Does promod contain illegal mods?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

MrLawless #1 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16515 battles
  • [TAF-X] TAF-X
When i was watching a stream, the streamer said pro mod contains illegal mods.Enemy directions(mini map) and a few mods may be illegal.Is that true?Should i remove them?Promod topic is not deleted or removed from the wot forum.If it contains banned mods why dont they delete his topic?A lot of users are using this mod.i dont wanna be banned cause of a mod which still alive in our forum.

SuedKAT #2 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Knowing which directions your enemies face is quite the advantage, even without the "recent" fair play policy I'd say it's pretty clear that it's not a mod that's allowed or at least not something I would recommend that you keep now with the fair play policy in effect.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7725 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
If you don't trust it, don't use it.

CmdRatScabies #4 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postpvtkellys, on 14 October 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Enemy directions(mini map) and a few mods may be illegal.Is that true?

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/69622-fair-play-policy-faqs/

Legal:

• Enemy gun indicators on the minimap: shows direction where enemies within the draw distance are pointing their guns (on the minimap)

MrLawless #5 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16515 battles
  • [TAF-X] TAF-X

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 October 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

If you don't trust it, don't use it.

this mod pack is in our "FORUM" http://forum.worldof...ck-by-oldskool/

if its illegal why doesnt wg delete it?If a player see this topic in the game's own forum.Player thinks thats not illegal.Somebody says illegal somebody says legal.WG should do something.And the solution is not "delete if you dont wanna be banned".Thats dictatorship.WG doesnt give us clear information.Doesnt delete it and they will ban me cause of that mod.Well done.

MrLawless #6 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16515 battles
  • [TAF-X] TAF-X

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 October 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/69622-fair-play-policy-faqs/

Legal:

• Enemy gun indicators on the minimap: shows direction where enemies within the draw distance are pointing their guns (on the minimap)

thank you.I will read all of these rules clearly.

HundeWurst #7 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69954 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostSuedKAT, on 14 October 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

Knowing which directions your enemies face is quite the advantage, even without the "recent" fair play policy I'd say it's pretty clear that it's not a mod that's allowed or at least not something I would recommend that you keep now with the fair play policy in effect.

I tend to agree. Thats really powerfull. Often its quit a hussle to get a camera angle to see where the enemy is looking. And by the time the opportunity is already gone.

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postpvtkellys, on 14 October 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

if its illegal why doesnt wg delete it?If a player see this topic in the game's own forum.Player thinks thats not illegal.Somebody says illegal somebody says legal.WG should do something.And the solution is not "delete if you dont wanna be banned".Thats dictatorship.WG doesnt give us clear information.Doesnt delete it and they will ban me cause of that mod.Well done.

Wouldn't be trying to stir up some sh*t now would we?

CmdRatScabies #9 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWunderWurst, on 14 October 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

I tend to agree. Thats really powerfull. Often its quit a hussle to get a camera angle to see where the enemy is looking. And by the time the opportunity is already gone.

I'd imagine they allowed on the basis that you can zoom out and look.  It's not one I use - it comes with a performance penalty warning - so I just zoom out or just recklessly drive out & see :)

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7725 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postpvtkellys, on 14 October 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Hitotsu: I never said it was illegal.

Futatsu: I said that you should use your own judgment.

Ergo; if you think it might be an illegal mod, don't use it. If you think it is fine to use, go ahead but don't cry if something bad happens after all. Especially if it involves mods that may or may not cross the line.

Mittsu: I don't know how well the mods subforum is moderated. The clan recruitment one can get away with a lot of things unless someone reports a post.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 14 October 2017 - 10:51 PM.

HundeWurst #11 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69954 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 October 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

I'd imagine they allowed on the basis that you can zoom out and look.  It's not one I use - it comes with a performance penalty warning - so I just zoom out or just recklessly drive out & see :)

Well same here. While it seems to be allowed I still think its to powerfull. By a simple look at the minimap you will be able to see so much more. Something I would call illegal as it gives you a true advantage if you are skilled enough. Reading situations becomes much easier, even only possible.

I would ban it.

Dis4ster #12 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27952 battles
Is that mod that shows directions of enemies with arrows on the screen still in there and is it legal, i mean it also shows if the enemy is pointing his gun on you.

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22579 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
I downloaded a mod pack last year from the mod section of this forum to the laptop I use while on holidays........I didn't connect the overheating of the laptop to the mod, I don't really surf that much on the laptop, just gaming, but I did notice one time that the table top where it sat was really hot after lifting and putting it away. I noticed that the laptop vents were a lot hotter than usual. I ran a virus scan and found a bitcoin miner in the WoT res folder.....apparently I was making bitcoin for someone everytime I played WoT for about 2 months of that year. 

CmdRatScabies #14 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWunderWurst, on 14 October 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

Well same here. While it seems to be allowed I still think its to powerfull. By a simple look at the minimap you will be able to see so much more. Something I would call illegal as it gives you a true advantage if you are skilled enough. Reading situations becomes much easier, even only possible.

I would ban it.

Always seemed a bit edgy to me so never used it.  You wonder what WG can detect though and whether expediency has informed some of their ban/no bad rulings.

CmdRatScabies #15 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 October 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

I downloaded a mod pack last year from the mod section of this forum to the laptop I use while on holidays........I didn't connect the overheating of the laptop to the mod, I don't really surf that much on the laptop, just gaming, but I did notice one time that the table top where it sat was really hot after lifting and putting it away. I noticed that the laptop vents were a lot hotter than usual. I ran a virus scan and found a bitcoin miner in the WoT res folder.....apparently I was making bitcoin for someone everytime I played WoT for about 2 months of that year.

I didn't think that still went on.  :)  Happened to me a long time ago when Bitcoins were new and lots of mining was going on.

Pvt_Duffer #16 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postpvtkellys, on 14 October 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Then frankly player is an idiot.

It is *your* responsibility to know. Read the rules.

NO seriously, go and do it, read the rules,

And while your at it read the contract you agreed to , and all the associated policies and other associated documentation..

No seriously, go back and read them.

ALL of them. 

Even XVM contains (contained?) an illegal reloading timer mod, when the FPP was announced, they didn't *remove* it, they just disabled it in the config.

Whatever get's posted wherever , it is *YOUR* responsibility to know what you are doing.

"It's on the forum, so it must be legal" is not a defence.

Spurtung #17 Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63703 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postpvtkellys, on 14 October 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

Homer_J #18 Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postpvtkellys, on 14 October 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

if its illegal why doesnt wg delete it?

Because the moderators who police the forum know less about what's legal in game than you do.

Also, they could check the mod pack one day, give it the all clear and the next day it could have a completely different set of mods in it.

Hedgehog1963 #19 Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:46 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51282 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
This is the last place I'd ask.

Aikl #20 Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I believe even Aslain's mod contain directions on minimap, and judging from past comments on removed mods from that pack, WG works close-ish with Aslain. From what I remember, they requested that one mod (that I can't remember, nor probably should name) shouldn't be included because it wasn't "healthy" (i.e. not strictly illegal, but greyzone at best). Can't remember which one it was, but probably not map directions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users