New small unorthodox game types.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

slitth #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11952 battles

After seeing the new warhammer 40K theme battle type "Warhammer 40,000: Macragge's Thunder" in Blitz, I started to wonder why we do not see more unorthodox game type become a regular part of WoT.

After all we have see them before. Like the WW1 battle, the M24 Chaffee race and the likes.

I would not mind that we saw a warhammer 40K theme battle type and other small game type to give us a break from random battles.

Not that I want "fantasy" tanks in random battles, but some of the old special modes was fun enough that I would pay a small amount to be able to play them again.

Perhaps we could unlock unlimited play if the purchase the "special" tanks in the premium store and then give 3 or 4 free games a day to people how do not own the tank.

Or a small silver or gold fee to pay? 

Now matter how we look at it WG should need little motivation before the would add this to the game permanently, a way to earn a little money of some of the players with this.

So the question stand would you want some of the old theme battles back? Do we want new ones? and would you pay for it?

Aikl #2 Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:25 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25540 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I believe a lot of the old 'fun modes' were based around 'hacks' of the then-current engine. Might not be possible nowadays, at least not without redoing them completely.. Fun modes were nice, but ultimately a bad permanent addition. Players don't spend any cash playing it (bad for WG) and you could train crews without really playing the game, even grind some credits in many of them. Fine for short-term, bad for long-term. Takes a lot of work to make the map, create the mode, and whatnot. Kind of understandable, all things considered. Seemed to be a bit prone to botting as well.

Aside from that it probably boils down to what they want to use resources on - I'm sure that more fun modes would mean even less development of the rest of the game. I mean, they have a hard job already, and there are other games if you want some change from random battles. Get an emulator and play SNES games, works perfectly decent even with a keyboard - and Super Castlevania is so much f-ing fun.

Yakito #3 Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18872 battles
I am really sad that they made a few special game modes and then never showed them again after they finished.its a waste of talent and production time.
And I missed a few. I wish they turned on one of these modes like for 2 days once a month.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users