been looking at console

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36530 battles

maps, loads of maps I have never seen on PC

pacific rim, trench warfare, theipval ridge, great wall, trench warfare, scorpion pass, liberty falls, kasserine, Heilbronn, dukla pass, caen, Ardennes

awful lot of free content there they can port to PC?

obviously I don't know if they are any good but 12 maps would be nice

Balc0ra #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 12 October 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

maps, loads of maps I have never seen on PC

Yeah, and they are worse at balancing it. Even more one sided then anything we have. As they never fix them or do anything to them after they get released. Their console exclusive maps are terrible anyway. Worst of them is Pacific rim, that is more or less north camping their mountain they spawn on, and south that has to push up, as they spawn on beach and have to assault up. It's like the old assault on Malinovka back in the day when the defenders won 8 out 10 games. Then Heilbronn is like Dragon Ridge, 90% goes the 8 line, and no one knows how the town on A1 even looks. Only one that is not that bad is Caen, as that is a great map for all classes. Kinda like the old port. 

That and some of the maps are Chinese server exclusive on PC that they just found and added like Great wall, that I suspect we will never see. Why can't they port them to PC? Well simply put it.... they are console exclusives due to a deal Day one Studios made with WG PC regarding maps they made before WG bought them and became their Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore division. I suspect that deal is still in effect, and what they make them self will remain there.

Evil_Toast_RSA1 #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3811 battles

Honestly, most of those maps are horrible anyway. Most of them have large areas that exist solely to take up space, or be an idiot trap (Pacific Island, Heilbronn, Dukla Pass, Great Wall, Liberty Falls).

Ardennes is a meme, that maps corridors have corridors.

Liberty Falls is limited to Tier VI and under, and you have 2 corridors to choose from. 1 is so easily locked down it's a meaningless choice. Large area of dead ground in the middle. Camp fest.

Heilbronn has a city. I went there once. Drove all the way through it in a Churchill III without meeting anything and got splatted by the entire red team camping the base. Just like my team. 10 minutes later time ran out for a 12/12 draw. Many games I have considered going AFK, would probably be better for my health. If people camping in pointless spots is your thing, then oh boy have I got a map for you!

Pacific Island. Dead pointless area in the middle, surrounded by water 1 grid wide, so the map is really small. Only 2 corridors to choose from instead of 3, so, erm, win? Not bad Tier V and under, but progressively crappier the higher the battle tier.

Dukla Pass. Dead area in the middle, so map edges only. But at least here all classes have a use so it's not to bad.

Scorpion Pass. If your team doesn't camp like dangling labias on the ridges by their spawn, this map is actually okay.

Theipval Ridge/Trench Warfare (mode from last years Mk I event). I liked this map. Great brawling, spotting, support, sniping areas. Something for everyone. A bit spawn imbalanced though but workable.

Great Wall. If your heavies go down the 1/K line in force, then the map is okay. if not, your in for some rough and nasty bum love later. I mostly enjoyed this map.

Stopped playing before Caen and Kasserine Pass got released, so no comment.

ThebaldEagle #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 757 battles

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 12 October 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

awful lot of free content there they can port to PC?

only the console version ar made for anothger game engine than the one the pc version are build for,

mainly on console players all have the same hardware, while the pc users have so many different hardvare set ups and configs

so not all that are made for the console version can be portet to pc version.

So that is wisfull thinking from your side OP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users