Artillery-games option

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

stderr #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21457 battles

Hi people at WG.

Why not add a enable/disable checkbox for games that include artillery in the settings? I'm a customer, and that would really make the most for my fun and experience of this, otherwise terrific, game. I wouldn't mind to wait a bit extra for each game, if that's what's necessary for the MM to get me into artillery free games.

While others — who like this element in the game, which I respect b.t.w. — get their experience fulfilled. I among a rather big group of not-so-fully-satisfied customers, has to settle with a sometimes frustrating and disappointing experiences while playing this game. Isn't it time to recognize that some customers just want this game to be slightly otherwise? Why force a 'bad experience' onto one group or the other, when there's a possibility to satisfy them both? Customers evolve their expectations of the game as time go by, and I happen to like the games without artillery far way more. Using your tanks strength against opponents you can engage with directly. Not getting your IS-4 shelled to oblivion by artillery at Prokhorovka, for an example. There's no fun to play those games I think. So why do I do it? Cause I love other artillery free games, but I can't decide to only play only those. I randomly get drawn into games I think is boring, since they've got an element to the game I don't find enjoyable. I don't like playing artillery myself. I don't like playing with artillery in the same team as mine, and I don't like to play against artillery in the opposite team.

This possibility to choose whether or not to engage in artillery battles, would certainly be a nice new feature for me — and probably many others — to this game.

Thank you.

HeidenSieker #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles
You might find WG receptive to a group of players paying them to have only games in which a win is assured. You might have to play against bots, though, but who would care! You could WIN! WIN!! WIN!!!

stderr #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21457 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 12 October 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

You might find WG receptive to a group of players paying them to have only games in which a win is assured. You might have to play against bots, though, but who would care! You could WIN! WIN!! WIN!!!

I expect my win rate would be pretty much the same, since artillery in my team probably kills as many as those in the opposite team, in the long run.

Jumping_Turtle #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60437 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Poststderr, on 12 October 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hi people at WG.

Why not add a enable/disable checkbox for games that include artillery in the settings? I'm a customer, and that would really make the most for my fun and experience of this, otherwise terrific, game. I wouldn't mind to wait a bit extra for each game, if that's what's necessary for the MM to get me into artillery free games.

Join a clan, play stronghold, clanwars, advances. You hardly see arty in those battles.

HugSeal #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

Sure, that is if they add the same checkboxes for lights, mediums, heavies and tds of course.

Do you perhaps see a little flaw with your plan now?

Jigabachi #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
And I want a [insert random vehicle class]-free gamemode. And a forum search function.

Kozzy #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 12 October 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

Join a clan, play stronghold, clanwars, advances. You hardly see arty in those battles.

Funnily enough those are the only places they should be in the game.  For breaking cheese camping strats like on Mountain Pass for example.

stderr #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21457 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 12 October 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

I've been in some clans and done it, but it's not for me. I like random battles.

View PostHugSeal, on 12 October 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Sure, that is if they add the same checkboxes for lights, mediums, heavies and tds of course.

View PostJigabachi, on 12 October 2017 - 09:28 AM,

And I want a [insert random vehicle class]-free gamemode. And a forum search func

For me personally, it's not necessary. I think artillery has an quite special feature which I don't want in this game. A TD can possibly one-shot me occasionally, but I may have a chance to avoid it too. I believe that there aren't enough demand to enable/disable other classes among the big population of players. But, hey... If it gets widely requested, why not? You, me and others, get to play against people who think alike about this game.

kokorock #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 38768 battles
Make it simple, you have arta in hangar, you play with arta on team, you dont have arta on your own, you dont play with art

Edited by kokorock, 12 October 2017 - 10:54 AM.

HugSeal #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View Poststderr, on 12 October 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

I've been in some clans and done it, but it's not for me. I like random battles.

For me personally, it's not necessary. I think artillery has an quite special feature which I don't want in this game. A TD can possibly one-shot me occasionally, but I may have a chance to avoid it too. I believe that there aren't enough demand to enable/disable other classes among the big population of players. But, hey... If it gets widely requested, why not? You, me and others, get to play against people who think alike about this game.

Exactly, for you personally. But you are not the only one playing this game and this game isn't meant just for you.

This is not a novel suggestion, it has been up countless times before.

And have fun playing your is4 in heavy only matchups, seems very fun.

You don't want to play vs arty, arty does't want to play agains fast mediums, mediums doesn't want to play against heavies, tds doesn't want to play against lights etc etc.

Your suggestion is flawed, simple as that.

