Game performance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PandaFromChina #1 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38823 battles
I would like to get an explanation how is possible that all day long I have lags and fps drops? Everything was good until now, vanilla client, rock solid @75 fps, but all of the sudden silent maintenance without warning players? I believe that you have some retarded solution for all this, cause you always do. Buy your own servers, you have money cheap *edit

Edited by Jbnn, 11 October 2017 - 09:06 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to insults.

SuedKAT #2 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well I have zero issues my self on 4 different systems and the forum ain't exactly flooded with similar issues at the moment, so if I was you I'd start looking at my own system first.

Do you use mods? If so try without them.

Have you cleared the cache and settings for WoT recently? If not go to: C:\Users\[YOUR USER]\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net 

Then clear the contents, this will remove most settings and cache so you will have to reapply stuff like the graphics settings but it can clear out any corrupted data you might have in there.

Do you perhaps have your GPU on auto update or does it apply a profile with recommended settings for WoT? If so check so that's not messing stuff up and if not update your GPU drivers.

Have you recently cleared your rig of dust etc? If not consider doing some fall cleaning.

spamhamstar #3 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

As SuedKat said, but without the mods bit, cuz you already said "vanilla client". 

Try using task manager to see what is causing the fps to fall.  If CPU, Memory or Disk usage is especially high then check which apps are using it.  WoT doesn't usually use much.  If you're using windows 10 it's probably that causing the lag, in my experience, as it'll update even if you're using WoT & even if you turn auto updates off, it'll turn itself back on next time you update.

K_A #4 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13670 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Blah blah blah red is reserved for moderators and cursing is not allowed :child:

jack_timber #5 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34569 battles

Yes op started off quite good but then descended into the realms of let's blame others without checking his own pc.

gav00 #6 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7996 battles
Even if they were arsing about with the servers, your framerate should be stable.

TacPenguin #7 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42797 battles

Could i suggest you check your system first to see if there are any issues there.

I use  MSI afterburner https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

Get the beta version so server stats show real time results on screen in game.

I use this purely to monitor performance but you can over clock if you want.

Go settings-----Monitoring  and set up any parameters you want to see for on screen display

I use

GPU Temp

GPU 1 Usage

GPU 1 Memory usage

CPU 1 Usage

Ram Usage

FPS

If you configure these they will show up as an overlay in top left of screen.

These are just the basics to see if the CPU or GPU are over temping, running out of head room, Or CPU, GPU ram is being completely used.

Also have a gander at your server connection lag light to see if your connection maybe iffy.

Just the basics and a place to start

Good hunting

TacP

Edited by TacPenguin, 11 October 2017 - 08:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users