Sell It Or Keep It - Feedback

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23302 battles

Hi guys,

I'm going through my WoT garage and hope you can give me some feedback and advice on some tanks I have not played in a really long time and wondering should I just clear out the lot for credits, decent crew I can put in new tanks I will buy soon and of course, get back lots of really great and pricey equipment. 

I suppose I should start off by saying I am looking for advice as to how you find these tanks are going in our current WoT patch and gameplay. Not so much how they used to be as that really doesn't matter anymore. Consider how these tanks now fair in the 3-5-7 mm system and mostly urban map rotations we currently have.

1. Panther 2 : was only ever a means to an end, the E50. Never got to the E50, was too painful a grind.

2. JPanther 2 : Maybe never gave the fully upgraded version a fair chance. Top gun never felt comfortable, not sure why. 

3. IS-3 : Fabulous looking tank with a bad-[edited]rep. Feels out of its depth vs tier 9 and 10. I have a T-10 unlocked could buy.

4. M-41 Bulldog : nice tank, like it BUT, I have a T49 which is better pretty much every way so.. is there a point now?

5. Sherman Jumbo : Was excited about this buy, reflected on the 3-5-7 system, derp will be useless vs T7-8, never used it.

6. T-29 : Really used to enjoy this tank, stopped using it a long time ago. Not sure how it still fairs in battles.

7. M-18 Hellcat : Loved this TD but now favor the T6 mediums much more and I'm not sure what happened to cause this.

8. AMX elc bis : Maybe I have not given the light tank patch version a fair  go?

9. 59-16 : Loved this little auto-loader, now its blind and guns look uninspiring, any point with this tank now?

10. WZ-132 : Loved this tank too but my almost identical T54-light was upgraded a tier and went from a tank I once hated to a tank I actually like a lot now so is there any point keeping what's effectively an inferior tier8 Chinese version of the tier9 Soviet T54 light?

That's all I'm considering to sell. I don't have too many other tanks to be honest but I really like the other tanks so no problems there.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 13 October 2017 - 07:39 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29975 battles
Bulldog is effectively dead. Nerfing the autoloader neutered it. Removing the autoloader put a bullet in it's head. T49 does everything better and you've got the derp as an option for the lulz.

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11216 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Jpanther 2 = sell, doesn't work in current meta (for me at least, dont have top gun yet but still). It's not stealthy, but has no armor either. Tier 8 MM hurts for this one. 

T29 definitly a keeper. Tier 7 MM works quite well, when you're top tier you can play very aggresively.

AMX ELC = sell. Has nothing going for it now. If you played it well before you can consider playing a game to get additional MoE... easy with the new lower requirements, but a lame way to get MoE imo.

Have no experience in the others.

undutchable80 #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7869 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I enjoy both the jumbo as well as the T29. Somehow when playing the jumbo I just chillax and even though I might only do a non penetrating hit I imagine the crew / module damage I just caused, giggle and fire again. T29 does well enough against T9 and when top tier start farming. :-) Just my two cents... 

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38645 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Only ones out of that list I would keep are Sherman Jumbo & Hellcat.

Rest are pretty cack (although I have kept my Bulldawg)

RamRaid90 #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22154 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

T-10 is superior in every way to the IS-3 and IMO is even better than the IS-7.

Definately sell the IS-3 in favour of purchasing.

Aikl #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25722 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

1. Panther 2 : Sell it if you're not gonna grind it. E50 is a much better tank, though, and with the lo-ong 88 the grind should be tolerable.

2. JPanther 2 : Armor supposedly got nerfed a bit during HD rework, which mostly worked hull-down anyway. Hulldown in a rear-gunned TD? Yeah. Fair speed, but there are better T8s for going assault gun. I doubt the Jagdtiger will be much better/different/more fun.

3. IS-3 : Get the T-10. It's awesome. Keep the IS-3 "only" if you're gonna play strongholds/CW/TBs and don't have any other relevant tank.

