[Suggestion] - MrConway be our messenger.

questions devs answers

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Beltalowda #1 Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60215 battles

I keep hearing about how it is important for WG to understand what the players think and how they feel about the current changes, also that the feedback is really important to them.

The communication between devs and us is lacking to say the least. Yes, I am sure there are some websites which have some access to the guys in Minsk and can ask a question or two, but should not The Forum be The Place for us players to ask questions and more importantly to get some answers ?

MrConway, in one of your discussions with WunderWurst you mentioned that you are compiling a report for WG, not sure if on daily or weekly basis but you do anyway.

What if you would include the most popular questions in a designated Topic and gave us the answers sent back to you ?

A lot of players including my self feel more sceptical then optimistic about the current changes and the future of WoT. And I think, that one of the main problems is a lack of communication. Let it be clear from WarGaming side ! There is a plenty questions asked but yet no one is willing to provide the answers. This is a bit of a one sided relationship and if devs truly mean that stuff about how we feel and what we think about the game, would not it be fair enough to give us some answers every week ?

Let's see what's gonna happen.

Thank you,

with regards TrewSx.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24388 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Mr Conway always passes on our thoughts at 4.34 pm on a Friday to the devs , who in return leave the office at 4.40pm to head off down the boozer

HeidenSieker #3 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostTrewSx, on 08 October 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

I keep hearing about how it is important for WG to understand what the players think and how they feel about the current changes, also that the feedback is really important to them.

The communication between devs and us is lacking to say the least. Yes, I am sure there are some websites which have some access to the guys in Minsk and can ask a question or two, but should not The Forum be The Place for us players to ask questions and more importantly to get some answers ?

MrConway, in one of your discussions with WunderWurst you mentioned that you are compiling a report for WG, not sure if on daily or weekly basis but you do anyway.

What if you would include the most popular questions in a designated Topic and gave us the answers sent back to you ?

A lot of players including my self feel more sceptical then optimistic about the current changes and the future of WoT. And I think, that one of the main problems is a lack of communication. Let it be clear from WarGaming side ! There is a plenty questions asked but yet no one is willing to provide the answers. This is a bit of a one sided relationship and if devs truly mean that stuff about how we feel and what we think about the game, would not it be fair enough to give us some answers every week ?

Let's see what's gonna happen.

Thank you,

with regards TrewSx.

Unsure. WG, you see, have access to all sorts of stats and feedback unknown, questions from these forums being a small part of that, and dubious at best, since so few players, and a select set ("forumites" ) by definition comment here. They have to tailor the game to maintain the biggest clientele, very preferably a paying clientele. We may well be sceptical, or optimistic. However, "discussions" with this sector of the WoT clientele might be unbalanced. We get answers from WG in the form of patch notes.

Edited by HeidenSieker, 08 October 2017 - 07:24 PM.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Or we could simply start a thread where we post all our suggestions. And once every few days the comguys could come and tell us what they think. Wouldn't that be awesome? I bet they would totally do that, even though their workdays must be filled with lots and lots of hard work already...

Aikl #5 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Lack of communication is indeed a problem, but seems to be something that the staff isn't supposed to comment on. It makes WG appear incompetent, but that's probably part of the bigger picture and the hard job - just like balancing tanks are. That's what Ph3lan told us, so I'd go by that. :)

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #6 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21317 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Dear TrewSx,

A grand idea, however doesn't the messenger always get shot!

I fear any good ideas fall on deaf ears, even if you had a bullet proof messenger.:(

Regards 

Tommy.

Sfinski #7 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30928 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Pretty sure the communication is onesided between Conway and Devs too. Conway tells them what we think. They tell Conway what has been decided to come out in the next 1 or 2 patches. Not much more really. Like the devs would ask through Conway what the playerbase thinks of something...  Only thing they trust is their precious numbers they collect and make crappy decisions based on them. 

qpranger #8 Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31449 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
If WG cared about what we think, they would know and react. They don't. They have grown too fat.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSfinski, on 08 October 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

Pretty sure the communication is onesided between Conway and Devs too.

I doubt that those magical notes the comguys forge in their secret office go directly to the devs. They most definitely end up somewhere in the RU community guys' office.

Da da, all gud in cow server.

Derethim #10 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17127 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 08 October 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

Or we could simply start a thread where we post all our suggestions. And once every few days the comguys could come and tell us what they think. Wouldn't that be awesome? I bet they would totally do that, even though their workdays must be filled with lots and lots of hard work already...

There used to be a "suggestions" section, don't know what happened to it. Probably was full of crap.

View PostAikl, on 08 October 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Lack of communication is indeed a problem, but seems to be something that the staff isn't supposed to comment on. It makes WG appear incompetent, but that's probably part of the bigger picture and the hard job - just like balancing tanks are. That's what Ph3lan told us, so I'd go by that. :)

True, if they communicated with the forums, there'd also be less "retarded posts" methinks.

Edited by Derethim, 08 October 2017 - 11:42 PM.

