WG PLEASE sort you map rotation out

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36693 battles

been playing bat chat 12t trying to 3 mark and thi s is my map rotation

Stalingrad, Hmmelsdorf, ensk, Pilsen, himmelsdorf, mines encounter, tundra, himmelsdorf encounter, ensk encounter, Pilsen, himmelsdorf, Kharkov, mines encounter, ppilsen, himmelsdorf, ruinberg, ruinberg encounter, ensk, tundra, airfield, Lakeville (yaay good scout map) mlountain pass, Pilsen, Stalingrad, mines encounter, serene coast (ok map) fishermans bay (good map) swamp, tundra, himmelsdorf, ruinberg, tundra, mines encounter

I mean seriously, where are good map where I can truly scout?  no redshire, no malonivka or encounter, no prok or fiery salient or encounter, no sand river or assault or encounter, no murovanka all big maps where I can really use my camo and view range

its really boring WG really really boring and you said you were sorting this out

Bennie182 #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51633 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

Have had the same when grinding lights.. Few times Steppes, but that was about it. Getting only same maps mostly and also being put on the same spawn as well.

One of the most stupid things about mm at the moment is, that I have to wait in the que nearly EVERY time I pick a tank with 50k people online. Wait in qua = mostly bad mm.

qpranger #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31516 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
OP you lucky barsteward, I love Himmelsdorf but I sometimes go on for days before I get it once.

Dava_117 #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18568 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

Why everyone but me got Stalingrad so much! One of my favourite map but only get it at most once a day...:(

Instead I get campinovca and prok... 

Thuis001 #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5923 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-
Welcome to maprotation. The issue lies both in the bad maprotation and in the lack of open maps, I mean you got all the city maps (I believe) and only three maps where you can somewhat scout. Not even good scouting maps. So motivating to play lights.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20724 battles

Honestly my advice to anyone starting this game or still using lights and turretless TD's is to forget about them. Roughly 9 out of 10 maps will be an utter horror show of an awkward, ineffective struggle against better classes so spare yourself that frustration and pick yourself a good medium and heavy tank line. 

Maybe in the future the game will come back towards light tanks and tds but that isn't today and it won't be tomorrow either so keep them in your garage by all means but personally I have washed my hands of these classes and I'm much the happier and better for it. 1 excellent battle for 4-5 rubbish, nah... it ain't worth it.

Quintuss #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25545 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

Feels familiar.

I managed to grind both the RU and the T54-LW to the tier X without seeing Malinovka or Prokorovka/Fiery Salient once - with such a nice MM i decided to just get rid of the LTs one by one and reuse the crews elsewhere.

Aikl #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDava_117, on 12 October 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

Why everyone but me got Stalingrad so much! One of my favourite map but only get it at most once a day...:(

Instead I get campinovca and prok... 

Try playing a Swedish TD. :P

Jokes aside, I seem to be getting it plenty, and I've almost come to appreciate the map when avoiding the 'designated heavy brawling area' in any tank.

View PostThuis001, on 12 October 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Welcome to maprotation. The issue lies both in the bad maprotation and in the lack of open maps, I mean you got all the city maps (I believe) and only three maps where you can somewhat scout. Not even good scouting maps. So motivating to play lights.

Do you honestly believe that most of the open maps are actually good? Heck, Prokhorovka, often touted as the prime 'open LT-15-friendly' map is just a giant campfest with no real action. If you go forward, you'll get spotted. If you're spotted, you're dead. That's the kind of gameplay I'm sure everyone wants. Playing safe? Well, then you won't get to do anything and/or artillery will nail you continously. Fun!

It's not really scouting to sit in the E1 bush half the game - but honestly your best option since any TD (or heavy tank for that matter) in a bush will easily outspot a light tank.

In theory I like open maps, but I don't really like any of the ones in-game at the moment. Murovanka might be the best candidate in that regard, it's not the giant 'no-mans land' that 90% of every other "open map" is. Just look at El Halluf. It's a basecamper's dream. One decisive flank - that is surrounded by open approaches where base defenders can farm freely. Going straight over the canyon? Well, you'll get a few spots, but the TDs can't really shoot at each other too much. If you manage to get to the other side, you're incredibly vulnerable to crossfire with no real place to go. Fun-fun-fun!

Come to think about it, El Halluf and Malinovka are essentially the same too. Fun!

