Jump to content


South African Player - Is it worth restarting on EU?


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

unicumscrub #1 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 480 battles
  • 4
  • [1SAB] 1SAB
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

Hello fellow tankers

 

I am from South Africa and when i first created my account wargaming redirected me to the NA webpage(i wanted to create an EU account, but i listened to WG, didint know better at the time). I later found out that my ping is much better on the EU server 150-170ms compared to the 240-260 on NA Central.  Now, after having played around 13k games and having a few tier 10s and 2 tier 8 premium tanks I am wondering whether it is worth it to restart on the EU server.  The lower ping will be nice, but the main reason i want a European account is to participate in clan wars/skirmishes/tournaments/ranked battles(because on NA server they are at 2am for me!!).  My question is:  Are the gold rewards worth the time and effort to start over on a new account on the European server or should i wait for the day(if it ever comes) when Wargaming will allow server transfers.  If i restart I will only focus on good clan wars/skirmish tanks and mainly tanks i don't have on my NA account, because if ever there are server transfers I can just use my other account for the tier 10s i dont have on the new account.  Two final questions:  do I need multiple tier 10s for clan wars because of tank locking( it takes a while to get tier 10s...) and what tanks are good for competitive play eg. CW or skirmishes/tournaments/strongholds(I was thinking of the STB1).  



gullungen #2 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24495 battles
  • 411
  • [NTRS] NTRS
  • Member since:
    12-10-2011

View Postunicumscrub, on 10 October 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Hello fellow tankers

 

I am from South Africa and when i first created my account wargaming redirected me to the NA webpage(i wanted to create an EU account, but i listened to WG, didint know better at the time). I later found out that my ping is much better on the EU server 150-170ms compared to the 240-260 on NA Central.  Now, after having played around 13k games and having a few tier 10s and 2 tier 8 premium tanks I am wondering whether it is worth it to restart on the EU server.  The lower ping will be nice, but the main reason i want a European account is to participate in clan wars/skirmishes/tournaments/ranked battles(because on NA server they are at 2am for me!!).  My question is:  Are the gold rewards worth the time and effort to start over on a new account on the European server or should i wait for the day(if it ever comes) when Wargaming will allow server transfers.  If i restart I will only focus on good clan wars/skirmish tanks and mainly tanks i don't have on my NA account, because if ever there are server transfers I can just use my other account for the tier 10s i dont have on the new account.  Two final questions:  do I need multiple tier 10s for clan wars because of tank locking( it takes a while to get tier 10s...) and what tanks are good for competitive play eg. CW or skirmishes/tournaments/strongholds(I was thinking of the STB1).  

 

Didn't WG NA say they will allow server transfers for those living far away from the server after they merged West and East? I'm not sure if i'm correct, but i think i remember reading about it on the NA website.

Kaltroh #3 Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48235 battles
  • 238
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015
In terms of specials, mission rewards and premium shop pricing EU is the worst of all.

unicumscrub #4 Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 480 battles
  • 4
  • [1SAB] 1SAB
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

View Postgullungen, on 10 October 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

 

Didn't WG NA say they will allow server transfers for those living far away from the server after they merged West and East? I'm not sure if i'm correct, but i think i remember reading about it on the NA website.

 

I sent them a support ticket and they told me they are unable to due to a technical limitation.

gullungen #5 Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24495 battles
  • 411
  • [NTRS] NTRS
  • Member since:
    12-10-2011

View Postunicumscrub, on 10 October 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

 

I sent them a support ticket and they told me they are unable to due to a technical limitation.

 

I'm guessing i found your thread on the NA forums, and this is currently the last reply on it, if it is your thread: http://prntscr.com/gvoxi3 so there's hope i guess :P

Edited by gullungen, 10 October 2017 - 05:08 PM.


unicumscrub #6 Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 480 battles
  • 4
  • [1SAB] 1SAB
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

View Postgullungen, on 10 October 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

 

I'm guessing i found your thread on the NA forums, and this is currently the last reply on it, if it is your thread: http://prntscr.com/gvoxi3 so there's hope i guess :P

 

not my thread haha, but i have made a thread on NA, i hope they trasnfer soon, but they have been saying that for a while now

Humansland #7 Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:01 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12504 battles
  • 53
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    06-30-2016
oh no. Europe already have enough immigrants as it is :D now even virtual ones.. :D God damn :ohmy::trollface:

Balc0ra #8 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65967 battles
  • 16,088
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postunicumscrub, on 10 October 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

 

not my thread haha, but i have made a thread on NA, i hope they trasnfer soon, but they have been saying that for a while now

 

Well they have multiple topics and request for transfers to other servers already, and keep promising it will be available soon. So just wait for a bit longer and see. In the meantime, just play here on that account.

thestaggy #9 Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14841 battles
  • 1,935
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015
South African player here. I fortunately had experience with other online games to know that WG trying to force me on to the NA server was a load of rubbish.

How old is your NA account? Personally, I wouldn't even consider starting again on another server after working on this account for over 2-years unless I just focused my efforts on 2 or 3 lines. Then again I have 6 tier 8s, so I am far too invested in this account.

On the STB-1, I haven't played it but from what I've read and seen in videos it has awful gun handling. I'd say that the M48 Patton would be a better alternative if you are looking for a hulldown tank that can snapshot. As for tanks to aim for; Obj 140, BC 25t, E50M, TVP 50/51, WZ 111-5A, AMX 50B and Maus seem to be the main choices when it comes to competitive play.

Edited by thestaggy, 10 October 2017 - 07:56 PM.


Pansenmann #10 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33964 battles
  • 12,515
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

EU is better. more players, less ping/packet loss

equals more fun.

 

At least WoT is not as dependant on ultra-low latency as other games.

 

great map btw:

https://www.submarinecablemap.com/

 

if there was a server in Brazilia, you'd might have even better connection.

depending on routing/peering and stuff your traffic to USA might even get routed via Amsterdam.


Edited by Pansenmann, 10 October 2017 - 08:04 PM.


unicumscrub #11 Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 480 battles
  • 4
  • [1SAB] 1SAB
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

View Postthestaggy, on 10 October 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

South African player here. I fortunately had experience with other online games to know that WG trying to force me on to the NA server was a load of rubbish.

How old is your NA account? Personally, I wouldn't even consider starting again on another server after working on this account for over 2-years unless I just focused my efforts on 2 or 3 lines. Then again I have 6 tier 8s, so I am far too invested in this account.

On the STB-1, I haven't played it but from what I've read and seen in videos it has awful gun handling. I'd say that the M48 Patton would be a better alternative if you are looking for a hulldown tank that can snapshot. As for tanks to aim for; Obj 140, BC 25t, E50M, TVP 50/51, WZ 111-5A, AMX 50B and Maus seem to be the main choices when it comes to competitive play.

 

13k battles deep, multiple tier 10s/9s




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users