Beltalowda #11 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60215 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 08 October 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Unsure. WG, you see, have access to all sorts of stats and feedback unknown, questions from these forums being a small part of that, and dubious at best, since so few players, and a select set ("forumites" ) by definition comment here. They have to tailor the game to maintain the biggest clientele, very preferably a paying clientele. We may well be sceptical, or optimistic. However, "discussions" with this sector of the WoT clientele might be unbalanced. We get answers from WG in the form of patch notes.

People visiting this forum might be a minority of the player base, but still it does not hurt to ask a question and get an answer to it.

View PostJigabachi, on 08 October 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

That is what I had in mind, a thread where we can ask questions and possibly by amount of likes these questions could be sent to Minsk.

View PostAikl, on 08 October 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

I am sure we all could find something what we would like to ask and it would not violate any information embargo WG might have.

View PostTommy_Atkins_Teapot, on 08 October 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Dear TrewSx,

A grand idea, however doesn't the messenger always get shot!

I fear any good ideas fall on deaf ears, even if you had a bullet proof messenger.:(

Regards 

Tommy.

Don't shoot the messenger.

View PostSfinski, on 08 October 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Pretty sure the communication is onesided between Conway and Devs too. Conway tells them what we think. They tell Conway what has been decided to come out in the next 1 or 2 patches. Not much more really. Like the devs would ask through Conway what the playerbase thinks of something...  Only thing they trust is their precious numbers they collect and make crappy decisions based on them. 

They keep saying that they want to know how we feel and what we think about upcoming changes, it's in every dev's video on youtube at the end.

I don't follow any websites the only information I am getting is either here from this forum or from the patch notes. It would be nice to know what for example they want to do with this line or how do you plan to make these two tanks different in advance. Or just explain me some stuff, I am not giving them ideas how to run their game I just don't want to be kept in dark like we are pretty much now.  

I don't think I am asking that much, answering 3-4 question does not really take a half day, does it ?

ID_100 #12 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25740 battles
  • [IMAGE] IMAGE

Jigabachi #13 Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTrewSx, on 08 October 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

That is what I had in mind, a thread where we can ask questions and possibly by amount of likes these questions could be sent to Minsk.

We already have that pinned in this subforum. Over 10 pages long. But no comguy nor mod ever bothered to comment.

Beltalowda #14 Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60215 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 08 October 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

We already have that pinned in this subforum. Over 10 pages long. But no comguy nor mod ever bothered to comment.

My bad then, I will rephrase it. I don't have suggestions how to improve the game, but I do have questions regarding this game. And it would be nice to know every once in a while that there is a life in WarGaming and that we can have some level of communication with each other.

Aikl #15 Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDerethim, on 08 October 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

(...)

True, if they communicated with the forums, there'd also be less "retarted posts" methinks.

It was meant a bit jokingly. Some of the major fudgeups of balancing has been attributed to 'balancing being a very hard task'. It undeniably is really hard, but doesn't quite cover fudgeups like the Defender, superbuff-Maus and the introduction of Japanese superheavy-derpers.

However, almost every post I make that mentions "WG appears to be incompetent idiots because you don't say anything" seems to ignore that. The closest I've come is that WG can't say stuff because players would think they're lying, thieving, sonsofbitches whenever they fail to meet a deadline or change something. They get that confirmed when they leak HD map stuff and fail to deliver it for months despite looking quite ready, or even testing things on the public test (FV4202). An 'open dialogue' on those topics would help a lot. Like "we think FV4202 will be OP and are going to test it" or "HD maps takes time, currently we're more delayed because Ivan spilled coffee onto the dev server hamsters".

Devs are apparently too busy to share information anyway, which I get, and apparently having a PR team is not an option. Not that I'd expect it either. WG EU can't even expect the news on time (though it's mostly in time, even if it's bloody late). :D

Note that yours truly do not think WG staff or CEO are "incompetent idiots" or "lying, thieving, sonsofbitches", but that they do a very good job at keeping that appearance up. There's a difference between 'I think he should get shot' and 'I am going to shoot him'. This is, as always, meant as good advice, but it is somewhat hard to lay off the passive-aggressiveness when the lack of feedback on the topic is THIS OBVIOUS.)

Edited by Aikl, 08 October 2017 - 10:20 PM.

HeidenSieker #16 Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostDerethim, on 08 October 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

There used to be a "suggestions" section, don't know what happened to it.

What, like the current (pinned) "WoT Suggestions Thread" ?

IncandescentGerbil #17 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles
Mr Conway has no power at all in a game shaping sense. This forum is entirely impotent. It can be a fun place to hang out for a while, but that's it.
The suggestions thread is the biggest joke of all.

Edited by IncandescentGerbil, 08 October 2017 - 11:40 PM.

qpranger #18 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31449 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I bet WG would listen if we asked to buff the Defender

Dragonlordcv #19 Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23970 battles
First and final comment.... Do they play their game?....No!.... The end......

Derethim #20 Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17127 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 08 October 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

What, like the current (pinned) "WoT Suggestions Thread" ?

Nope, an entire forum section was dedicated to suggestions.

View PostDragonlordcv, on 09 October 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

First and final comment.... Do they play their game?....No!.... The end......

They do actually. Would you play the game, that makes you money? :P

Also tagged with questions, devs, answers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users