TD Meta TD Skill compensators

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Snatch_The_AmmoRacks #1 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:08 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29136 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

I don't know when exactly it started but it's been happening a while. Apparently every last mofo wants to play td's. When the team is full of td's it's camp. Even when it's evenly distributed it's getting f*cking tiring being slammed 750-1050. E3 being the most ridiculous of the lot. Better armour than a HT, same mobility, better gun. The whole lot and thanks to TOT it's being spam played. let's not mention the STRV. I love it when people try saying ''just flank'' yeah K. flank and get slammed by another orange sitting in the bush at redline or expose yourself to enemy team to deal with one TD holding up an entire flank because no one wants to bleed the HP. Very dynamic play.

Really ironic the fact that when I first played wot was back in beta stage on xbox. There was only 2 nations and of course meant less TD's. Yet gameplay felt like more fun and battles used more of the map. I wonder if it's because orange apes couldn't sit at the back in skill compensators, pen 2 shots and have an influence on the battle. I hate TD's as much as arty now. 

Edited by JuicyProduction, 15 October 2017 - 03:08 PM.

Tinom5 #2 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-
Ahahahahahah. [edited]excuses. Dude you cant hate on TDS. Artys ok but TDs ? Its easy to kill a TD that isnt a Jagtiger or a t30 hulldown. How can you actually cry about this wit 30 k games is beyond me... Btw yes i play tds alot. My fave so far being the hellcat and you can bite me if you hate it so much. If you manage to get killed by a td then it was your falt for standing still. Another thing whats up with the XBOX thing ? You do know this is the PC forum...

And another thing show me how much more skill does a IS-3 or a VK 100.01P take please show me. Or my two favoure "skill" tanks The OIs and the Type 5s.

Edited by Daxeno, 15 October 2017 - 11:33 AM.

xx984 #3 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 54885 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

POPULAR

Just active the mission where you need to do 4k Damage to TD's, they will all magically disappear once its active :hiding:

_Avenger_SRB_ #4 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22285 battles

View PostTinom5, on 15 October 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

Ahahahahahah. [edited]excuses. Dude you cant hate on TDS. Artys ok but TDs ? Its easy to kill a TD that isnt a Jagtiger or a t30 hulldown. How can you actually cry about this wit 30 k games is beyond me... Btw yes i play tds alot. My fave so far being the hellcat and you can bite me if you hate it so much. If you manage to get killed by a td then it was your falt for standing still. Another thing whats up with the XBOX thing ? You do know this is the PC forum...

I agree with OP. High tier TDs are very annoying. Hellcat is okay though, i like that one. E3 is annoying, and the FV 183 can go F itself. 

Tinom5 #5 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

View Post_Avenger_SRB_, on 15 October 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

I agree with OP. High tier TDs are very annoying. Hellcat is okay though, i like that one. E3 is annoying, and the FV 183 can go F itself. 

Not like the super heavy thanks that recently spawned from hell...

Hedgehog1963 #6 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51274 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Yep.  After the anti arty comes the anti TD rants.

_Avenger_SRB_ #7 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22285 battles

View PostTinom5, on 15 October 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

Not like the super heavy thanks that recently spawned from hell...

While we're at heavies Maus line and Type 5 line can go F itself too, would be perfect if they were removed from the game, when i see one of those i know i will make -25,000 credits.

Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTinom5, on 15 October 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

Tbh too much of any or the wrong ingredient can make your food taste bad......half the teams made of TDs are imo worse than 3 arty per team. Sure you can't hit arty while they lob shells at you and if you are lucky they will focus you the whole game ( been there ) but i'ts not impossible to avoid them. TDs on the other hand just sit in the bush and multiple TDs will deny enemy movement over a large area while arty generally doesn't have a chance once you get close or get off the first shot because it's not really difficult to spot them most of the time and they are slow, have no armor, no camo, their guns don't do a lot of damage if you have enough armor and the least hitpoints often needing one to two shots for tanks of the same tier to be destroyed.

View PostHedgehog1963, on 15 October 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

Yep.  After the anti arty comes the anti TD rants.

Well....arty players had to find a replacement....next best tank with a boomstick ( that actually works )....or they choose a clicker autoloader...

