• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

SuperSyrer #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 74060 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

Dear Wot mates,

After 7 years of wot I finally realised that I have to quit this game, otherwise I might have a big problem with my life. Wot was a really nice experience for me because I met different types of personalities in this game (and trust me I have seen everything in this game), but when you play 10-12 hours each day you start to ask yourself a big question : why am I playing this game? Some people might say for fun, for being in a nice community, talking with people and stuff like that. Well that is partly true, but what I feel is that some of us just play this game because they are super addicted. One of the advises that I first give to everyone of you is not to become addicted like me in the first place ( I am referring to new players mostly). I have talked with some people and they say they can't live without this game because they got too attached to some communities. I understand that point of view( for asocial guys like me being in an online community makes it easier to communicate, to share ideas, opinions etc.). When it comes to wot we should not only talk about the game itself , but also about the social part of this game. Being part of a community is one of the positive parts of this game,  the negative part  is the amount of hours you spend in this game. A big thumbs up for those who know how to control their schedule in wot. However, there are people who play too much this game and they have problems in their real lives because of that(either their personal life is affected , their jobs, their "real" social life etc.). Now I know there are people who actually play this game a lot and they earn their living like this , I am not referring to any one of them ( I wish good luck to every streamer and everyone who is putting their efforts in this game because they want to make a living out of this, all of you have my respect because you are also giving things back to the community, by  teaching others new things in this game etc.). I have to pay respects to all the good streamers that are out there, I am not afraid to admit I have learnt a lot of things from you guys. I pay respects to each and every one of you. I would like to pay respects to X3N4 as well. He was my "wot teacher", one of the greatest characters in this game. I would also like to point out one really important thing that should exist in this game, that is respect. In 7 years I realised World of tanks should be about respect. I really hope people would respect others more, because in this way they respect themselves as well. I have been through different phases in this game. I know throughout this game I was a toxic person sometimes and I would like to apologise if I said some bad things about some of you, I know I should not have said some things and I regret all the bad things that I said( was inappropriate of me) .I  respect all of you though regardless of stats, win rate and any other stuff related to this game. You know, each of us might be something unique in the real life, I don't know, maybe some of the players are doctors, construction workers, shop keepers, does not matter. You never know when you go in a shop and there is a guy who sells groceries and you actually insulted that guy....well I know it's a slight chance of that happening..but still. It's all about mentality here and you have no idea how much influence a game , a virtual reality can have on our lives...you have no idea. Maybe some of you don't feel it, but damn I felt it and I still do. What I am basically saying is not to  let yourselves be limited by this game because it's not worth it. You might actually miss out on  the good things in life. Don't make the same mistake that I did. Anyway, regardless of these things it was a pleasure for me to be in this game , to be part of a community, it was a pleasure to be part of RGT ( one of the best communities in World of Tanks for me). My last advice is to give all the best things you have to real life because that's what matters the most , it's YOU that matters not this game. Good luck to each and every one of you , regardless if it's in Wot or real life. I will end up with three things :

UNICA will never die

322 will never die

RGT will never die

PS : I never felt like I was in a game.....I was in a company of heroes.

Ave atque vale. Cura ut valeas.

Kind regards,

Goagl/SuperSyrer/RyanC00per

Edited by RyanC00per, 12 October 2017 - 01:03 PM.

SuperSyrer #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 74060 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

Edited by RyanC00per, 12 October 2017 - 12:47 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7245 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
71094. :girl:

alienslive #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 83861 battles

GL&HF in RL.

(I am also really close to quit)

uglycousin #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostRyanC00per, on 12 October 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Dear Wot mates,

After 7 years of wot I finally realised that I have to quit this game, otherwise I might have a big problem with my life. 

Sorry to hear you got in that point. It is only a game, it should not affect your real life nor viceversa. Feel free to come back anytime if you manage to balance yourself right. :)

GL&HF in RL. 

lmperfection #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18233 battles
  • [3V] 3V
Lots of love, Ryan <3 You will be missed.

