Jump to content


Super conqueror will obsolete e5 completely?


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dammonar #1 Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:56 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 51864 battles
  • 556
  • Member since:
    02-22-2011
E5 still has its niche.. a -8 gun depression and a reliable snapshotty gun unlike the china heat chuckers.. Now SQ comes with -10 gun dep , better dpm , good accuracy and softstats and NO tumor, SQ will be superior to e5 in all aspects that matter! E5 will be pre buff maus-like useless after SQ is released and this gets on my nerves.. 

__H3H3__ #2 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29990 battles
  • 577
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

View PostDammonar, on 11 October 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

E5 still has its niche.. a -8 gun depression and a reliable snapshotty gun unlike the china heat chuckers.. Now SQ comes with -10 gun dep , better dpm , good accuracy and softstats and NO tumor, SQ will be superior to e5 in all aspects that matter! E5 will be pre buff maus-like useless after SQ is released and this gets on my nerves.. 

 

True if they would make the tumor smaller would already help a alot. Make it m48 patton size.

Edited by another_Ghost_Shell, 11 October 2017 - 10:01 AM.


Phobos4321 #3 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42851 battles
  • 7,846
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011
and wg gives a **** following that logic chryslers and defenders would have turned any other T8 heavy premium obsolete

Dammonar #4 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 51864 battles
  • 556
  • Member since:
    02-22-2011

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 11 October 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

 

True if they would make the tumor smaller would already help a alot. Make it m48 patton size.

 

It would still be non top pick even if the tumor stayed the same because of powercreep. Damn it was my main CW tank for a long time.

japtank #5 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27611 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

No need for SQ to make E5 obsolete TBH.

Average to bad heavy tank, subpar medium, that's what it is.

Whiners got the E5 scalp, now they have to deal with the impenetrable turrets of the 5A and IS7 and joys of german/japanese super heavies.

Good call!



IncandescentGerbil #6 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35597 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
The pattern is pretty clear by now. WG doesn't care how much time / money you have invested in getting E5. For a new tank like the SC to sell, it must be better. Then, six months down the line, when no one is grinding the E5, it will get re-buffed. It's a nasty, cynical practice, but it does make the company money. Me, I just go with flow. If a tank's good, get it, but only on the understanding it won't be good forever.

brumbarr #7 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,299
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View Postjaptank, on 11 October 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

No need for SQ to make E5 obsolete TBH.

Average to bad heavy tank, subpar medium, that's what it is.

Whiners got the E5 scalp, now they have to deal with the impenetrable turrets of the 5A and IS7 and joys of german/japanese super heavies.

Good call!

Pls give me your 5a turret, cause mine is obviously faulty.



Warzey #8 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 56291 battles
  • 807
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
Super Conqueror will obsolete E5? Mate, you can't obsolete something that's already obsolete.

_EXODUZ_ #9 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34165 battles
  • 1,935
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014

So what is that niche exactly? When you have to pick some shitty T10 for CW's on a battle you're loosing on purpose?

You're just being nostalgic about OP E5. Get over it.



HundeWurst #10 Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 67602 battles
  • 4,187
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012
Yeah thats most likely going to happen.

tajj7 #11 Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 24391 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

IS7 buffs and the 5A already did that, not to mention the E5 gets crapped on by the Maus and Type 5. Super Conqueror buffs were to stop it being obsolete before it even got released.

 

They should buff the mobility of the E5, maybe make the cupola smaller. If it went 42kph, 15kph backwards with better ground resistances then it would have it's niche back. Maybe also give it -10 gun depression seeing as most of the US heavy line has that. 


Edited by tajj7, 11 October 2017 - 11:10 AM.


Dr_ownape #12 Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40652 battles
  • 5,147
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
not played E5 since nerf, infact why haven't i sold it yet?

__H3H3__ #13 Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29990 battles
  • 577
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

View PostDrownape, on 11 October 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

not played E5 since nerf, infact why haven't i sold it yet?

 

Because it is a good looking tank :rolleyes:

Masternaut #14 Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23571 battles
  • 631
  • [HSOP] HSOP
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostPhobos4321, on 11 October 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

and wg gives a **** following that logic chryslers and defenders would have turned any other T8 heavy premium obsolete

 

I thought they turned every other T8 heavy obsolete...

Phobos4321 #15 Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42851 battles
  • 7,846
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 11 October 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

The pattern is pretty clear by now. WG doesn't care how much time / money you have invested in getting E5. For a new tank like the SC to sell, it must be better. Then, six months down the line, when no one is grinding the E5, it will get re-buffed. It's a nasty, cynical practice, but it does make the company money. Me, I just go with flow. If a tank's good, get it, but only on the understanding it won't be good forever.

is that the case ? for how many years was the maus shitty before they changed it ? how long was the 215b in its form in  the game  even the unintentinal buff of the E5  coming with its HD model took over 1 year to be fixed ...

View PostMasternaut, on 11 October 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

 

I thought they turned every other T8 heavy obsolete...

thought of writing that but i remembered the 50 100 that got its autoloader  spot  also liberte and patriot should work to a certain degree



Press2ForSkill #16 Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14631 battles
  • 689
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View Postjaptank, on 11 October 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

No need for SQ to make E5 obsolete TBH.

Average to bad heavy tank, subpar medium, that's what it is.

Whiners got the E5 scalp, now they have to deal with the impenetrable turrets of the 5A and IS7 and joys of german/japanese super heavies.

Good call!

 

impenetrable 5a turret? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Maybe if you use both of your eyes and hands you will pen the 5A turret. 

View PostDrownape, on 11 October 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

not played E5 since nerf, infact why haven't i sold it yet?

 

Well maybe you should actually play the E5 and you will realize that the tank is still good.. you can't say the E5 is bad cuz of the nerf if you haven't even played it yet... E5 is still really nice

japtank #17 Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27611 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 11 October 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Pls give me your 5a turret, cause mine is obviously faulty.

 

Bad faith.

Thrael7 #18 Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22918 battles
  • 1,844
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 11 October 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Pls give me your 5a turret, cause mine is obviously faulty.

 

Can I... have your 5A including the hull? Will trade with IS7 or E5.

Dr_ownape #19 Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40652 battles
  • 5,147
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 11 October 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

 

Well maybe you should actually play the E5 and you will realize that the tank is still good.. you can't say the E5 is bad cuz of the nerf if you haven't even played it yet... E5 is still really nice

 

Never said it was bad, just that i haven't played it ;)

Press2ForSkill #20 Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14631 battles
  • 689
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View PostDrownape, on 11 October 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

 

Never said it was bad, just that i haven't played it ;)

 

Well.. dude play it, just cuz it got nerfed doesn't mean that it is not worth playing, i guess that is the reason why you aren't playing it? Play it a few battles sometime again :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users