4. M-41 Bulldog : Get rid of it. Get a WZ-132 for the same reason as the IS-3, else no. Chinese LTs are currently regarded as among the best in-class, but might change after all the other T10 LTs get buffed.

5. Sherman Jumbo : Can be fun if you like supporting, but of course too slow to do scouting or whatever. Fine support tank nevertheless, and in proper positions it can be a really hard nut to crack even for T8s.

6. T-29 : Still awesome. T7 gets fairly good MM. Keep it for platoonings.

7. M-18 Hellcat : Might as well keep it; even if it's hardly as fun as it was before WG decided to make it a TD instead of a LT.

8. AMX elc bis : Better off going up the line if you ask me. It's not that bad, and the AMX 30 and Batchat both are interesting tanks.

9. 59-16 : Get rid of it whenever you need a crew for the T9/10 Chinese LTs. Shouldn't be a bad tank anyway, but the autoloader was arguably the best part of that tank.

10. WZ-132 : CW/SH/TBs. Else? Not really. HWK12 might be a better idea if you want a taste of the more 'pure' scout tanks.

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23302 battles
Thanks guys, I've sold on a few and just purchased and retrained a crew over to a tier5 Panzer4 to grind out that VK1P I've been keen on lately.. actually the Derp Panzer4 is really fun!! and I can also play it while drinking :) 

Spurtung #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 64883 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
Got them all, keeping them all. Because reasons. Got enough slots to not bother.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23302 battles

View PostAikl, on 13 October 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

1. Panther 2 : Sell it if you're not gonna grind it. E50 is a much better tank, though, and with the lo-ong 88 the grind should be tolerable.

Just sold it. I tried I really did and gave it a fair chance fully upgraded but I couldn't make it work and when you are suffering a tank it's a really really long road to a tier9

2. JPanther 2 : Armor supposedly got nerfed a bit during HD rework, which mostly worked hull-down anyway. Hulldown in a rear-gunned TD? Yeah. Fair speed, but there are better T8s for going assault gun. I doubt the Jagdtiger will be much better/different/more fun.

Didn't know it was nerfed and hadn't played it to even notice. Agreed with the JTiger, the tier 9 and 10 only seem to get bigger, slower, lose camo and get more ridiculous. Couple that with no turret.. nah.. not my thing. Typical German solution at the time, the big slow tank didn't work so lets build an even bigger and slower tank with a bigger gun. That said, Adolf-H was off his titties with narcotics at this stage of the war and sources report that nobody else approved of this approach to tank design.

3. IS-3 : Get the T-10. It's awesome. Keep the IS-3 "only" if you're gonna play strongholds/CW/TBs and don't have any other relevant tank.

Great tip, never thought of potential clan play which I will join at some stage.

4. M-41 Bulldog : Get rid of it. Get a WZ-132 for the same reason as the IS-3, else no. Chinese LTs are currently regarded as among the best in-class, but might change after all the other T10 LTs get buffed.

5. Sherman Jumbo : Can be fun if you like supporting, but of course too slow to do scouting or whatever. Fine support tank nevertheless, and in proper positions it can be a really hard nut to crack even for T8s.

6. T-29 : Still awesome. T7 gets fairly good MM. Keep it for platoonings.

Glad to here that, loved that nuke proof turret in a hull down, bottom tier? press 2 but only sometimes tbh 200 pen for tier7 is beast

7. M-18 Hellcat : Might as well keep it; even if it's hardly as fun as it was before WG decided to make it a TD instead of a LT.

Ya it's a cheap tank anyway tbh and I have other US tanks mentioned I can sell if I need some good crew fast

8. AMX elc bis : Better off going up the line if you ask me. It's not that bad, and the AMX 30 and Batchat both are interesting tanks.

This leads to medium tanks eventually? Ya might take a look

9. 59-16 : Get rid of it whenever you need a crew for the T9/10 Chinese LTs. Shouldn't be a bad tank anyway, but the autoloader was arguably the best part of that tank.

10. WZ-132 : CW/SH/TBs. Else? Not really. HWK12 might be a better idea if you want a taste of the more 'pure' scout tanks.

