Map Ideas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38502 battles

I made an off the cuff comment in another thread that Overlord should be an assault map and start on the beach and I got thinking  (dangerous I know :teethhappy:)

Assault map thoughts

make dedicated assault and encounter maps so we don't get same maps over and over,  a couple ideas quickly came to mind

Make a real overlord beach assault map, start on beach and get inland, on defence start back from beach and get forward to counter the assault  (wouldn't it be great if you started in a landing craft and were delivered to beach during intro!!)

Arnheim,  assault through and capture three bridges with the defence team being a phased withdrawal possibility, capture only 1 bridge draw a defeat but 2 bridge draw a victory? not full xp but 2/3rds?

encounter map

perhaps bridge at remagen?

battle of the bulge, race to capture/defend the fuel dumps?

anyhoo, just a thought, perhaps any one else got a concept?

Browarszky #2 Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
It would be good if their map designs were to show at least a token nod towards historical accuracy. Very little else in the game seems to do so...

xx984 #3 Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54885 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

If this was the case then i might actually re-enable assault. 

Although, "Make a real overlord beach assault map, start on beach and get inland, on defence start back from beach and get forward to counter the assault  (wouldn't it be great if you started in a landing craft and were delivered to beach during intro!!)" I can just imagine one guy in a Maus sinking to the bottom of the sea and drowning before the match started :hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users