I demand compensation :-)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

TankkiPoju #21 Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21997 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Meh, pretty normal 60-65% winrate for me.

Tbh I have never noticed any difference between weekend or weekdays. People just naturally think "winning = I am so good" and "losing = the team sucked".

Bora_BOOM #22 Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25519 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostTankkiPoju, on 09 October 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

Meh, pretty normal 60-65% winrate for me.

Tbh I have never noticed any difference between weekend or weekdays. People just naturally think "winning = I am so good" and "losing = the team sucked".

I had 56% WR recents with pretty much worse personal contribution some 5 moths ago.

Since then my WN8 went up 25% but recent WR dropped 6%.

So, I was gifted with 6% WR then, I get 6% less now.

Is it the luck (or lack of it), WN8 being rubish (probably too), me doing something wrong, or something else - but this is quite of a difference. 12% WR wide margin in my case.

That all got me to a point of asking WTH am I doing and what is the point of chasing those numbers if such changes are possible. I honestly feel like I am doing better but numbers don’t confirm. But I don’t get upset any more cause of it - the second best thing (after uninstalling XVM) for improving the gaming experience.

That’s why I have made this silly thread - for the people that have "stats curtain" in front of their eyes: don’t always believe the numbers, just do maximum effort and enjoy the game. Numbers will eventually follow if one really cares...

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 09 October 2017 - 12:30 PM.

Kozzy #23 Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 39929 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostTankkiPoju, on 09 October 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

...Tbh I have never noticed any difference between weekend or weekdays. People just naturally think "winning = I am so good" and "losing = the team sucked".

Some people, usually those who seem to demonstrate qualities a simpleton might, fail to realise that if the player base gets worse at any point (i.e. during the weekends) then your chance to win goes up! 

Also, yeah players seem to think it is their right to win (or be carried to a win) and if they lose it is never their fault.

Bora_BOOM #24 Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25519 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostKozzy, on 09 October 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Some people, usually those who seem to demonstrate qualities a simpleton might, fail to realise that if the player base gets worse at any point (i.e. during the weekends) then your chance to win goes up! 

Also, yeah players seem to think it is their right to win (or be carried to a win) and if they lose it is never their fault.

Well... I would not agree. "Worse team" applies for your team and for the enemy team. That means you can do better against the "bad" enemy, but at the same you cant rely on your own team.

What should happen is that you remain pretty much at the same level of WR. Which seams to be the case with Tanki, and the majority of all good players...

But damn, playing with, and against, bad teams is noticeably different kind of "enjoyment" ...

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 09 October 2017 - 12:41 PM.

SaintMaddenus #25 Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 36606 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I found not adapting to the Updates causes me to wobble a bit.

It a long while for me to get used to Autoloaders.  Has your favourite target suddenly been buffed, did they take way that soft hatch on the KV1 that you knew was a soft spot and replace it with a solid wall of metal (though the hatch still shows)  did the ears of the T29 fall off so you can't kill the thing?  The AT2 & AT7 "Turret" is now much harder to pen.

that kind of thing...

Just play arty  that way you don't even need to aim......

(the last bit is for Troll effect)

Asklepi0s #26 Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

• 9268 battles

Nice try indeed !

Thread is closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users