What are you thought about the new Clan Wars season so far?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

__H3H3__ #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30793 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
Do you guys start to enjoy CW again? Or is it still not good enough? At least I feel that things like diplomacy are happening again wich is fun. So WG did manage to succeed in that.

mango91 #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41638 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

got 5 new Ts addresses in my bookmarks due to diplo issues

Had some fun leading (both winning and losing) Cw's in the tier8 area, which I could never thought could have been possible considering my lack of appreciation for tier8 team battles

got a laughable amount of golds due to the map life of my clan

overall a good experience, not as good as 2013, but on the right path to become awesome again

__H3H3__ #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30793 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View Postmango91, on 12 October 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

got 5 new Ts addresses in my bookmarks due to diplo issues

Had some fun leading (both winning and losing) Cw's in the tier8 area, which I could never thought could have been possible considering my lack of appreciation for tier8 team battles

got a laughable amount of golds due to the map life of my clan

overall a good experience, not as good as 2013, but on the right path to become awesome again

Nice to hear :) Yes I think they could increase the gold income on tier 8 a little bit. Of course not to much.

FireflyDivision #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

I think CW is much better now. It even motivated me to create a clan again :P

I would love to see alot of people voice their opinion about the new CW, because I'd like to send WG another document with our feedback to make sure they don't "fix" things themselves and mess it up again. 

As for improving gold payout in tier 8....

I remember we've had a chat about it in the game before, and my main reason for disagreeing with it is that it will attract better clans to the tier 8 region. This would cause the competition in tier 10 to decrease and "weaker" clans to be removed from the tier 8 map, giving them no chance to enjoy CW. Now the main question is... am I the only one with this thinking process? Could you pehaps help with getting the attention of more t8 clans? Let's hear about their opinions on this. If you're the only one who wants higher gold in t8, then we cannot propose that to WG. 

Edited by FireflyDivision, 12 October 2017 - 03:39 PM.

__H3H3__ #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30793 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostFireflyDivision, on 12 October 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

I think CW is much better now. It even motivated me to create a clan again :P

I would love to see alot of people voice their opinion about the new CW, because I'd like to send WG another document with our feedback to make sure they don't "fix" things themselves and mess it up again. 

As for improving gold payout in tier 8....

I remember we've had a chat about it in the game before, and my main reason for disagreeing with it is that it will attract better clans to the tier 8 region. This would cause the competition in tier 10 to decrease and "weaker" clans to be removed from the tier 8 map, giving them no chance to enjoy CW. Now the main question is... am I the only one with this thinking process? Could you pehaps help with getting the attention of more t8 clans? Let's hear about their opinions on this. If you're the only one who wants higher gold in t8, then we cannot propose that to WG. 

But if you take a look at last season you had a minimum of 72 gold and a max of 144. I think that is better then a minimum of 48 and a max of only a few 120 gold income provinces. For 10 provinces you are then able to get 1.1K gold per day instead of 700/800 gold per day.  Our clan decided to play T10 CW and that is going pretty well but I can imagine some clan that want to stick to tier 8 also want a little bit higher income so that they can reward their players. Otherwhise it feels like playing for nothing. I think that the clans on tier 8 would agree with me but I am not sure of course.

Edited by another_Ghost_Shell, 12 October 2017 - 03:55 PM.

FireflyDivision #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24216 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 12 October 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

But if you take a look at last season you had a minimum of 72 gold and a max of 144. I think that is better then a minimum of 48 and a max of only a few 120 gold income provinces. For 10 provinces you are then able to get 1.1K gold per day instead of 700/800 gold per day.  Our clan decided to play T10 CW and that is going pretty well but I can imagine some clan that want to stick to tier 8 also want a little bit higher income so that they can reward their players. Otherwhise it feels like playing for nothing. I think that the clans on tier 8 would agree with me but I am not sure of course.

Well, I'd say: gather support for your idea if you want it implemented.  If it has enough support, we'll add something about it to the document. This whole process is democracy after all. 

But when gathering support, explain the downsides too. 

Edited by FireflyDivision, 12 October 2017 - 04:27 PM.

Corruption_Clan #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46045 battles

We landed on the tier 10 map and took 2 provinces:izmena:

We tried the tier 8 and I think we managed to take a province then we had to fight all the pay2win campers which wasn't fun.

Wargaming should create a separate map on tier 8 where people cant use premium tanks.

Puts me off playing tier 8 even in randoms

__H3H3__ #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30793 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostCorruption_Clan, on 12 October 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

We landed on the tier 10 map and took 2 provinces:izmena:

We tried the tier 8 and I think we managed to take a province then we had to fight all the pay2win campers which wasn't fun.

Wargaming should create a separate map on tier 8 where people cant use premium tanks.

Puts me off playing tier 8 even in randoms

Yeah that is true they ruined tier 8. Nice that you landed on t10!:izmena:

Edited by another_Ghost_Shell, 13 October 2017 - 08:18 AM.

mango91 #9 Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41638 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 12 October 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

Nice to hear :) Yes I think they could increase the gold income on tier 8 a little bit. Of course not to much.

I have nothing to argue with the tier8 incomes.. We managed to stay about 22 days on the map, reaching the 10 territories goal, but we're not doing it for the golds.

Sure gold makes it a little worth, but clan teamplay is the endgame (even in t8) and we've been able to enjoy it anyway

of course more is better, but I agree with firefly. Good gold has to be given to good clans who play well on tX. Some gold is the prize for the fun and the time involved in the t8

Silas001 #10 Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47608 battles
  • [JUST] JUST
I see the current season as a great improvement and since very long I really enjoy playing CW again, planning strategies, engaging in diplomacy, working out and adjusting tactics and seeing all come together ingame - in success or failure.

That being said, I still have issues with the map-desing.

As I wrote in Firefly's thread I really dont like the the positioning of the landings. Generally it makes sense that landings are at the outside borders of the map(and temporary revolts appearing everywhere else), but it makes no sense that every landing has another bordering landing on each side leaving often just 1 option to move forward and sometimes you have to fight other clans incoming from the landings before you can move further inland - which btw. are often at the same time as the attacks, so you have to decide - either attack or defend against newcomers, which ends up in a stalemate ... Alliances on the map rarely get bothered by new clans from the landings because they have to fight each other and cannot attack further at the same time and if you still can attack you often only have 1 map to fight on.

Coincidentally we saw that play out ourselves for the last week when we landed and expanded to 3 provinces(and since we worked together with neighboring clans leaving always just one option. I personally really dont like Ensk, but I guess it was a good exercise to learn stuff when you have to attack the same map 4 times in one week [and fail every time] - just like advances which are generally really fun but get really annyoing when you just cant get through that one map. Besides that we just shielded clans on the map from newcomers.

Btw. I recieved very similar "feedback" when talking to several neighboring clans in very similar situations to ours while coordinating our moves on the global map.

So I would say spread out the landing regions a bit as follows:

-> A mixture of a few more low-income provinces and a shape of the WDM less resembling a perfect circle which as a 2D-geometrical form is the optimal shape for the least amount of border(landings) covering a certain area (overall amount of provinces). So without decreasing the amount of landings or increasing the overall amount of territories, you would need to make the borders more uneven to increase the border-length and give a little bit more space between the landings. (a little bit like the Tier8-map that has some bays).

Edited by Silas001, 16 October 2017 - 04:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users