Lest We Forget

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Bullitt #1 Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8145 battles
We all play this game for fun but let us never forget that in real life war is not glorius! It is sometimes nessesary but never fun people die after all. So on the 11.11.11  let us remember those that have fallen on all sides & in all wars in the hope their sacrafices were not in vain.:Smile_honoring:

http://en.wikipedia....ar_I_casualties

http://en.wikipedia....r_II_casualties

theta0123 #2 Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 8223 battles
  • [FHA] FHA
Take the moment to listen to the last post, and remeber those

my country saw the heaviest battles and the most lives lost in WW1. Today, nobody gives a damn about WW1, and those millions of men who died for us. I do remeber them, i do give a damn.

I thank you, the british, french, australian, Indian, Canadian, newfoundland, new zealand, south african, united states, italian, russian,portugese, brazillian and many more men who liberated my country. I thank you Belgian troops, who defended my country with there blood and lives so that we could live in freedom today.

And i do not hate you, Germans, for World war 1. You people where just regular soldiers, like anyone else, sended out because some fat greedy rich royalties and other high in command bastards, disagreed on something.
May you all rest peacefully in the Belgian soil.

Do not be like anyone else who does not give a damn about this day. Be a man of honour, and respect those 22,477,500 allied soldiers who got killed, wounded or missing in WW1. And remeber those 16,403,000 axis soldiers, who got killed, wounded or missing in action. As they are not be blamed whatsoever for this huge tragic event.

Lest we forget

TimDogg #3 Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22226 battles
Well said.

jankus22 #4 Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7733 battles
:Smile_honoring:

For every fallen soldier!

X101 #5 Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25515 battles
  • [DTIN] DTIN
Look at my country in wwI 16% ot total population lost, that's cataclismic!

Bullitt #6 Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8145 battles

View PostX101, on 11 November 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

Look at my country in wwI 16% ot total population lost, that's cataclismic!

Serbian?

serpenta #7 Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14647 battles
  • [HB] HB

View Posttheta0123, on 11 November 2011 - 12:16 PM, said:

my country saw the heaviest battles and the most lives lost in WW1. Today, nobody gives a damn about WW1, and those millions of men who died for us. I do remeber them, i do give a damn.

The WWI was not that "spectacular" as WWII, there was not this imagination about allies firing with flowers and nazis the evil demons with horns and everything, there was no Holocaust and forced labour. And the WWI is considered as last war which wasn't about anything important, but it was rather for the fun of the nobility - which in our times is the public enemy no.1. While WWI was most important as link between napoleonic wars and WWII political factors. It is considered not important because reasons for it are very complex and few of them reaches the colonization era, i.e. XVI century. And ppl are dumb, don't read, don't learn, and are gaining knowledge from the TV.

WWI was most important war, that formed our contemporary geopolitical shape of the world. The WWII was just a play-off in this geopolitical meaning. For us living in it it would not be different if Germans would win WWI or WWII, the map of Europe would not differ at all.

And as for those who died, the WWII was the most horrible war of all times. The weapons get much more powerfull, e.g. machine gun, artillery, grenades, mines, first tanks, first bombers, but they were all lacking manouvering abilities. And that was the reason of positional war in which men, unitis, armies and whole fronts just sat in trenches and was getting killed by artillery, machine guns, grenades, mines etc. Even in the more plastic eastern front there were those who was slaughtering and those who got slaughtered - e.g. the battle of Tannenberg. And in addition it was war in which both sides tested combat gases.

Deukmans #8 Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10233 battles
  • [GDNL] GDNL

View Postserpenta, on 12 November 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

The WWI was not that "spectacular" as WWII, there was not this imagination about allies firing with flowers and nazis the evil demons with horns and everything, there was no Holocaust and forced labour. And the WWI is considered as last war which wasn't about anything important, but it was rather for the fun of the nobility - which in our times is the public enemy no.1. While WWI was most important as link between napoleonic wars and WWII political factors. It is considered not important because reasons for it are very complex and few of them reaches the colonization era, i.e. XVI century. And ppl are dumb, don't read, don't learn, and are gaining knowledge from the TV.

WWI was most important war, that formed our contemporary geopolitical shape of the world. The WWII was just a play-off in this geopolitical meaning. For us living in it it would not be different if Germans would win WWI or WWII, the map of Europe would not differ at all.

And as for those who died, the WWII was the most horrible war of all times. The weapons get much more powerfull, e.g. machine gun, artillery, grenades, mines, first tanks, first bombers, but they were all lacking manouvering abilities. And that was the reason of positional war in which men, unitis, armies and whole fronts just sat in trenches and was getting killed by artillery, machine guns, grenades, mines etc. Even in the more plastic eastern front there were those who was slaughtering and those who got slaughtered - e.g. the battle of Tannenberg. And in addition it was war in which both sides tested combat gases.
dont forget the stalingrad siege. in case of seperate battles that would be one of the worst in terms of fighting conditions. especially for the germans.

serpenta #9 Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14647 battles
  • [HB] HB

View PostDeukmans, on 18 November 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

dont forget the stalingrad siege. in case of seperate battles that would be one of the worst in terms of fighting conditions. especially for the germans.

Yes. But don't you agree that Stalingrad was horrible because it was resembling the WWI positional war? But not only Stalingrad. There were moments of positional warfare on eastern front during WWII. But you have right that Stalingrad siege and then Stalingrad pocket were worst for Germans. While Leningrad was worst for Russians.

dngrs #10 Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 7941 battles
lets also remember that there is no good guy/bad guy thing in wars and that they are started by people who do not fight at all
rip to all the fallen

theta0123 #11 Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 8223 battles
  • [FHA] FHA

View Postdngrs, on 19 November 2011 - 11:04 PM, said:

lets also remember that there is no good guy/bad guy thing in wars and that they are started by people who do not fight at all
rip to all the fallen
the people in command are all bastards, with one country having bigger maggots then the others

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users