WarClass #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13954 battles
  • [EZ_GG] EZ_GG
Good luck mate!

mango91 #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40712 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

I managed to take a break in 2014.

Got lightly back in 2016, more active in early 2017 and now I'm again at full pace.

I was just missing something in my daylife during those 2 years... yes, girls; yes, graduation and then work; yes moving from parents' nest, but all my old noob friends, all the people I used to enjoy the evenings (and looong nights) with, well they were/are special. (I fkin took an university exam of spanish to play with my folk and avoid them the span-ita-english we were speaking!!!! I've sent them postcards from China, when went there on vacation, -to Spain, Poland and Italy :bajan:

Many of them had quit, many have vanished, but you know, memories are strong. Still in touch with some of them through FB or WApp and right now found a great new community where I'm having the chance to reach new "virtual-reality goals".

All in all, your words are true, even if I personally disagree with some lines.

My point is just to say that slowing down is not a crime, 3 hours are not 12 and the time you put into those tonkytonky pixels you drove so well in these years will not come back. It's a pity to waste everything for not being able to control yourself.

btw, best luck to you, you made me cringe

SuperSyrer #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 74060 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View Postmango91, on 12 October 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Many of them had quit, many have vanished, but you know, memories are strong. Still in touch with some of them through FB or WApp and right now found a great new community where I'm having the chance to reach new "virtual-reality goals".

That is true for me as well, memories remain, and the bonds of friendship will not be limited by a game. 

mango91 #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40712 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostRyanC00per, on 12 October 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

the bonds of friendship will not be limited by a game. 

I was about to walltext again, but it's your topic, not mine, not yet at least.

Let me say that TS is something "regular people" should try for at least a month of their lives. It gives you more than any pic-post sharing social media around. Don't leave it

FireflyDivision #11 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23708 battles
  • [CMON] CMON
Well, it depends on which part of the game you're "addicted" to. I know people who just don't give a **** about the game when it's not time for CWs. Anyway, having played with you, it's unfortunate to see somebody like you leaving the game. I wish you all the best. 

Edited by FireflyDivision, 12 October 2017 - 03:14 PM.

curse82 #12 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 31532 battles
  • [3V] 3V

Well, I can understand the points which you wrote and I accect your decicion. But reallife is always the first priority.

Nobody should spend more time in any game as in reallife. I will miss the times in sh with you.

I wish you the best for the reallife and hope that you will find the things which you need for a good time.

Mikas1992 #13 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40802 battles
  • [K4E] K4E
I wish you a good luck in finding your happines, goagl! 
Ballancing play time is my struggle sometimes also, but WoT is a place where I can run away from daily problems and relax a little.
If you wish to play WoT sometimes, dont be affraid of it, get in couple of battles and chill. Just don't exaggerate.
Take care mate :)

Yranna #14 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26242 battles

best of luck with future endeavours <3

tier 6 sh with you and axel was a great time

Edited by Yranna, 12 October 2017 - 09:27 PM.

Strasna__Zaba #15 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8700 battles
  • [TRUT-] TRUT-
oh no supa supa :arta:
i wish you all the best :)

ElGreco2014 #16 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 52043 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

2 years ago I met a guy in a clan. he playing a lot as i did. Very often, and I mean  every 1- 2 btls,when we was in platoon I was waiting for him  cause he went in bathroom. I was angry and sometimes I was yelling on him like "wtf man we waiting for u every time". Then he just said a simple sry, and thats it. After 8 months this guy died, passed away from cancer.(bon voyage Pano)

He never told to me that he had cancer.I regret for the times that I m yelling t him and I realize that everyone have his reasons to be here. From that moment I never criticize why someone is here or why he play a lot or not.

