The new stats-page...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Jigabachi #1 Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

(I'm a bit concerned because noone has brought that up yet, so please tell me if I missed something.)

Sooo... there was this thread where somebody complained about losing so much. Everything fine.

Whenever I read those threads, the first thing I do is checking his stats using the good old WoT stats page to find out if he is just another deluded pancake or if he might have a point somewhere.

But when I checked said page, I realized that the criminal who mutilated the ingame mission-tab has found his second victim : The web stats.

Jokes aside and long story short: While the overall design isn't that bad (except the fact that they once again bloated up the whole thing, spreading all the information across the entire page), they removed some of the most important parts of the tank stats, like average spotted and average damage per tank.

My question is simple: Oh god, why?

Is anyone sitting in that devteam actually playing their game? And... will they "improve" the forums, too? I'm scared... :ohmy:

Edited by Jigabachi, 14 October 2017 - 08:43 PM.

Aikl #2 Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The page can display it, but it's filtered unless you click on the 'Parameters 7/12' text. Might be just a bug, in that someone forgot to set the proper standard filter.

Who cares how many frags someone have in a tank, anyway? At least average XP/battle makes a bit of sense - though I'm pretty sure it's affected by premium account (for some weird reason).

Jigabachi #3 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Ah, so you can customize it a bit. Completely missed that.

Thanks, now I'm a bit less scared. But the overall layout is still... special.

edit: The changed parameters reset everytime. Wohoo. Quality work!

Edited by Jigabachi, 14 October 2017 - 10:36 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAikl, on 14 October 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

At least average XP/battle makes a bit of sense - though I'm pretty sure it's affected by premium account (for some weird reason).

It is because WG didn't think about comparing one player to another back in the distant past.

Something which can only really be fixed with a complete stats wipe.  Along with assist damage which was not recorded for the first few years.  Stun which never existed for a long time, tanks they moved tiers, tanks they replaced and transferred the stats to a different tank (i.e. my T-10 stats are actually from my IS-4 at tier 9).......

Aikl #5 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostJigabachi, on 14 October 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

(...)

edit: The changed parameters reset everytime. Wohoo. Quality work!

Ah, yeah, even when just refreshing the page. Forgot to mention that, almost like it was obvious...

unnamed_obstacle #6 Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1016 battles
You are so right! Valuable information is missing by the cost of "fancy look": I still look for a nice stats web site because I still found NONE right now. Any recommendations?

K_A #7 Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postunnamed_obstacle, on 14 October 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

You are so right! Valuable information is missing by the cost of "fancy look": I still look for a nice stats web site because I still found NONE right now. Any recommendations?

One I found just recently and probably the best I've seen is www.wotstats.org

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users