Strappster #9 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:49 AM

General

• Player
  • 23913 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If only someone wise, insightful and devastatingly handsome had called this previously ...

View PostStrappster, on 13 April 2016 - 04:57 PM, said:

First they came for the arty, and I did not speak out—
Because I did not play arty.

Then they came for the TDs, and I did not speak out—
Because I did not play TDs.

Then they came for the scouts, and I did not speak out—
Because I did not scout.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

imperiumgraecum #10 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60842 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View Postxx984, on 15 October 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

Just active the mission where you need to do 4k Damage to TD's, they will all magically disappear once its active :hiding:

^This

Snatch_The_AmmoRacks #11 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29136 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

View PostTinom5, on 15 October 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

Ahh the typical forum warrior. I love it when people like you reply :) 

My mistake I should have pointed out this is targeted at higher tier td's more specifically (although some lower tiers such as ISU-152 or T67 or also a bit of a joke). 

Did you not see me say ''Hate them as much as arty''. Nice reading skills :great: And why can I not mention xbox gameplay on the PC forum. If you'd think a bit before replying you'd realise it's relevant as I'm saying raw gameplay with less diversity in tanks was actually more fun when you'd expect the opposite. 

However, if you would have at any point seen me post you know I am just as mad about Maus's and Type 5 retard compensators. More so type 5 because you HAVE to load gold to pen meanwhile he can slam you for 300-600 regardless of not penning. SO there's that.

Your comment about the IS-3/OI, again silly tanks but you can't sit at redline and have an impact in game or hold an entire flank up because everyone is afraid of your 750-1050 shitblaster in silly TD's. Also to use the IS3's armour effectively you must employ some form of armour knowledge. When is the last time you held up several tanks of your own tier in an IS3?

Highlighted important parts in red so it's easier for you to read the bits that matter :coin:

Edited by Daxeno, 15 October 2017 - 11:34 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of the color red.

yun9 #12 Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5162 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

There's a problem of T10 TDs. When I'm playing one (especially then) it's actually really common to have 6-7 TDs on both sides, and that's not exactly great for gameplay. It's not that TDs are overpowered in general but that they're easy to play so people like playing them because they do better on average, or think blapping people for a lot of damage is funny. It leads to incredibly campy games since half your team is turretless and just lock lanes instead of pushing which is the bigger issue. 

The same thing goes for any other class too, too many and the gameplay starts deteriorating. With TD-s it's alpha and holding power, with mediums it's mobility and sped up progression, heavies to stale slugmatches of trades and lights/spg whatever have their issues too. Stacking too many mean that you'll lack in other areas and some maps just do not work that way. Have you tried playing Mines with 7 TDs per side? It's awful. 

View PostTinom5, on 15 October 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

Ahahahahahah. [edited]excuses. Dude you cant hate on TDS. Artys ok but TDs ? Its easy to kill a TD that isnt a Jagtiger or a t30 hulldown. How can you actually cry about this wit 30 k games is beyond me... Btw yes i play tds alot. My fave so far being the hellcat and you can bite me if you hate it so much. If you manage to get killed by a td then it was your falt for standing still.

TDs aren't easy to kill in general, some of them are but then they're misplaying. The second you start comparing ranged engagements the TDs get exponentially harder to kill and their damage output is much better than others. Have you ever actually tried pushing a TD with a shot in their barrel? Because I have. There's a reason people are so scared to push TDs specifically just because of the amount of damage they'll take for doing it. Even tanks like a 268 aren't guaranteed to die before they're reloaded even with coordinated pushes on them. That's 1500 HP shaved off for doing the right thing and push a lane. 