Jumping_Turtle #11 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60437 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Poststderr, on 12 October 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Than I am afraid you will be stuck with arty in those random games. Do not see them change that anytime soon. And it is called random for a reason of course ;)

stderr #12 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21457 battles

View PostHugSeal, on 12 October 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

Exactly, for you personally. But you are not the only one playing this game and this game isn't meant just for you.

This is not a novel suggestion, it has been up countless times before.

And have fun playing your is4 in heavy only matchups, seems very fun.

You don't want to play vs arty, arty does't want to play agains fast mediums, mediums doesn't want to play against heavies, tds doesn't want to play against lights etc etc.

Your suggestion is flawed, simple as that.

I play Lights, Mediums, Heavies and Tank destroyers. I love them all and don't mind playing against them in any way. I think there's a lot of people that is thinking like me. This issue has been up for countless of times for a reason. Has the Light, Meduim, Heavy or TD ditos been up at all for serious discussion?

Sirebellus #13 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18367 battles
World of Tanks has SPG's
If you want to play a game without SPG's then don't plat WoT,

Jumping_Turtle #14 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60437 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Poststderr, on 12 October 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

I play Lights, Mediums, Heavies and Tank destroyers. I love them all and don't mind playing against them in any way. I think there's a lot of people that is thinking like me. This issue has been up for countless of times for a reason. Has the Light, Meduim, Heavy or TD ditos been up at all for serious discussion?

But as said earlier. There are options in the game to play without or almost without arties. Learn to like those gamemodes. You can not have it all...

Captain_Kremen0 #15 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36823 battles
Wish in one hand and dump in the other see which fills up first.

HundeWurst #16 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67756 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostHugSeal, on 12 October 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

No, your stupid comment is flawed.

Arty gameplay is completly disconnected from the gameplay of the other 4/5 (If you count super heavies as another class) classes. It uses entirely different mechanics, features an entirely different gameplay. So it could be considered more than reasonable that players who play one of the 4/5 classes dont want to play with this set of entirely different mechanics.

Good Sir, your argument is invalid.

Edited by WunderWurst, 12 October 2017 - 11:28 AM.

jabster #17 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostWunderWurst, on 12 October 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Arty gameplay is completly disconnected from the gameplay of the other 4/5 (If you count super heavies as another class) classes. It uses entirely different mechanics, features an entirely different gameplay. So it could be considered more than reasonable that players who play one of the 4/5 classes dont want to play with this set of entirely different mechanics.

Well quite and that’s why we need to get rid of goalkeepers from football.

Jigabachi #18 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWunderWurst, on 12 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

But they don't want an arty-free mode because the gameplay of arty is different. They want it because they are of the opinion that this different mechanic shouldn't be part of the game because one reason or the other. And most of those reasons now are based on nothing but butthurt and entitlement.

And as always: Why not asking WG to put more effort into fixing the last issues around arty?

Edited by Jigabachi, 12 October 2017 - 11:39 AM.

HugSeal #19 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostWunderWurst, on 12 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Because the gameplay of a jpe100, a Leo, and a T100LT are so incredibly similar?

God Sir (I love the use of good sir to try to sound respectful after you've just called my comment stupid. Sure, it doesn't make any sense but why would that stop you?), your argument is even more invalid. If you want to opt out of playing against certain classes then where is the logic of not being able to opt out of meeting other classes?

It can be considered equally reasonable that people who doesn't want to play with TDs doesn't want to play against this set of entirely different mechanics.

Edited by HugSeal, 12 October 2017 - 11:43 AM.

stderr #20 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21457 battles

View PostSirebellus, on 12 October 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

World of Tanks has SPG's
If you want to play a game without SPG's then don't plat WoT,

...or just put up a suggestion to make the game better. There's nothing wrong with that.

View Postjabster, on 12 October 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Well quite and that’s why we need to get rid of goalkeepers from football.

Rules changes in football too. There was a time when goalies was allowed to take the ball with their hands when passed by a teammate. There also was a time when there was only two substitutions allowed per game. The offside rule in hockey. Etc, etc...

View PostJigabachi, on 12 October 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

But they don't want an arty-free mode because the gameplay of arty is different. They want it because they are of the opinion that this different mechanic shouldn't be part of the game because one reason or the other. And most of those reasons now are based on nothing but butthurt and entitlement.

And as always: Why not asking WG to put more effort into fixing the last issues around arty?

I fully understand if you don't understand my point. But I sincerely just want to remove an — for me — annoying part of this game, demeaned to butthurt or not.

I'm not saying that artillery shouldn't be a part of the game as a whole. Just that I should be able to chose not have it in my own games if I want. I still want other people to have it their way if they want. Isn't that fair enough?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users