zealous

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

K_A #41 Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13670 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Back on topic, I too think some threads are often closed a tad too early. Yes, there might be unconstructive comments within the thread, but that doesn't make the whole thread unconstructive. Yes, there might be a general arty feedback thread but  in my opinion that simply isn't a good place to discuss a single artillery piece and the flaws it might have, for example. Also I find it somewhat silly that threads are suddenly closed a week after the last post in them... :rolleyes:

That being said, I have seen definite improvement in forum moderation over what it used to be years ago. Some can be contributed to new moderators who sometimes actually communicate with the forum users (Jahrakajin, kudos to you, sir) and some maybe due to other factors, better guide lines or something. 

RamRaid90 #42 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22505 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostKillingJoker, on 11 October 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

No, i only got salty because i felt i had a harsh punishment, by receiving a 3 day ban for getting blue for ramming an arty... and i didnt even killed anyone or shot anyone... 

quite contrary... 

Despite it being stated quite clearly in the rules, which you agreed to upon signing up, that discussing any form of ban on the forums is a breach of the rules and as such will result in the thread being locked.

You are lucky not to recieve a ban for it.

jabster #43 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostKillingJoker, on 11 October 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

You can check the replay if you want, all i did was, i rammed the arty, he fliped (wich my intention) and then i got blue, the arty cant stay fliped becuase of the gun...

so he cames back to its fit, and 30 seconds latter that TVP guy apears to kill me from the back when i was full XP 

so technicaly , i was being a [edited]someone (true) but i didtnt shot anyone, i only rammed him for 31 xp, and i was the one being TK and i get the 3 day ban...

“so in pilzen map i basicly followed an arty into his regular zone and pushed him during the entire game not allowing him to play....”

This is what you said isn’t it so that’s not all you did was it?

RamRaid90 #44 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22505 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostKillingJoker, on 11 October 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

but 3 days ban for ramming an arty is really harsh

You don't get that kind of ban for more than ramming an arty. That is a vast accumulation of reports from various games over a period of time. Likely also not your first ban since normally a UC first offence would be 1 day.

You must do stupid things alot.

Edited by RamRaid90, 11 October 2017 - 05:10 PM.

HeidenSieker #45 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 11 October 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

No, i only got salty because i felt i had a harsh punishment

Yes, and despite being TOLD, over and over again, you're now polluting this thread with the same tired-out stuff. It's time to dry up.

HeidenSieker #46 Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 11 October 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

You call closing topics and move them moderating?

Yes, especially when people are not being constructive, are not being polite, are not being reasonable, are posting in inappropriate forums, are restarting inappropriate and previously-moderated topics, or are posting topics in places other than pinned threads having previously been asked not to.

SaintMaddenus #47 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35573 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I think we are being asked to define what is not constructive.   We have an example in this thread.  This rehashing of an event in no way contributed, though the poster may think it does, maybe we need to review how we respond to such things.   This really can be a very negative place.  I do feel a brief explanation of why a thread is closed is necessary but too brief isn't good.    Obviously a thread that starts off offensive should go asap.  A thread that has been running should really be given an opportunity to turn, as this one was, back to being constructive.  Maybe a clear warning given.  Personally i think it's advisable for people to read as much of a thread as possible rather than just the latest reply, not always possible but sometimes we do get bandwagons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users