I cannot stress how wrong that last sentence is. Getting killed by a TD is usually the same as a normal tank, not for standing still but simply being in their crosshairs. The difference is that your alpha is higher so the window of the enemy being shootable needs to be much less for you effectively deal damage closer to your potential DPM than others. You also have the nice memey gimmick of TDs oneshotting and two shotting tanks of their own tier for exposing for what could be just a second or two. Those TDs are horrible for everything this game wants to be. I also question your tank examples; a Jagdtiger gets penned by T10 medium standard rounds even on its superstructure. It's not a tank that has anything to do with why TDs and their gameplay are a problem anyway. The real problem are tanks like the JGPZ, FV183, Grille 15, SU-152, ISU-152 and so on. Where their alpha + their other treat (for the derps its the extra alpha, but grille has mobility, jgpz armour etc) means all they need to do is 2-3 shots per game to not have a terrible one, no matter how you put it that's way too easy gameplay and way too punishing to the people who have to play against it when you suddenly run in to 7 of these. 

Most TDs are fine balance wise, they're annoying to play against but lack of turret means you can outplay them fairly easy once you get up close. The problem is right now when there's 7 of them per side meaning poking anywhere gets you pretty much deleted instantly because 3 of them decided to go meme in some (probably stupid) spot and suddenly your game is over. We had this problem 4 years ago too, then came the giant TD nerf and people finally started playing other tanks and gameplay quality got better. They're getting too popular again so I would't put it past WG to see them get globally nerfed again. 

Snatch_The_AmmoRacks #13 Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:06 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29136 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

View Post_yung, on 15 October 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

There's a problem of T10 TDs. When I'm playing one (especially then) it's actually really common to have 6-7 TDs on both sides, and that's not exactly great for gameplay. It's not that TDs are overpowered in general but that they're easy to play so people like playing them because they do better on average, or think blapping people for a lot of damage is funny. It leads to incredibly campy games since half your team is turretless and just lock lanes instead of pushing which is the bigger issue. 

The same thing goes for any other class too, too many and the gameplay starts deteriorating. With TD-s it's alpha and holding power, with mediums it's mobility and sped up progression, heavies to stale slugmatches of trades and lights/spg whatever have their issues too. Stacking too many mean that you'll lack in other areas and some maps just do not work that way. Have you tried playing Mines with 7 TDs per side? It's awful. 

TDs aren't easy to kill in general, some of them are but then they're misplaying. The second you start comparing ranged engagements the TDs get exponentially harder to kill and their damage output is much better than others. Have you ever actually tried pushing a TD with a shot in their barrel? Because I have. There's a reason people are so scared to push TDs specifically just because of the amount of damage they'll take for doing it. Even tanks like a 268 aren't guaranteed to die before they're reloaded even with coordinated pushes on them. That's 1500 HP shaved off for doing the right thing and push a lane. 

I cannot stress how wrong that last sentence is. Getting killed by a TD is usually the same as a normal tank, not for standing still but simply being in their crosshairs. The difference is that your alpha is higher so the window of the enemy being shootable needs to be much less for you effectively deal damage closer to your potential DPM than others. You also have the nice memey gimmick of TDs oneshotting and two shotting tanks of their own tier for exposing for what could be just a second or two. Those TDs are horrible for everything this game wants to be. I also question your tank examples; a Jagdtiger gets penned by T10 medium standard rounds even on its superstructure. It's not a tank that has anything to do with why TDs and their gameplay are a problem anyway. The real problem are tanks like the JGPZ, FV183, Grille 15, SU-152, ISU-152 and so on. Where their alpha + their other treat (for the derps its the extra alpha, but grille has mobility, jgpz armour etc) means all they need to do is 2-3 shots per game to not have a terrible one, no matter how you put it that's way too easy gameplay and way too punishing to the people who have to play against it when you suddenly run in to 7 of these. 

Most TDs are fine balance wise, they're annoying to play against but lack of turret means you can outplay them fairly easy once you get up close. The problem is right now when there's 7 of them per side meaning poking anywhere gets you pretty much deleted instantly because 3 of them decided to go meme in some (probably stupid) spot and suddenly your game is over. We had this problem 4 years ago too, then came the giant TD nerf and people finally started playing other tanks and gameplay quality got better. They're getting too popular again so I would't put it past WG to see them get globally nerfed again. 

This guy said everything in much better way. What he said ^ I'm too pissed off being slammed and having my games ruined by weak orange 30k game shitters to write anything overly constructive.

Thanks Yung 

Warzey #14 Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57073 battles

I don't really see this as a big problem.

