"Necro'd" threads.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

HeidenSieker #1 Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

Having apparently annoyed some shirty twits recently with an unintended "necro", I have a question about viewing updated threads and their updated status.

I tend to mark forums read, so then, after a while, when some threads  have been updated, they appear with their titles in bold, so I can easily see them/respond to them.

All well and good, but sometimes an "old" thread appears as updated, although there is no new post at the end, and it's then easy of course to respond to it without reading the send-date of the last post.

Looking at the "SPGs Discussion forum", for instance, there's a post last updated by Orkbert, on the 12th. of August. However, even after having previously marked it read, it appears in bold.

Why does this happen? Is it because it's a poll and someone's voted, or because someone's edited a post in it, or what?

Homer_J #2 Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28351 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 09 October 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Looking at the "SPGs Discussion forum", for instance, there's a post last updated by Orkbert, on the 12th. of August. However, even after having previously marked it read, it appears in bold.

It has probably been moderated.

Spambots seem to like replying to ancient threads, the mods remove the offending post but it still jumps up the list.

K_A #3 Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 09 October 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

It has probably been moderated.

Spambots seem to like replying to ancient threads, the mods remove the offending post but it still jumps up the list.

Votes on the poll also make that happen. The thread shows as it has new posts when in fact all that's happened is the poll has been updates since you last saw it. Kinda dumb in my opinion but I didn't make the forum...y opinion

HeidenSieker #4 Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles
Thanks for the answers. Dashed nuisance, really, but maybe there is purpose..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users