I have achieved the impossible

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Noo_Noo #1 Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21855 battles

Couldn't believe it. I have achieved the impossible - A FLANKING MANOEUVRE ON THE PARIS MAP!!!!

For me this is the worst map in the game. Utterly devoid of anything interesting and with 2 little hot spots of action, well 1 really because the field area isn't one at all. More a case of who moves first dies. 

Anyway, big tier 10 game with something like 10 heavies on each team and a sprinkling of meds and TD's. They left the field relatively undefended and I managed to flank round. 

Pretty sure that WG will now read this post and immediately redesign this map so that such a move is not possible.  

HassenderZerhacker #2 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27355 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostNoo_Noo, on 11 October 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

devoid of anything interesting

if there was anything interestng on any map, now that would be something...

maps are way too small and way too cramped.

tanks should be used in mobile warfare, yet WoT is played as a first person shooter where tanks duck behind cover, peek a boo and snipe... utter nonsense.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 11 October 2017 - 02:03 PM.

ZlatanArKung #3 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Replay or it didn't happen :P

Karasu_Hidesuke #4 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16161 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
It sounds like we won't always have Paris after all, then... now where am I going to go have lunch?

Balc0ra #5 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66593 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 11 October 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

if there was anything interestng on any map, now that would be something...

maps are way too small and way too cramped.

tanks should be used in mobile warfare, yet WoT is played as a first person shooter where tanks duck behind cover, peek a boo and snipe... utter nonsense.

You want bigger maps. Play WT. If you like driving for 5 min to get to the battle each time, just do die in one shot when you get there that is. To each their own. I personally like the fact that WOT gets you to the action quicker. But that don't make Paris the ideal map for it. Tho far from the worst.

My 2nd most hated map might get removed when the HD rework gets there, as they don't know what to do with Stalingrad. As that has plenty of flanking routes. Issue is that they are are all blocked by debris. My 3rd most hated map, Erlenberg is getting a major rework for HD to make it more fast paced. My most hated map... Highway.. sadly remains as is. All those 3 maps are slow paced for my taste. Paris is to, but not nearly as bad. And can give you some mobile action from time to time. If the middle is cleaned, or ignored, then flanking the HT line is usually easy damage. Even more so if the enemy has 6 gun camping vs your one gun on field.  

Noo_Noo #6 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21855 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 11 October 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Replay or it didn't happen :P

Believe me it did. One in a million!!!

Just to clarify my hatred of Paris is the fact that the map is basically a super corridor map. had they added some lanes cross linking the corridors it would help but like I said there's basically one spot which is pretty much a head on confrontation with very little opportunity for shots at a different angle. 

I dont mind smallish maps too much provided they give opportunities to move round and engage from different angles. However I do believe map size is an issue sometimes. Mines for example shouldn't be a high tier map. in my opinion. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users