That old chestnut.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Private_Pearts #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22040 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

Heard a bit of speculation about why WG won't put the Chieftain into WoT. The argument was that because it entered service in 1966 it was too modern for the game.

Lets be honest WG have never been open about this issue. There has never been an explanation, only that it doesn't fit the concept of the game........................

What concept would that be then I wonder? The same concept that got the FV4202 turret buff removed? They said it was too effective but I suspect they simply found it effective and decided that an effective British tank does not fit the WoT concept.

So just for lols The Japanese STB1 Tank, in real life entered service in 1975. The Leopard 1 entered service in 1965 (okay, you've got me there). And let's not mention all of the fake tanks that didn't enter service at all.

So. WG. What's the real reason?

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles
That's wayyyyy too clean for you. Can you call WG the c word and a few other things pls? I don't like this new you, it's just too civilized and mannerly I prefer the hot head lunatic approach

__H3H3__ #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30801 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
The real reason ( they said it many times). They do not have the proper lower tiers for it to make a new line. As soon as they find those vehicles they might add it to the game.

Bludsuager #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11852 battles
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-
The tank would probably be too OP and would have to be nerfed quite a bit in this game imo... That's the only reason i can think if other than it's an attraction gimmick. Let them think they gonna get it and let them play for as long as possible before giving it :bush:

Aikl #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I believe the last reason given was that it doesn't fit into the playing style of the current line; something which seems to be quite important to WG at this point. It's not really too modern, unless it happens to have 'modern features' (typically smoothbore gun, composite armor and ERA). WG hasn't exactly set a date limit for 'modern tanks'.

It would make fair sense as a reward tank for personal missions or whatever. Heck, the current set has the T-55A as a German reward, which is a far cry from how the other German tanks play.

__H3H3__ #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30801 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostBludsuager, on 12 October 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

The tank would probably be too OP and would have to be nerfed quite a bit in this game imo... That's the only reason i can think if other than it's an attraction gimmick. Let them think they gonna get it and let them play for as long as possible before giving it :bush:

The real reason ( they said it many times). They do not have the proper lower tiers for it to make a new line. As soon as they find those vehicles they might add it to the game. 

250swb #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The lack of a tree that plays in a logical way towards the Chieftain is repeated by the game developers in this article published yesterday

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/10/11/48847/

magkiln #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24179 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 12 October 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Doesn't stop them from putting the Caernarvon after the Black Prince, or the AMX50-100 after the AMX M4 mle45, or the Emil after the Leo, or.... This is an argument that they only trot out when it suits them.

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPrivate_Pearts, on 12 October 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

Heard a bit of speculation about why WG won't put the Chieftain into WoT. The argument was that because it entered service in 1966 it was too modern for the game.

Lets be honest WG have never been open about this issue. There has never been an explanation, only that it doesn't fit the concept of the game........................

What concept would that be then I wonder? The same concept that got the FV4202 turret buff removed? They said it was too effective but I suspect they simply found it effective and decided that an effective British tank does not fit the WoT concept.

So just for lols The Japanese STB1 Tank, in real life entered service in 1975. The Leopard 1 entered service in 1965 (okay, you've got me there). And let's not mention all of the fake tanks that didn't enter service at all.

So. WG. What's the real reason?

It's got all the hallmarks of classic marketing strategy - create artificially hyped demand - make you dance for it, then release it as a tier x prem bundled with a shed-load of gold.

So over-hyped that you won't think twice aboot dropping £100 on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users