Jump to content


a message from a light tank player


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

_snowfIake__ #1 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26477 battles
  • 614
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

Dear WoT Players,

 

Light tanks spot (or should), that is their job. It is not their job to do your thinking for you. It is up to YOU to decide if you should shoot what is spotted or go elsewhere to help your team.

 

Do not tunnel-vision!

 

Kind Regards

 

Light Tank Player



gav00 #2 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7208 battles
  • 468
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013
If half the scouts in game could stay alive long enough for the team to get shots in, that would also be wonderful kthnx

ZlatanArKung #3 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:46 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Message to light tank players:
The optimal light tank playing is not: Running as fast as possible into enemy tanks and die within 0,5-1 minute, nor is it to sit still in a bush for 10 minutes hoping enemy will show up.

Snake_Keeper #4 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8407 battles
  • 686
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

Sadly, a lot of the time I find myself doing thinking about light tanks. Yesterday a full health Amx 12t, that was behind a enemy T-34-85M just let it sneak up on my Wolverine, and kill me while I was busy finishing off a O-I. When I ask quite so kindly what on earth, guy says he is a LT, implying a LT cannot shoot a enemy medium in the rear..then adds "you are a TD!". Guy just ran away to kill a tier 4 light while he had prime opportunity to kill a enemy medium that was going off to kill a teammate.

 

The other day I got similar reasoning for a LT not firing at a TD they had spotted...apparently LTs do not fire, while it was quite apparent that TD was alone, and was winning against me in my Pz. IV. S.



Spurtung #5 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:57 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,538
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostSnake_Keeper, on 10 October 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Sadly, a lot of the time I find myself doing thinking about light tanks. Yesterday a full health Amx 12t, that was behind a enemy T-34-85M just let it sneak up on my Wolverine, and kill me while I was busy finishing off a O-I. When I ask quite so kindly what on earth, guy says he is a LT, implying a LT cannot shoot a enemy medium in the rear..then adds "you are a TD!". Guy just ran away to kill a tier 4 light while he had prime opportunity to kill a enemy medium that was going off to kill a teammate.

 

The other day I got similar reasoning for a LT not firing at a TD they had spotted...apparently LTs do not fire, while it was quite apparent that TD was alone, and was winning against me in my Pz. IV. S.

 

Reading this I get the idea you seem to think your team's job is to keep you out of trouble.

Snake_Keeper #6 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8407 battles
  • 686
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View PostSpurtung, on 10 October 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

 

Reading this I get the idea you seem to think your team's job is to keep you out of trouble.

 

The idea is to participate in teamwork. This is a team game, you know. Not a 1v1 roulette with 15 players per team doing it.

But sure, keep farming your damage, and increasing your survival rate while doing nothing to help teammates in a team game, then go and make remarks at people implying they need their team to play their game for them.



dennez #7 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16745 battles
  • 4,755
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013
Thanks! You put things in a whole new perspective for me. Much appreciated!

Spurtung #8 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,538
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostSnake_Keeper, on 10 October 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

 

The idea is to participate in teamwork. This is a team game, you know. Not a 1v1 roulette with 15 players per team doing it.

But sure, keep farming your damage, and increasing your survival rate while doing nothing to help teammates in a team game, then go and make remarks at people implying they need their team to play their game for them.

 

Cool story, brah.

 

And yet, when you went to a shitty situation versus 2 enemy tanks, while you were dealing with a tank you think your ally should be dealing with the other. Same when you went to a bad place where you were what, perma-tracked/sniped while in open field?

 

It's a team game, yes, but if you're a muppet, don't expect any help.


Edited by Spurtung, 10 October 2017 - 10:42 AM.


tumppi776 #9 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:30 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 40866 battles
  • 2,214
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014
The tier IX lights now have nice guns. I rather just use them.

alienslive #10 Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 82923 battles
  • 1,793
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013
LT job is to rush the enemy base in the 1st minute and scream #yolo.

tumppi776 #11 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 40866 battles
  • 2,214
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014


kaneloon #12 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26707 battles
  • 849
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

Yes it is a rule ... sadly it is less than the time their arty need to move and aim and shoot ...

I think some arty should aim and shoot before repositioning, but it is another story.



jeffrey_mk2 #13 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11698 battles
  • 274
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013

I also got a message for the other tanks in game : use and shoot your gun when the enemys are being spotted!!!

The last couple days I am spotting a lot tanks (just bought LTG)  and everybody is not even shooting their guns at the enemy , no instead they are busy driving all to the wrong spot on the map , not watching their minimap or

they totally dont see whats happening.

Yesterdag I was watching another player in his t8 medium camping on a hill, looking forward while there are 3 targets on his left that where easy shots, he didnt see the targets.

Aftter I informed him that he maybe should use his gun on the left he finally saw the targets , then Im sitting with double face palm behind the desk , how hard is it to watch your map?



Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #14 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 14891 battles
  • 3,100
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

Dear light players. Do keep in mind the maximum draw distance. If you're far ahead of everyone, then there might be a chance that not everything you spot is visible to the rest of the team.

 

Also keep in mind where your team is going.



jeffrey_mk2 #15 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11698 battles
  • 274
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013

Just so many people are not even looking any further then their gun barrel length so it doesnt really matter what you do.



Mimos_A #16 Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21444 battles
  • 1,766
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015
Maybe you should try some lights beyond tier 5 before you start representing "the light tank players".

Captain_Kremen0 #17 Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36231 battles
  • 1,127
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 10 October 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Dear light players. Do keep in mind the maximum draw distance. If you're far ahead of everyone, then there might be a chance that not everything you spot is visible to the rest of the team.

 

Also keep in mind where your team is going.

 

^I am sure some people don't understand or even see those 3 circles

DangerMouse #18 Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 24236 battles
  • 540
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

Very funny this, most of the light tank drivers I get seem to think it their job to defend our Arty by camping near the base...

 

DM



Captain_Kremen0 #19 Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36231 battles
  • 1,127
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011
In a game full of lights I will hang back at the start to counter enemy lights whilst the TDs and heavies panic their asses off and the other lights YOLO

vasilinhorulezz #20 Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21261 battles
  • 868
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

Running LTs is probably the most demanding class, and of course it needs brains, if you're running in a spot without an escape plan, hoping your team will keep you alive you're doing it wrong.

Think, act, think again, react, and always have a way to minimize the danger, don't wait for the team to do it. Also, passive scouting is not the only way, you have two things going for you, camo and view range, put them to good use.


Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 10 October 2017 - 01:20 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users