• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Nickthedevil #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22232 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Seriously Wargaming? Seriously?????????

I've seen some lame,sad excuses from you over the years but this is beyond pathetic:

Unfortunately, it is unlikely for us to introduce the Chieftain into the game. As much as we want to implement to it into the game, we don’t want to just make it simply able to research from the Conqueror. If we can find some lower tiers that can fit to the similar playstyle to the Chieftain, then we will consider implementing the Chieftain into the game.

https://ritastatusre...847/#more-48847

After all the nonsense lines and fake tanks you've introduced you can't figure this out? There are numerous excellent suggestions all over the forum/reddit/youtube, maybe read a few???? Or even easier split the branch from the Centurion MK.I > (med>heavy) Chieftain MK.I > Chieftain MK.VI - job done. Took me 3 minutes to figure that out, you're welcome, I take cash or cheques.

You claim to be listening to your customers after a run of disasters but the evidence is you don't give a *&^%.

krismorgan #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31376 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Coz its not russian simples.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9508 battles
Its not happening, so lets move on shall we ?????

Search_Warrant #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
I already gave up long ago. even if they implement it they will think of a way to make it useless.

thestaggy #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

View PostNickthedevil, on 12 October 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

After all the nonsense lines and fake tanks you've introduced you can't figure this out? There are numerous excellent suggestions all over the forum/reddit/youtube, maybe read a few???? Or even easier split the branch from the Centurion MK.I > (med>heavy) Chieftain MK.I > Chieftain MK.VI - job done. Took me 3 minutes to figure that out, you're welcome, I take cash or cheques.

You claim to be listening to your customers after a run of disasters but the evidence is you don't give a *&^%.

You need to think like WG.

The Chieftain is possibly the most in demand tank right now, so WG sees $$$.

Why let people get there from a tier 8 Caernarvon/Centurion, let alone branching from a tier 9 like the Chinese, when they can make you start further down? Say a line of terrible tier 5/6/7/8 tanks that will result in more grinding, more premium time and more XP converting?

Nickthedevil #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22232 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

... or just simply make it the first T10 premium and make a fortune (I'm not suggesting they actually do that as it's an awful idea).

There you go WG - another solution that took at least 60 seconds - I'll add it to the bill.

xx984 #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53117 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

Its Wargaming, they seem to do the opposite of the logical thing, everytime.

Wouldn't be surprised if it eventually comes as a CW reward or something

malachi6 #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49274 battles

You can't take the best MBT of the Cold war and put it into the game if it is not Russian.  Problem is that amazing gun and some very good for the time, gun laying technology.

It could actually sit in the current lineup as it was the successor to the Conqueror

M60 was a CW reward.  So, no doubt this is another that will be enjoyed by a few.

brumbarr #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
It will never be a CW reward, makes no sense for WG, they want to make profit, CW reward doesnt give profit. As shown by the Q&A they want to create a whole line to make people spend free xp.

xx984 #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53117 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View Postbrumbarr, on 12 October 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

It will never be a CW reward, makes no sense for WG, they want to make profit, CW reward doesnt give profit. As shown by the Q&A they want to create a whole line to make people spend free xp.

If they want profit then why have any CW reward in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, its obvious WG are money whores, at the end of the day every company needs to make money. But surely they could of easily made T8 CW rewards, (IS-5, KV-4 Kres, CHEIFTAIN/t95) Especially the Cheiftain/T95 seeing as alot of people would of seen Cheiftain and bought it just because of that not knowing any better, They could of also easily made some of the tier 10 ones proper tech tree tier 10s that some people would of skipped to with free xp.

If the Cheiftain Mk.6 were to become a Tier 10 CW Reward it would get alot of clans and players participating in the campaign then previously would, Which usually means more people gold spamming, more people that need to grind credits, more people that need premium tanks, more people that need premium account and so on.

Edited by xx984, 12 October 2017 - 02:27 PM.

brumbarr #11 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View Postxx984, on 12 October 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

If they want profit then why have any CW reward in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, its obvious WG are money whores, at the end of the day every company needs to make money. But surely they could of easily made T8 CW rewards, (IS-5, KV-4 Kres, CHEIFTAIN/t95) Especially the Cheiftain/T95 seeing as alot of people would of seen Cheiftain and bought it just because of that not knowing any better, They could of also easily made some of the tier 10 ones proper tech tree tier 10s that some people would of skipped to with free xp.

If the Cheiftain Mk.6 were to become a Tier 10 CW Reward it would get alot of clans and players participating in the campaign then previously would, Which usually means more people gold spamming, more people that need to grind credits, more people that need premium tanks, more people that need premium account and so on.

They make cw rewards because that makes players stay and enjoy the game, which is good for their profit, they dont give them iconic tanks they could sell. (M60 was a mistake).

Making it a CW reward goes against the interest of WG.  In a campaign, the amount of credits spent is even comparable to a whole new line which creates longterm and shortterm profit. 

