice) and again on (I think) Tundra...

At least it was on the other team, cos they all met the usual fate of the YOLO scout, one at my own hands...

Excavatus #16 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18897 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Me in my little maus!

In the mountain pass.. south spawn..

tier 10 game.. no arty..

I told team, I am so slow to make the pass to the left so I am going to hold the bridge..

I go to bridge.. trying to position myself behind the small rock..

I manage to flip the mauschen, my bottom faced towards the bridge..

That deathstar and grille had so much fun...

I probably made 14 people to facepalm!

uglycousin #17 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostMike_Mckay, on 08 October 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

Ever had a game that makes you want to face butt the desk?

Every game where I decide during the countdown to make a "high risk - high reward play" and it doesn't work out. 

WindSpIitter1 #18 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 277 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

IS-5 game where I managed to be full HP in a good position against 6+ tanks most of which t6 except for an IS-3. Managed to get stuck in a hulldown fight with the 2-shot IS-3, which with the IS-5 gun being absolute trash isn't suited for and he just started magically penning my mantlet taking away all the HP I had to take a risk. Meanwhile the enemy team just swarmed and flanked me because it took too long and even though the 4 tanks in front of me stopped huting me, they tracked me and the easy 8 behind me had no issues finishing me off. 

I've had numerous kolobanovs opportunities like that and most of them have slipped through my hands. 

Igor_BL #19 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37459 battles
8100 dmg, 4kills and 1000+ assisted on Steppes in obj140.
Leading the charge from the start.
But team found a way to lose that.

That was my 2nd mark game, and didnt play 140 a lot after that game.

Strappster #20 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Not face-butting (because that would hurt) but the other day I had a run of battles with teams that you think must have all bought their accounts earlier that evening and I ran out of inventive ways to swear at them. It was as though I was struck speechless through their inability to carry me effectively. I ended up typing, in all seriousness, "a;klhdfsgap;ug I HOPE YOU ALL GET SOCKS FOR CHRISTMAS :angry:" as it was the worst curse I could think of. When you've reached that point, it's definitely time to take a break.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users