Edited by Aikl, 12 October 2017 - 09:47 AM.

The_Georgian_One #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35225 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostAikl, on 12 October 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Try playing a Swedish TD. :P

Jokes aside, I seem to be getting it plenty, and I've almost come to appreciate the map when avoiding the 'designated heavy brawling area' in any tank.

Do you honestly believe that most of the open maps are actually good? Heck, Prokhorovka, often touted as the prime 'open LT-15-friendly' map is just a giant campfest with no real action. If you go forward, you'll get spotted. If you're spotted, you're dead. That's the kind of gameplay I'm sure everyone wants. Playing safe? Well, then you won't get to do anything and/or artillery will nail you continously. Fun!

It's not really scouting to sit in the E1 bush half the game - but honestly your best option since any TD (or heavy tank for that matter) in a bush will easily outspot a light tank.

In theory I like open maps, but I don't really like any of the ones in-game at the moment. Murovanka might be the best candidate in that regard, it's not the giant 'no-mans land' that 90% of every other "open map" is. Just look at El Halluf. It's a basecamper's dream. One decisive flank - that is surrounded by open approaches where base defenders can farm freely. Going straight over the canyon? Well, you'll get a few spots, but the TDs can't really shoot at each other too much. If you manage to get to the other side, you're incredibly vulnerable to crossfire with no real place to go. Fun-fun-fun!

Come to think about it, El Halluf and Malinovka are essentially the same too. Fun!

Difference is that on Malinovka you CAN actually spot. And on encounter you can (and should) spot semi-actively. I often pick-up a few thousand assisted damage spotting from the ridge on encounter (from both sides). El Halouf is a terrible map for light tanks. Most of the times you can go brawl with the heavies or go F yourself.

When it comes to Prokhorovka - it's a perfect scouting map (compared to others). You have multiple choices, depending on spawn and team composition. You can surf ridge, go to magic bush or spot hill. Or you can switch sides as game develops. Sure, it can be risky, but there's a very good risk/reward ratio.

On the map rotation - it's truly terrible since last patch. I rarely have sessions without Pilzen, Paris, Windstorm or Stalingrad. And these maps are only acceptable in certain vehicle type(s)...

magkiln #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22637 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE
So? If you see that you only get city maps, play a tank that'll do well there. Wait until you get a day with all open maps to play a light.

arthurwellsley #11 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51268 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
I believe in future there will be even less "open scouting maps" once the maps go HD. This is because there is a suggestion that Fiery Salient will be removed from the rotation (it is virtually a twin of Prokhorovka). Lets hope RU kicks up enough fuss that it is not removed.

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20724 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 October 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

I believe in future there will be even less "open scouting maps" once the maps go HD. This is because there is a suggestion that Fiery Salient will be removed from the rotation (it is virtually a twin of Prokhorovka). Lets hope RU kicks up enough fuss that it is not removed.

FS and Prok are two of the finest maps in the game that all classes can play successfully on. Whoever made that suggestion obviously never played this game and is best taken round back where nobody can see and lashed severely with a cane.  

qpranger #13 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31516 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 October 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

This is because there is a suggestion that Fiery Salient will be removed from the rotation (it is virtually a twin of Prokhorovka). 

I hope they also remove Stalingrad from rotation because it is virtually a twin of a pile of faeces.

SaintMaddenus #14 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33910 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Bring back Province! 

qpranger #15 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31516 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 12 October 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Bring back Province! 

Yes and make it tier 10 exclusive on 1 April for ultimate fooling fun.

Junglist_ #16 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35992 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 October 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Didnt they say in the recent CC Q&A that fiery salient is staying?

Search_Warrant #17 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Map rotation should be tank based to not screw them over anymore.

OreH75 #18 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46950 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 October 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

Fiery Salient + Prokhorovka = HD Prokhorovka..no need to have 2 of those anymore ingame. So yes..one of them will eventually disappear.

trispect #19 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33277 battles
  • [HSOP] HSOP

View PostTungstenHitman, on 12 October 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

FS and Prok are two of the finest maps in the game that all classes can play successfully on. Whoever made that suggestion obviously never played this game and is best taken round back where nobody can see and lashed severely with a cane.  

Yes. ...if there are no clickers

HundeWurst #20 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67754 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
Well if 3/3 of all the maps are city maps its kinda hard to "fix" the rotation?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users