• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

undutchable80 #1 Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I need some advice from you guys who already play T8-10. As you can see below I am headed to those tiers, but with a newborn at home my gametime has diminished quite a bit, and so I have less time to grind the necessary large XP & credits requirements for those tiers. So I am wondering which tanks / lines are worth my limited time.

Posted Image

SPG: Only really play them for personal missions (even though I occasionally enjoy the M44 clickfest), and am considering stopping at the M53/M55
LT: Was and is my prime line I started off with, and so will continue on till T10
MT: Enjoying this line quite a bit, even though I am having a tough time with the T20, but I hear (read) good things about the Pattons, so will continue that line till T10. T69 and T54E1 any good / worth it, or just go Pattons and be done with it?
HT: Enjoying this line quite a bit too. Loving the T29! But hear (read) some not so good things about the T8-10 HTs, so I am wondering if I should stop at the T29 and switch nations for T8-10 HT?
TD: Playing this line also mainly for missions, but I cant seem to make it work for me. Maybe I am just too impatient to camp all game lol. So after the Jackson / Hellcat, which line (turret / no turret) or individual TDs are worth grinding? Or should I just stick with those two and go another nation for TDs? (Again, personal missions primarily.)

Of course it is all up to personal play and feel, but I am quite interested in y’alls experience playing (against) the T8-10 US tanks…

Thanks

PS I want to finish the US lines before switching to another nation, unless I can stop a certain line and start it somewhere else now of course. :-p

Browarszky #2 Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15980 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
All I can say is that's a nice presentation. But if you do get some answers I'd be interested to see them too.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37343 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postundutchable80, on 09 October 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I need some advice from you guys who already play T8-10. As you can see below I am headed to those tiers, but with a newborn at home my gametime has diminished quite a bit, and so I have less time to grind the necessary large XP & credits requirements for those tiers. So I am wondering which tanks / lines are worth my limited time.

Posted Image

SPG: Only really play them for personal missions (even though I occasionally enjoy the M44 clickfest), and am considering stopping at the M53/M55
LT: Was and is my prime line I started off with, and so will continue on till T10
MT: Enjoying this line quite a bit, even though I am having a tough time with the T20, but I hear (read) good things about the Pattons, so will continue that line till T10. T69 and T54E1 any good / worth it, or just go Pattons and be done with it?
HT: Enjoying this line quite a bit too. Loving the T29! But hear (read) some not so good things about the T8-10 HTs, so I am wondering if I should stop at the T29 and switch nations for T8-10 HT?
TD: Playing this line also mainly for missions, but I cant seem to make it work for me. Maybe I am just too impatient to camp all game lol. So after the Jackson / Hellcat, which line (turret / no turret) or individual TDs are worth grinding? Or should I just stick with those two and go another nation for TDs? (Again, personal missions primarily.)

Of course it is all up to personal play and feel, but I am quite interested in y’alls experience playing (against) the T8-10 US tanks…

Thanks

PS I want to finish the US lines before switching to another nation, unless I can stop a certain line and start it somewhere else now of course. :-p

My advice to you sir would be to try them & decide for yourself - after all, yours is the only opinion that matters:)

Junglist_ #4 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35931 battles
T69/ T54E1/ T32 /M103/ T11E05 not worth it in their current state IMO. Far superior alternatives in other nations. Pattons are great tho. 

CoDiGGo #5 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14873 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR
For you E4 line, heavies till M103 and M48 is new cool tank. You not experienced enought to play high tiers lights.

undutchable80 #6 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 09 October 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

My advice to you sir would be to try them & decide for yourself - after all, yours is the only opinion that matters:)

Yeah I know I could do that but I dont want to grind the T57 Heavy for instance if the ultimate prize is not worth it or the grind to it. Just interested in your thoughts having played (against) these T8-10.

And I know I am not good. And possibly never will but that is not stopping me improving my game one small step at a time and still reach TotT. ;-) 

Junglist_ #7 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35931 battles
You can always check out YouTube reviews of the tanks you're after or try any tank in the game on test server (which is currently online afaik and available for everyone) and even tho the environment there doesn't really reflect the live server at least you can get the general feel of the tank and decide whether they're worth it or not.

Browarszky #8 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15980 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostJunglist_, on 09 October 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

You can always check out YouTube reviews of the tanks you're after or try any tank in the game on test server (which is currently online afaik and available for everyone) and even tho the environment there doesn't really reflect the live server at least you can get the general feel of the tank and decide whether they're worth it or not.

An important caveat about those reviews. They are often posted by very experienced (and skilled) players who, while pointing out the relative flaws and merits of these tanks, still may easily clock in amazing battle results with clearly inferior tanks. So you have to listen carefully what they are actually saying.

Edited by Browarszky, 09 October 2017 - 10:49 PM.

_b_ #9 Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54991 battles

All are fun! Period. 

BUT....if you are overly anxious about what the d1ckw4ds using xvm think...not all as to be recommended.

It's a game...and if you can ignore some broken and / or $hitty imbalanced vehicles...all can be fun enough to play to defend spending the time to press battle and all that.

tl:dr ignore epenis play all..or statpad skipping some..

HundeWurst #10 Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

I am only going to name tanks/arty which are fun to play (for me at least and worth keeping):

Arty: M40, M53, T92

Medium: Pershing, Patton M46, Patton M48,

Heavy: T57Heavy, T110E5

Light: T49, Sheridan

TD: E4, E3

Cult1st #11 Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12253 battles

As you said, you are facing limited time to play, so a bit of focus will help immensely of you want to keep climbing the tech tree. 