When we'r talking about T10s it can happen that there are a lot of TDs in both teams and depending on the map it can be rather annoying to play because any miss play can cost you a lot of HP, but these games are rare enough that I don't see them as a big issue. It would be like me complaining about a battles with loads of heavies or loads of mediums on both sides. These battles just happen from time to time.

T9 TDs are generally less popular compared to mediums, heavies or even light tanks. Just think about it, T9 mediums get a huge power spike. There are a lot of good T9 heavies that can deal with T10s, but they also get to stomp lower tiers from time to time. When it comes to light tanks, the sweet spot is at T9. T9 TDs are usually just an inferior version of a T10 TD, there's just nothing special about them. Why play Strv 103-0 when you can play Strv 103B, why play WT when you can play Grille, Obj 263 is so much better than SU-122-54 it's not even funny and the list goes on. 

However I do believe there are a lot of people playing TDs on T8, which is understandable considering T8 MM. I personally would only play T8 heavies and TDs, since those two classes have the least problem dealing with higher tier tanks. If WG manages to deal with current T8 MM problem, I believe the TD problem will just go away.

When we talk about lower tiers, TDs are usually flat out inferior to same tier heavy tanks, so I doubt many players keep them in the garage after they finish the grind. 

Kalashnikova_blyat #15 Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43785 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostWarzey, on 15 October 2017 - 02:27 AM, said:

When we talk about lower tiers, TDs are usually flat out inferior to same tier heavy tanks, so I doubt many players keep them in the garage after they finish the grind. 

Yes sure man :))

TD  is after arty less dynamic class to play and is true in current  meta MM is full of TD which  is a very bad thing regards to gameplay :)

upsetti_spaghetti #16 Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10086 battles
It's going to get worst in new maps, they are a lot more flat, they look amazing but I doubt balance was even on the table when they designed them and No arty does not punish TD'S it punishes those who play aggressive.

Dr_Oolen #17 Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21817 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

As far as i can tell the problem isnt TDs but arty epidemic that is striking again, combined with overpowered HTs that cant be damaged properly without spamming gold 24/7.

HTs are retardproof and OP -> people start playing clickers that dont care and TDs because with those its somewhat possible to damage the heavies without gold spam -> active players start getting pissed by getting clicked by arty/tds -> even more of them start playing TDs.

Edited by Dr_Oolen, 15 October 2017 - 08:00 AM.

jack_timber #18 Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

Have noticed over the past couple of months there appears to be more TDs in battle than before.

You can see when queuing for battle that TDs, at times, far outnumber other classes.

Don't know why, some have speculated that it's Arty players migrating to TDs, or is it the new Chinese TDs that folks are trying out?

One thing's for sure though to many TDs can make for a poor experience in battle.

Not knocking TD or arty players as these are the only two classes I play but a better mix of classes would be beneficial.

250swb #19 Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22605 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
As long as players trundle around in heavily armoured IS-3, IS-7, E5, and IS-6 (when it was OP) then upper tier TD's are there for a purpose. Does anybody recognise themselves in these tanks? Then you should be ashamed of simply wanting to nerf the opposition to OP tanks.

Laiskamato #20 Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45865 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

View PostJuicyProduction, on 15 October 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

I don't know when exactly it started but it's been happening a while. Apparently every last mofo wants to play td's. When the team is full of td's it's camp. Even when it's evenly distributed it's getting f*cking tiring being slammed 750-1050. E3 being the most ridiculous of the lot. Better armour than a HT, same mobility, better gun. The whole lot and tanks to TOT it's being spam played. let's not mention the STRV. I love it when people try saying ''just flank'' yeah K. flank and get slammed by another orange sitting in the bush at redline or expose yourself to enemy team to deal with one TD holding up an entire flank because no one wants to bleed the HP. Very dynamic play.

Really ironic the fact that when I first played wot was back in beta stage on xbox. There was only 2 nations and of course meant less TD's. Yet gameplay felt like more fun and battles used more of the map. I wonder if it's because orange apes couldn't sit at the back in skill compensators, pen 2 shots and have an influence on the battle. I hate TD's as much as arty now. 

New Steppes HD is going to be even worse with camping TD

They added TD spots on the map that are just blatantly broken and OP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users