I suppose I'll leave the WZ-132 unless I'm really stuck for credits, I could buy the tier9 medium WZ but I hear nothing but bad things and even looking at it's stats it looks like you will eat 2-3 shots before getting off a half aimed, poorly accurate 50/50 shot.. doesn't look fun to me lol

speedphlux #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44197 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

1. Panther 2 : Not really a keeper. Rather pick up a Pershing if you want a T8 Medium in your garage.

2. JPanther 2 : Meh. It's good, but it feels like there are other options. Not better options, but just options.

3. IS-3 : Legend. A keeper.

4. M-41 Bulldog : Meh. Used to be a keeper. These days - not so much. Rarely even look at it in the garage, let alone play it.

5. Sherman Jumbo : Was never fan of Tier 5/6 derp guns, so I'd say "No".

6. T-29 : Keeper ! Still lovely.

7. M-18 Hellcat : Keeper ! Even thou it was nerfed to the ground, with good crew that kitty still claws its opponent quite viciously.

8. AMX elc bis : Was never a fan of that one. Would never re-buy it. Old Chaffee FTW ! ELC AMX ? Nah. To the bin !

9. 59-16 : I feel the same way ... And I have no idea how to solve that issue. Specially since my tank is "painted" and with decent crew.

10. WZ-132 : Tier for tier, I think that is the best regular tech tree Tier 8 "scout" there is right now. A keeper for me, but the crew will have to take a trip up to the Tier 9 for the moment.

_Anarchistic_ #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40284 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 13 October 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

Hi guys,

I'm going through my WoT garage and hope you can give me some feedback and advice on some tanks I have not played in a really long time and wondering should I just clear out the lot for credits, decent crew I can put in new tanks I will buy soon and of course, get back lots of really great and pricey equipment. 

I suppose I should start off by saying I am looking for advice as to how you find these tanks are going in our current WoT patch and gameplay. Not so much how they used to be as that really doesn't matter anymore. Consider how these tanks now fair in the 3-5-7 mm system and mostly urban map rotations we currently have.

1. Panther 2 : was only ever a means to an end, the E50. Never got to the E50, was too painful a grind.

2. JPanther 2 : Maybe never gave the fully upgraded version a fair chance. Top gun never felt comfortable, not sure why. 

3. IS-3 : Fabulous looking tank with a bad-[edited]rep. Feels out of its depth vs tier 9 and 10. I have a T-10 unlocked could buy.

4. M-41 Bulldog : nice tank, like it BUT, I have a T49 which is better pretty much every way so.. is there a point now?

5. Sherman Jumbo : Was excited about this buy, reflected on the 3-5-7 system, derp will be useless vs T7-8, never used it.

6. T-29 : Really used to enjoy this tank, stopped using it a long time ago. Not sure how it still fairs in battles.

7. M-18 Hellcat : Loved this TD but now favor the T6 mediums much more and I'm not sure what happened to cause this.

8. AMX elc bis : Maybe I have not given the light tank patch version a fair  go?

9. 59-16 : Loved this little auto-loader, now its blind and guns look uninspiring, any point with this tank now?

10. WZ-132 : Loved this tank too but my almost identical T54-light was upgraded a tier and went from a tank I once hated to a tank I actually like a lot now so is there any point keeping what's effectively an inferior tier8 Chinese version of the tier9 Soviet T54 light?

That's all I'm considering to sell. I don't have too many other tanks to be honest but I really like the other tanks so no problems there.

