The sad true about "competitive" WOT experience

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

m3hm3d #1 Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23001 battles

I was looking for a clan and asked my few friends about their clans ( not good one ).

Since I do not play in clan wars since I left 1PAD clan I have no idea what's going on there.

So they told me to join a clan and play there you require to have :

- cheats / hacks 

Is it the only game where clans officially asking members to download forbidden "mods"? How it is even possible this game have 0 anty cheat ?

OF course we have fair policy - nobody care about it as you can join ranked games  and notice aimbotters at every corner...

It is shocking for me. It has 0 to do with competitive game. No wonder this game loosing players every day. Playing long day session you start meeting same nick names...

unrealname #2 Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22395 battles

a game cant be competitive with +/- 25% rng, end of the story.

anyway good trolling attempt 

Joggaman #3 Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23968 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postm3hm3d, on 10 October 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

I was looking for a clan and asked my few friends about their clans ( not good one ).

Since I do not play in clan wars since I left 1PAD clan I have no idea what's going on there.

- cheats / hacks 

Is it the only game where clans officially asking members to download forbidden "mods"? How it is even possible this game have 0 anty cheat ?

OF course we have fair policy - nobody care about it as you can join ranked games  and notice aimbotters at every corner...

It is shocking for me. It has 0 to do with competitive game. No wonder this game loosing players every day. Playing long day session you start meeting same nick names...

:facepalm:

First of all you should lose your few friends.

Secondly, the rest is bullcrap

brumbarr #4 Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
Weird , i have been in some clans, some pretty good ones and they never required that. Infact if they would find out you run anything remotly illegal you would be kicked immediatly.

HeidenSieker #5 Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

"I was looking for a clan and asked my few friends about their clans ( not good one )"

WHAT?

Oh, clans. As you were.

I'd be careful about "online friends" IIWY, they may not be quite "right".

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29181 battles

View Postm3hm3d, on 09 October 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

- cheats / hacks 

Uh-oh, someone tried getting into a clan and got rejected. You need a hug bro?

Strappster #7 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

General

• Player
  • 23971 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postm3hm3d, on 09 October 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

- cheats / hacks 

Sorry, I'm a bit slow this early in the morning. Could you clarify whether you think there are cheats in the game because your friends told you about the need to use them if you want to be in a clan or if it's because you've regularly seen aimbot users in ranked battles, which somehow no one else has managed to notice? I'm betting you don't have replays of these ranked battles because reasons, right?

DracheimFlug #8 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostBond90, on 09 October 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

Yes, of course. In baseball, basketball, soccer, football, etc, the players know exactly where the ball will go when they hit it or throw it, and have complete control of all factors involved. This is necessary for such games to be competitive..... 

jack_timber #9 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles
Hmm someone telling porky pies?

jabster #10 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDracheimFlug, on 10 October 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

Yes, of course. In baseball, basketball, soccer, football, etc, the players know exactly where the ball will go when they hit it or throw it, and have complete control of all factors involved. This is necessary for such games to be competitive..... 

I’ve never really understood the e-sports can’t have an RNG and be competitive mantra. Besides the football analogy there are also lots of games that are played competitively which have a level of randomness at their core. I’ve started playing backgammon again and part of the skill is managing your own risk, so is backgammon somehow non-competitive?

HundeWurst #11 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69911 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View Postjabster, on 10 October 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

I’ve never really understood the e-sports can’t have an RNG and be competitive mantra. Besides the football analogy there are also lots of games that are played competitively which have a level of randomness at their core. I’ve started playing backgammon again and part of the skill is managing your own risk, so is backgammon somehow non-competitive?

Well there will always be luck (RNG) in about anything there is. Its part of the world, no matter how skilled someone is in something, there will always be the element of luck present. However WoT brings that to a next level.

Going back to football: The more skilled a player might be the higher his chance to hit the ball the way he needs to hit it to score a goal as an example.

WoT? Well you now roll a dice whether you hit, you penetrate and then again for how much damage (we also leave all the module damage out of this for now). The RNG is way to much than to ever consider WoT as a proper "E-sports" game.