But u have right, I f the game control my life then is bad thing for me without question.Life is a lab of milions posibilities and opportunities open  to any human being want to try,research or explore them . And the time is limited:)

I wish you to have a nice trip in this "lab" and i m glad that I met u.

sry for my bad english

Edited by ElGreco2014, 12 October 2017 - 10:43 PM.

sergu #17 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 29937 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
FeelsBadMan

stevek34 #18 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7676 battles
  • [ESTE] ESTE

View PostRyanC00per, on 12 October 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Dear Wot mates,

After 7 years of wot, I finally realised that I have to quit this game, otherwise I might have a big problem with my life. Wot was a really nice experience for me because I met different types of personalities in this game (and trust me I have seen everything in this game), but when you play 10-12 hours each day you start to ask yourself a big question: why am I playing this game? Some people might say for fun, for being in a nice community, talking with people and stuff like that. Well, that is partly true, but what I feel is that some of us just play this game because they are super addicted. One of the advises that I first give to every one of you is not to become addicted like me in the first place ( I am referring to new players mostly). I have talked to some people and they say they can't live without this game because they got too attached to some communities. I understand that point of view( for asocial guys like me being in an online community makes it easier to communicate, to share ideas, opinions etc.). When it comes to wot we should not only talk about the game itself but also about the social part of this game. Being part of a community is one of the positive parts of this game,  a negative part is a number of hours you spend in this game. A big thumbs up for those who know how to control their schedule in wot. However, there are people who play too much this game and they have problems in their real lives because of that(either their personal life is affected, their jobs, their "real" social life etc.). Now I know there are people who actually play this game a lot and they earn their living like this , I am not referring to any one of them ( I wish good luck to every streamer and everyone who is putting their efforts in this game because they want to make a living out of this, all of you have my respect because you are also giving things back to the community, by  teaching others new things in this game etc.). I have to pay respects to all the good streamers that are out there, I am not afraid to admit I have learnt a lot of things from you guys. I pay respects to each and every one of you. I would like to pay respects to X3N4 as well. He was my "wot teacher", one of the greatest characters in this game. I would also like to point out one really important thing that should exist in this game, that is respect. In 7 years I realised World of tanks should be about respect. I really hope people would respect others more because in this way they respect themselves as well. I have been through different phases in this game. I know throughout this game I was a toxic person sometimes and I would like to apologise if I said some bad things about some of you, I know I should not have said some things and I regret all the bad things that I said( was inappropriate of me).I  respect all of you though regardless of stats, win rate and any other stuff related to this game. You know, each of us might be something unique in the real life, I don't know, maybe some of the players are doctors, construction workers, shopkeepers, does not matter. You never know when you go into a shop and there is a guy who sells groceries and you actually insulted that guy....well I know it's a slight chance of that happening..but still. It's all about mentality here and you have no idea how much influence a game, a virtual reality can have on our lives...you have no idea. Maybe some of you don't feel it, but damn I felt it and I still do. What I am basically saying is not to let yourselves be limited by this game because it's not worth it. You might actually miss out on the good things in life. Don't make the same mistake that I did. Anyway, regardless of these things it was a pleasure for me to be in this game, to be part of a community, it was a pleasure to be part of RGT ( one of the best communities in World of Tanks for me). My last advice is to give all the best things you have to real life because that's what matters the most, it's YOU that matters not this game. Good luck to each and every one of you, regardless if it's in Wot or real life. I will end up with three things :

UNICA will never die

322 will never die

RGT will never die

PS: I never felt like I was in a game.....I was in a company of heroes.

Ave atque vale. Cura ut valeas.

Kind regards,

Goagl/SuperSyrer/RyanC00per

Hang on a second, you play 10-12 hours a DAY?! How to heck you have so much time on your hands?

SuperSyrer #19 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 74060 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View Poststevek34, on 13 October 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Hang on a second, you play 10-12 hours a DAY?! How to heck you have so much time on your hands?

That was during the summer holidays but yeah I agree something was definitely wrong. That was one of the reasons I decided to quit.

Edited by RyanC00per, 13 October 2017 - 04:19 PM.

jaeckefa #20 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22354 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

F

gl dude :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users