First a caveat: I've not reached tier ten myself, so all of this comes from my own research into US lines, including friends I have who are much better at this game than me. :)

A couple of lines I'd recommend waiting with:

The US heavies. T29 is an awesome tank, but the T8-T10s are in a pretty bad spot atm. Wait with them until they've received some buffs. Will probably be a while before that happens. 

The T69 and T54E1 they just aren't good at the minute, but the T57 Heavy is really good. I'd wait with this line too. No point making your first T8 to T10 line a painful one. 

With that out the way, I'd consider looking at the Patton line or the T110E4 line. From here it strongly comes directly to your preferences. The patton line has some great tanks ahead, but medium tanks are generally harder to play. If you feel you've enjoyed playing medium tanks more than heavies then I'd recommend this line too you. If not, then I'd look at the T110E4 line. The tanks in that line become much more like heavy tanks than traditional TDs (and they are currently preferably to the T110E5 line). The T28 Prot is not great, but the to gun once unlocked is fantastic. The T30 is a good hulldown heavy tank, but with a mean mean gun (750 dmg). The T110E4 isn't the best tier ten tank, but it's not bad, and it's penetration is high enough to just ignore the armour on most things. It's not a bad 'starter tier ten'

The E3 line is also pretty okay and is more focused on armour (but looses the turret) compared to E4 line. It has an amazing tier 9 tank, but it's generally harder to play than the E4 line and I think you will enjoy the E4 more. 

Best of wishes in your tanking future :)

callum347 #12 Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42444 battles
  • [WAAT] WAAT

View Postundutchable80, on 09 October 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Hey guys,

Posted Image

Thanks

Test server is up, try them there

undutchable80 #13 Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thanks for all your thoughts and insights guys. LT and Patton line it is for now then. And T110E4 and arty with just daily doubles (my apologies to all arty haters lol).

Will also check out this test cliënt thing. Thanks again

Edit: Oh and for those of you that think I am rushing up the tree too fast: dont worry, with my limited gametime and skills it will be awhile before I join you at TotT. Plus I enjoy playing and learning at T5-6(-7) a lot. ;-) 

Edited by undutchable80, 10 October 2017 - 06:53 AM.

tumppi776 #14 Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 41374 battles
  • [GG_EZ] GG_EZ

T110E5 line is keepers from T7 and up. Great and fun line. Recommend.

Pedro79 #15 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28432 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 09 October 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hey guys,

If you like the T29 u would love the T30. Yes i know 1 of them a Heavy tank and the other one is a TD but still very similar tanks. Paper hull and really good turret. 

T30 became my favourite tank i even two marked it. It is my first two marked tank ever.

ogremage #16 Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32848 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Use test server and play them!

dennez #17 Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16822 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postundutchable80, on 09 October 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

LT: US LT line is pretty great, but imo. only up to the current T8 (tier 5, 6 and 7 are awesome).. So nah.. Unless you're looking for a gimmick tank such as the T49 with the derp. The Tier X Sheridan is a rare as a 15 year old American girl without atleast 2 kids

MT: Both Pattons are great and the M48 is the current tier X FOTM med. The T54E1/T57Heavy is a great autoloader line. Both lines have completely different playstyles and both are good/great. So i'd go for both.

T20 used to be my all time fav. tier 7 med (not that hard, they;re all pretty meh), but, together with the other t7 meds, it's completely outclassed by the tier 7 lights.

Edited by dennez, 10 October 2017 - 09:57 AM.

Captain_Kremen0 #18 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36801 battles

M12 is supposed to be awful after the M44 but I seem to do ok ish. reload is continental drift though.

How far up the LT line are you? T71 and bulldog are very good. I personally didn't like the T49 and haven't played it since the change. Others laud it from on high though.

T20 is where i'm up to as well and also finding it hard.

T29 I have kept - I look at T32 and think meh.

Not played the TDs in yonks.

2c I will never see again.

dennez #19 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16822 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
T20 tip.. Shoot LOTS of APCR.. It's godlike with APCR. And make use of the great camo/gundepression. Stay away from the first line. Peek, shewt and relocate. t has very good alpha and pretty good gun handling.

arthurwellsley #20 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51268 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

As you say that you like and enjoy the T29, and most forumites agree that T32 and M103 are not in a good place perhaps consider a different nation?

Consider tanks that play like the T29. At tier VIII the Swedish Emil heavy tank is similar if not better than the T29 and T32. The Emil II at tier IX is better than the M103. Some would say that the tier X kranvagn is better than the T57. This heavy line is auto loaders and they are a bit different and special, so maybe try non-autoloaders

Another option would be USSR (and perhaps the strongest option). The early heavies are decent KV series, if you went to KV3, KV4, STI you get a tier IX with a stronger turret than the M103. Or the other line is IS3, T10, IS7 also strong turret tanks, that hull down rather well.

Lastly UK. This is not a line to recommend at the present moment as the grind is lacklustre. However the next patch sees the tanks buffed. Caenarvon is somewhat underpowered at the moment, but looks much stronger on the test servers. The tier IX Conqueror has always been like a T29 on steriods. Excellent gun, decent turret, and rubbish hull.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users