Jump to content


Forum Commenters Who Don't Play The Game


  • Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

TORKARDGIANT #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14573 battles
  • 308
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013

Hi i've been playing WOT for a while now and visit the forums pretty often & have noticed that some of the most prolific commenters game counters never seem to move or are pretty low for how long they have been playing the game. is this just a glitch ? or are some members who are usually first to give advice or criticism not actually playing the game or in some cases have not played (or played very few games) for a long time ?

Im sure this will get me no end of grief but this does seem to be true



Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,935
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
Either rerolls who use it for e-peen comparison or second and third accounts and contrary to some belief from very good players.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 12 October 2017 - 10:52 AM.


Jigabachi #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,603
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

There are many players who stopped playing or have a long break but still post on the forums.

I don't play much anymore, either, but I still like coming here, even if these days it's just for the daily dose of drama and for losing faith in humanity.

 

edit: Oh, misread the OP a bit.

Yes, those are, obviously, second accounts.


Edited by Jigabachi, 12 October 2017 - 11:19 AM.


Jumping_Turtle #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 63191 battles
  • 5,379
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
There are also plenty who are posting from a 2nd, 3rd or more acount because they are serving a ban on the forum with their main acount.

Cannes76 #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 68723 battles
  • 1,768
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
Or just dedicated forum accounts because they want to stay anonymous.

MR_FIAT #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19969 battles
  • 1,592
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
Usualy because they got a forum ban on their main account, so they make a secondary account just for posting on the forums. 

TORKARDGIANT #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14573 battles
  • 308
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 12 October 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

There are many players who stopped playing or have a long break but still post on the forums.

I don't play much anymore, either, but I still like coming here, even if these days it's just for the daily dose of drama and for losing faith in humanity.

 

Im just wondering if some of the commenters have played the game with the various new updates or are just speaking from memory ? im not accusing anyone of trolling as such but if you check replies to alot of questions you will quickly find the same people who don't seem to be playing insulting or jumping down peoples throats for dareing to comment, I can't help but think some are simply hunting through the posts looking for things to troll rather than trying to give good advice

Jigabachi #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,603
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostTORKARDGIANT, on 12 October 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Im just wondering if some of the commenters have played the game with the various new updates or are just speaking from memory ? im not accusing anyone of trolling as such but if you check replies to alot of questions you will quickly find the same people who don't seem to be playing insulting or jumping down peoples throats for dareing to comment, I can't help but think some are simply hunting through the posts looking for things to troll rather than trying to give good advice

The days where you could give good advice or have a good discussion here are long over, sooo... yeah, some of those lowlifers are only here for trolling and posting nonsense. Some are even on their third account already.


Edited by Jigabachi, 12 October 2017 - 11:21 AM.


Captain_Kremen0 #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37612 battles
  • 1,582
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostMR_FIAT, on 12 October 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Usualy because they got a forum ban on their main account, so they make a secondary account just for posting on the forums. 

 

Jeebus I got a ban recently for 2 weeks but didnt feel the need to set up a second account. Guess some people just like the sound of their own typing.

On a side note I would add that Messrs Mourinho and Ferguson amongst others did bugger all as players of a certain game



arthurwellsley #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 52152 battles
  • 3,198
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostTORKARDGIANT, on 12 October 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Hi i've been playing WOT for a while now and visit the forums pretty often & have noticed that some of the most prolific commenters game counters never seem to move or are pretty low for how long they have been playing the game. is this just a glitch ? or are some members who are usually first to give advice or criticism not actually playing the game or in some cases have not played (or played very few games) for a long time ?

Im sure this will get me no end of grief but this does seem to be true

 

Alot of commentators got a forum ban on their main account for long past infringments, and so post on accounts made for posting and not playing. Most still play their main account.

 

PS I think I have played at least 500 battles in the last 30 days or so.


Edited by arthurwellsley, 12 October 2017 - 11:46 AM.


TORKARDGIANT #11 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14573 battles
  • 308
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013

I think Most must either be so called Re-rollers or not playing as many seem to have started playing in 2011 or 2010 had 13000 battles or more then never or rarley played again so don't seem to be banned.

would be interesting to see there actual playing accounts just to see if they are re-rollers non players or just trolls

Some seem to have as many posts as games


Edited by TORKARDGIANT, 12 October 2017 - 12:59 PM.


Captain_Kremen0 #12 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37612 battles
  • 1,582
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011
Stick around - it's an education (of sorts). 

jack_timber #13 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34549 battles
  • 2,251
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 12 October 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

Stick around - it's an education (of sorts). 

And can be a good laugh also....



TsundereWaffle #14 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27233 battles
  • 11,066
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
As mentioned above, mostly second accounts in case their first account got banned, or they perhaps play on a different server or maybe even on console instead of pc

Anxter_ #15 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26608 battles
  • 250
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2012

All of you seem to have missed he wasn't talking about low battle count players.

 

He was talking about dinger types with 10-15k battles in 6 years and more posts than battles sometimes. 



Desyatnik_Pansy #16 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16782 battles
  • 25,965
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostAnxter_, on 12 October 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

All of you seem to have missed he wasn't talking about low battle count players.

 

He was talking about dinger types with 10-15k battles in 6 years and more posts than battles sometimes. 

 

*cough*

 

:P



anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #17 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 689
  • Member since:
    09-24-2018
All i know is that the crappy players love posting useless replies. People with 12k battles and 18k posts.. people with 25k battles and 25k posts.. sadly the forum is a magnet for idi0ts.. and dumb moderators doesnt really improve the situation 

qpranger #18 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 33819 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 12 October 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

...sadly the forum is a magnet for idi0ts.. and dumb moderators doesnt really improve the situation 

 

I think you are holding back here. Come on, don't be shy and spare us no expletives, tell us what you really think about this place,

Joggaman #19 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24428 battles
  • 6,502
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostAnxter_, on 12 October 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

All of you seem to have missed he wasn't talking about low battle count players.

 

He was talking about dinger types with 10-15k battles in 6 years and more posts than battles sometimes. 

 

Trust me, I would love to play more, but my wife keeps getting in the way. As soon as she is away at the gym etc, I log in, but only manage 4-5 battles before she is back :arta:

Captain_Kremen0 #20 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37612 battles
  • 1,582
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View Postqpranger, on 12 October 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

 

I think you are holding back here. Come on, don't be shy and spare us no expletives, tell us what you really think about this place,

 

Unless Im missing some massive irony he thinks none of these apply to him. Think he wants promoting to moderator






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users