Tech Tree Optional?

tree tank

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ArcticLion #1 Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 365 battles

I restarted playing this game after 1/2 years and after few games with the lineups you can see bellow, i asked myself a question, and that is if i should realy bother with tank research when there is so much gold tanks that are clearly much better out there?

shot_092.jpgshot_093.jpgshot_094.jpgshot_095.jpgshot_096.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_090.jpg   696.94K

jack_timber #2 Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33467 battles

If you want to spend then by all means do so. But grinding the tech tree is fun, most of the time, and more importantly it allows you to learn the game as you progress through the tiers. Seen many a new player with a T8 premium and unsure what to do with it. 

Yes they are better but then again you are up against better tanks with better players, usually.

Even now I am still learning the game.

Shivva #3 Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29800 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View PostArcticLion, on 15 October 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

I restarted playing this game after 1/2 years and after few games with the lineups you can see bellow, i asked myself a question, and that is if i should realy bother with tank research when there is so much gold tanks that are clearly much better out there?

so screenshots from other peoples replays containing a large number of prem tanks...the point being?..gimme 2mins and I can show you loads of screens from tier 8 games from random replays of other people with no prem tanks.

Gvozdika #4 Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38155 battles

OP does have a point though. Putting aside the progression through the national trees - if you just like playing at a certain tier and a certain type of vehicle, in many cases there is a premium that fits the bill and probably just as good if not a bit better. 

So, if you want to play a T8 heavy and earn a load of cash in the process - you can take a Defender (which is arguably better than an IS-3 vs. most opposition), a Lowe (which is outright better than the Tiger II) or Patriot (which is better than a T32 in 9/10 cases). The same goes for the Skorpion vs. the Ferdi/JPII/Borsig (much better than all three in Randoms) and the shining beacon of game balance that is the E-25 (better than pretty much every regular T7 TD if you have half a functioning brain cell). 

A better route in my view is probably to make premium vehicles an alternative to their tech tree equivalent or just standalone models with no regular counterpart (e.g. M4 Rev doesn't have a French tech tree equivalent to compare against and is no better or worse than most regular T8 mediums - so it doesn't have the above problem. The Liberte is so radically different from the AMX 50 100 you just cannot compare the two - they are probably on a par with each other depending on the map/player.)

TORKARDGIANT #5 Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14351 battles

If you want to pay to play good on you it helps fund the game for the rest of us, if you want to get the best out of the game i would recommend working your way up the tech trees this will help you learn the game and be a better player in my op.

which ever way you choose good luck and have fun

Derethim #6 Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17534 battles

View PostGvozdika, on 15 October 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

I know what you mean.

I also feel, that premium tanks should just be different versions of tanks already existing in the tech tree. Instead, they are removing unique tanks and making lines "boring" by putting multiple versions of the same tank in progression in the tech tree and then putting a unique premium tank beside them on the same tier, which makes the game lose variety and the fun factor.

Homer_J #7 Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostArcticLion, on 15 October 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Do you enjoy working your way through the research tree?  If not then you have the option to open your wallet and keep the game running.  Thank you.

gunslingerXXX #8 Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11077 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostArcticLion, on 15 October 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Nice MM!

Oh wait, did you by chance only post the full tier 8 matches?

Oh wait, you are surprized there are alot of premiums at tier 8?

GG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users