And they litterly said in the interview they want to make a whole branch for it. 

Lord_Edge #12 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5951 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 12 October 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

You can't take the best MBT of the Cold war and put it into the game if it is not Russian.

They already have, they just chose to make it a tier X TD instead of an MT :P  (NB: For players who aren't that into tanks, I'm referring to the Strv-103, it was a MBT not a TD).

Eyesan #13 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 64002 battles

That's really disappointing news, for years WG have said they were planning to introduce a Chieftain. 

I don't understand the imagined difficulty with some "unique" play style of the Chieftain that is in some way dependent on their being lower tier tanks with a similar play style (?!) 

I suppose they are suggesting it would need it's own line in tech tree, going down to a lower tier - I think that might actually be it, as they did recently tidy up the German heavy tech tree, with the Mauschen lead to the Maus, rather the Maus sitting out there on a spur of it's own.  If that is the problem, then I think they should, after years of (apparently) planning to introduce a Chieftain, just bloody well do it, & introduce a new tier 8 or tier 9 leading to it if necessary (as with the Maus).

If they are saying the problem is it's unique as it's an MBT so not exactly a medium, not exactly a heavy, again, that's not a good enough argument when you consider all the other tanks in the game they've accommodated, as mentioned, the S-tank line.

If WG were worried about it simply being OP, well that won't wash since the introduction of OP premiums, Maus buffs etc ... plus I'm sure most players would rather it be introduced with an if necessary non-historic level of nerfs to precisely to prevent it being OP.

If they don't want to put the work in to add the Chieftain to the tech tree, then I'd be happy to settle for it as a premium, God knows they've adding plenty of other premiums to the game recently, plus the UK tree could do with another T8 premium.  Compared to the other nations it's greatly lacking premiums at T8.

FluffyRedFox #14 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 22627 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostNickthedevil, on 12 October 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

As much as we want to implement to it into the game, we don’t want to just make it simply able to research from the Conqueror because that would just be way too simple and we need to maximise the amount of money we can milk off this, so in the 2 decades that it'll take to find a line of horrendously shite tier 3-9 tanks to fill in the gaps, you can ready your wallet for all that free xp you'll need to convert

I feex....

Strappster #15 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTHE_JACK_OF_HEARTS, on 12 October 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Its not happening, so lets move on shall we ?????

When this argument gets applied to arty threads successfully, we'll move on from asking for the Chieftain.

Junglist_ #16 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36023 battles
Well obviously they won't make it as a CW reward since there's no more tanks as CW rewards. 

xx984 #17 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53117 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostJunglist_, on 12 October 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Well obviously they won't make it as a CW reward since there's no more tanks as CW rewards. 

that was for the russian region, 

View PostPh3lan, on 27 September 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Hey guys!

About the news from the Russian forums: First of all this is just a rough concept of the new campaign and details, including prizes, can still change until it starts. In addition to that, these are the plans for the CIS region only, and the rules and prizes, might differ from this in other regions (like for Season 6 for example). As far as I know this is specifically mentioned in the Russian text as well. 

Junglist_ #18 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36023 battles

View Postxx984, on 12 October 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

that was for the russian region, 

Oh ok. Well I highly doubt if CIS wouldn't get tanks EU would. Imagine that

Gvozdika #19 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38155 battles

I always imagine some kind of internal WG discussions along these lines-

*Somewhere in the Former USSR* A number of developers meet together in an anonymous office room; among their number a senior figure unveils his plans for WoT in 2020.* 

Senior Dev: 'Okay - the sixth heavy line of Glorious Soviet Design is next up! There are 999 Object Project numbers and I'll be damned if we're not going to work out some way of getting them all in.'

Random Dev: 'What about the British tree Komrade Boss? Surely we need to look at balancing some of their tanks.'  

Senior Dev: 'Have you been swilling anti-freeze again Brutik? What British tanks?' 

Second Random Dev: 'The British tank tree - the one that's been in the game for the past 6 years? We have the Chieftain modelled already, since 2015.' 

Senior Dev: 'What decadent capitalist pig-dog trash is this?  Next you'll be telling me someone's gone and added the French in the game!'

Random Dev:'But we have .... and the Czechs, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese, Polish....'

Senior Dev: 'What in the name of Brezhnev?! You mean this game isn't solely made up of products of the finest people's tractor factories of the Motherland? <Picks up Phone> Vasily - get me the balancing team. I don't care if they're still grappling with the Type 5 Heavy, whatever that is. Get them up here NOW! 

Edited by Gvozdika, 12 October 2017 - 04:59 PM.

Baldrickk #20 Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29530 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

Exhibit #1:

Posted Image 

Exhibit #2:

Posted Image 

Exhibit #3:

Posted Image 

Exhibit #4:

Posted Image 

They literally just did it with the WZ-111 5a.

There is no reason they can't do it again

Edited by Baldrickk, 12 October 2017 - 05:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users