1.  keep get e50m  2 keep  3 keep its op as [edited]  4 keep 5  sell 6 keep 7 keep 8 sell 9 sell 10 keep

easy

Bobby_Berov #13 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7713 battles
  • [BG4KM] BG4KM

1. Panther 2 : if you don't like-like the tank, then only unlock the next and sell it;

2. JPanther 2 : why do you even bother with it. Get Tiger!;

3. IS-3 : Skirmish non-premium, the best for it at T VIII;

4. M-41 Bulldog : you have T49, then why keeping this one? T 71 is way better;

5. Sherman Jumbo : "derp will be useless vs T7-8, never used it" - I haven't noticed such a thing. Are you sure you knew how to play with it? It is a fun tank, please keep it;

6. T-29 : One of the best in its tier, even better than T-32 (same gun);

7. M-18 Hellcat : if you are good with it and don't have any premium 8s, then you must keep this one;

8. AMX elc bis : sell and buy 12t;

9. 59-16 : get the last LT;

10. WZ-132 : can't tell you what you could do here.

arthurwellsley #14 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52004 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

1. Panther 2 : I didn't like it much either, but the e50 is a huge upgrade. Grind

2. JPanther 2 : leads to jadgTiger which is nice. 

3. IS-3 : KEEP excellent for teams, strongholds, and clan wars.

4. M-41 Bulldog : sadly sell, no point

5. Sherman Jumbo : sell. ALthough it's still alright, maybe give it a try?

6. T-29 : KEEP useful for some of the personal missions.

7. M-18 Hellcat : KEEP useful for some of the personal missions

8. AMX elc bis : sell. Now just a grind to next tier nothing more or less.

9. 59-16 : sell. Now just a grind to next tier nothing more or less.sell.

10. WZ-132 : I like it and kept it. Still a good VIII.

Ragnaguard #15 Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53431 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostTungstenHitman, on 13 October 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Hi guys,

1. i have mine rusting in garage! good only in ramming missions (but i think e 50 is better) xD

2.no opinion! went through ferdie which is an ok td fully upgraded

3. just keep it cause u won't have to re buy it for SH and stuff with clan activity! also good when CW is open for having alternatives when vehicles r locked.. (CW? anyone said CW?)

4. wait for next patch when the autoloader will be lost just in case they buff anything in return BEFORE u decide to sell it

5. can troll alot in t6 SH where u play only against t6 :-)

6.never really liked it, so no opinion

7. Answer no 6 explains everything...

8. mount top gun-tank caliber-cammo net and vents ,and play it as td (in fact with last gun becomes a td with awesome relocating abilities, not a scout) and see a whole new spectrum of what stealth td means... xD

9. played it a looooooooong time ago, and sold it once i got wz 131 so no opinion

10.play it in t 8 Sh and u will love it! it is what the t54lwt used to be in t8! ;-)

All advices given in good faith! ;-)  

Edited by Ragnaguard, 14 October 2017 - 12:10 AM.

Homer_J #16 Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29263 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I see you made your decision already but I would have kept the Panther II until the E50 was unlocked.

IS-3 is only worth having for tier 8 team based modes.  If you don't play those then get rid of it.

Keep the T29 unless you have another tier 7 heavy you prefer.

Sell the rest.

Maybe keep the ELC because it's only worth tuppence ha'penny and has two crew anyway.

shortfuse1418 #17 Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:16 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25801 battles
  • [BYOB] BYOB
Keep grinding the Panther 2, unlock the E50 (which is a good tank) and then sell to the seventh circle of hell the Panther2. Definitely one of the worst tier 8s out there.

Mimos_A #18 Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24583 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostTungstenHitman, on 13 October 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

Hi guys,

1. Panther 2 : was only ever a means to an end, the E50. Never got to the E50, was too painful a grind. Just go for it and finish the grind, otherwise you'll have to buy back a disappointing tank if you do decide to get the e50 later.

2. JPanther 2 : Maybe never gave the fully upgraded version a fair chance. Top gun never felt comfortable, not sure why.  No real opinion, it's one of those grey mouses in the game.

3. IS-3 : Fabulous looking tank with a bad-[edited]rep. Feels out of its depth vs tier 9 and 10. I have a T-10 unlocked could buy. The T-10 is fun. I think the IS3 is poop personally. I rebought it for clan stuff, but I get no real pleasure from playing it.

4. M-41 Bulldog : nice tank, like it BUT, I have a T49 which is better pretty much every way so.. is there a point now? Nope, but if you like it, why not just play it.