Kozzy #12 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postjabster, on 10 October 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

It's not the RNG per se, I think it's the sheer amount of it that is the problem.  A 50% swing on penetration/dmg?  Too many clever actions can be countered by luck.  Yes, yes this goes both ways but that is not the point.

brumbarr #13 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 10 October 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

Well there will always be luck (RNG) in about anything there is. Its part of the world, no matter how skilled someone is in something, there will always be the element of luck present. However WoT brings that to a next level.

Going back to football: The more skilled a player might be the higher his chance to hit the ball the way he needs to hit it to score a goal as an example.

WoT? Well you now roll a dice whether you hit, you penetrate and then again for how much damage (we also leave all the module damage out of this for now). The RNG is way to much than to ever consider WoT as a proper "E-sports" game.

I disagree, much as in footbal, a skilled player will aim at the right spot at the right time to maximise his chance of doing dmg. 

Even more, he will know the perfect amount he needs to aim in to maximise risk/reward. 

There is way, way more rng in a footbaltournament than wot esl.  In esl you play several games so rng has a minimal impact on the outcome, which is  why the last 4 years the same 2 teams have been dominating. Unlike in footbal where someone else wins the champions league every year.

I would even go so far as saying rng makes wot esports better, it allows for teams to take risks and be more aggresive, with minimal rng this isnt possible.

There is massive rng in a lot of popular games, poker, any card game really, LoL, hearthstone etc.

shishx_the_animal #14 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 31059 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
@OP, I can invite you to FAME and then kick you out immediately for spewing such bullcrap on the forums.

Edited by shishx_the_animal, 10 October 2017 - 08:28 AM.

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22172 battles

He was referring to the clan called A-B-C or Aim Bot Clan, good bunch of guys, give them a try you won't believe the kind of shots they manage to pull off.

:teethhappy:

Homer_J #16 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I was talking to this guy down the pub about playing professional football and he said you have to have bionic legs.  No word of a lie.  Sad.

jabster #17 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostKozzy, on 10 October 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

It's not the RNG per se, I think it's the sheer amount of it that is the problem.  A 50% swing on penetration/dmg?  Too many clever actions can be countered by luck.  Yes, yes this goes both ways but that is not the point.

Well yes there is a +/-25% but that’s not a uniform distribution so most RNG is clustered around the average. More importantly the forum consensus seems to be that it’s tactically awareness that wins games not being able to aim well so just how much of an difference does the RNG make to the outcome of a battle. If the mantra of spamming premium ammo doesn’t make that much difference is true then where’s the real issue with the RNG.

I dunno, maybe it’s a generational or background issue. I grow-up playing board games and then wargames and RPGs. RNG is pretty much at the core of these games so maybe that’s why I don’t have a problem with it?

DracheimFlug #18 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View Postjabster, on 10 October 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Well yes there is a +/-25% but that’s not a uniform distribution so most RNG is clustered around the average. More importantly the forum consensus seems to be that it’s tactically awareness that wins games not being able to aim well so just how much of an difference does the RNG make to the outcome of a battle. If the mantra of spamming premium ammo doesn’t make that much difference is true then where’s the real issue with the RNG.

I dunno, maybe it’s a generational or background issue. I grow-up playing board games and then wargames and RPGs. RNG is pretty much at the core of these games so maybe that’s why I don’t have a problem with it?

More it is this theory that because you can aim perfectly (since it is a digital game) that therefore you should hit perfectly, despite the fact than in the reality it (at least vaguely) simulates, you cannot normally aim digitally with these tanks.

You do make a good point about the generation gap though. 

Edited by DracheimFlug, 10 October 2017 - 08:50 AM.

shishx_the_animal #19 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 31059 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View Postjabster, on 10 October 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Edited.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 11 October 2017 - 11:38 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

commer #20 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

View PostBond90, on 09 October 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

Actually this reflects real life conflict. German WW1 Army actually introduced dice games to their officers since they needed to realize not everything goes acording to plan in the games. Read about Moltke. I think he would approve of RNG. Same for sports. Seriously I was a competitive Downhiller and Snowboarder and RNG happens. Your tires blow - you loose the race, you lose traction where others dont - you loose the race, the track gets worn out because you started later and you have to adjust your lines etc etc. 

I think some players here play other games too much and assume everything should have laser accuracy and always go along to the plan. While it would make for a less frustrating game it would also be way more predictable and maybe boring. 

Edited by commer, 10 October 2017 - 08:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users