5. Sherman Jumbo : Was excited about this buy, reflected on the 3-5-7 system, derp will be useless vs T7-8, never used it. It's a tier 6, so unless you need the crew or the garage slot it's not like you get a lot of credits for it, might as well keep it and try it if you feel like it.

6. T-29 : Really used to enjoy this tank, stopped using it a long time ago. Not sure how it still fairs in battles. Never enjoyed it much, great turret, but I find it extremely boring to play. T32 seems like a terribly powercreeped tank with a crap gun, M103 doesn't give me warm feelings and the T110e5 also seemes left in the dust a bit at the moment.

7. M-18 Hellcat : Loved this TD but now favor the T6 mediums much more and I'm not sure what happened to cause this. It's still fun, haven't played it in months as well, but it's a tier 6, so again, unless you need the crew or garage slot there's no real point in selling it.

8. AMX elc bis : Maybe I have not given the light tank patch version a fair  go? Sold it as soon as I was done grinding it, I did see the appeal, but it was never for me.

9. 59-16 : Loved this little auto-loader, now its blind and guns look uninspiring, any point with this tank now? Nope, but again, it's a tier 6 yadayada.

10. WZ-132 : Loved this tank too but my almost identical T54-light was upgraded a tier and went from a tank I once hated to a tank I actually like a lot now so is there any point keeping what's effectively an inferior tier8 Chinese version of the tier9 Soviet T54 light? I love that thing, it's my go-to tank for strongholds. It just feels really comfy, especially with tier 8 matchmaking being what it is I vastly prefer tier 8 lights over heavies or meds.

Jumping_Turtle #19 Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 62530 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

1. Panther 2 : Sold it the minute I got the E-50. T8 Meds just don't have it anymore, if they ever had. E-50 is great though. You should consider getting that again.

2. JPanther 2 : Never got it since went the Ferdinand path. Still have that one. Gun works fine for me and I think it's the same gun.

3. IS-3 : Have a love hate relationship with the IS-3. Only have it to play advances though. Would be sold otherwise.

4. M-41 Bulldog : sold it after the LT chamges. Just not worth it anymore.

5. Sherman Jumbo : Sold it

6. T-29 : sold it, never could get it to work.

7. M-18 Hellcat : sold it, still kinda fun on some maps, but not good enough for me.

8. AMX elc bis : still have but that is oly to 3 mark it. Am at 91% atm.

9. 59-16 : was my fav T6 LT untill they took away the autoloader and basicly made all low tier LT's the same. Still have it, but hardly drive it.

10. WZ-132 : Still have it but hardly drive it also. Imho the T7 and T9 LT are much better than the T8 ones.

Strappster #20 Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 24934 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 13 October 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

Only played through it to get to the E50, had no intention of keeping it. E50 is worth the grind and now at least you get the long 88 to make it a little easier against tier 10 opposition.

Ended up liking it enough to keep it, I like it as a support TD as it as the pace to run with medium tanks. Armour's good hull down and the big gun is fun.

As said, keep it for clan wars or team battles unless you have one of the desirable premiums like a Patriot or Defender.

I haven't played any of them. Currently using the 122mm derp on the T-34-85 and that's ok, not as much fun as using a derp on a tier 5 medium tank though.

I enjoyed this enough to keep it but can understand why someone would go off it.

Nerfed pretty hard by the light tank changes; you could play it with the 75mm and fully-rotating turret and it's much like any other tier 5 pew-pew light or with the 90mm and restricted turret where it's simply much worse than it used to be. Worth grinding through, the auto-loader lights are quite fun now.

I've kept all the Chinese lights from tier 4 to tier 10 because I enjoy playing them, it's probably my favourite line in the game. Yes, the WZ-132 isn't as strong as the T-54 lightweight was but nothing else is or was either.

What it comes down to is how you feel about a tank. If you're not going to play it, that's a slot which could be used for another tank. It's not worth giving up a line because you've hit the crap tank in that line though, stick it on a back-burner and play others that you enjoy more if that line leads somewhere you want to go or use your free xp to get through it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users