Jump to content


lagg

lagg

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

oldsheps_ #1 Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9192 battles
  • 22
  • [FAART] FAART
  • Member since:
    03-21-2017
Please i know you is prob sick o hearing this, but from when i came on this eve , i get nothing but lagg when in battle, no other time just battle ..Its so frustrating.. yes im wired up (ethernet cable) never had this much probs before ??? thanks . conbat..

ricoBenitez1 #2 Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 506 battles
  • 608
  • Member since:
    10-29-2013

And ofc you belive that your internet connection goes directly from you to the wot server. 

Ofc your connection dosent go tru several hubs on the way from you to the wot server.



Homer_J #3 Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,103
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

Download pingplotter

point it at login.p1.worldoftanks.eu or login.p2.worldoftanks.eu depending which server you have problems with

let it run while you play a few battles.

Save the pingplotter trace as an image file and attach it to the forum.

 

Spoiler


Spurtung #4 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 63834 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 17 October 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

Download pingplotter

point it at login.p1.worldoftanks.eu or login.p2.worldoftanks.eu depending which server you have problems with

let it run while you play a few battles.

Save the pingplotter trace as an image file and attach it to the forum.

 

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

Not exactly sure what's the bottom graph for, especially what's the x axis about.



Schmeksiman #5 Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16280 battles
  • 6,601
  • [INC] INC
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostSpurtung, on 18 October 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

 

Spoiler

 

Not exactly sure what's the bottom graph for, especially what's the x axis about.

 

Bottom graph shows ping over time. It was very useful for me as I could accurately track when my brother would start downloading something and then cut his connection.

Homer_J #6 Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,103
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostSpurtung, on 18 October 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

 

Spoiler

 

Not exactly sure what's the bottom graph for, especially what's the x axis about.

 

Bottom chart is a timeline.

 

The question is, do you have an issue because that trace is completely fine.  Or were you having lag at the time that trace was running?

 

If that was last night/this morning they may have been doing some prep work for the patch which cause lag at the server side.  The timestamp is less than an hour before the patch.  Or maybe there were so many people on trying to get the FV215b unlocked before the servers went down that it was actually overloaded.


Edited by Homer_J, 18 October 2017 - 09:04 AM.


Spurtung #7 Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 63834 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 18 October 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

If that was last night/this morning they may have been doing some prep work for the patch which cause lag at the server side.  The timestamp is less than an hour before the patch.  Or maybe there were so many people on trying to get the FV215b unlocked before the servers went down that it was actually overloaded.

Those were done on the 9th, I just remembered I got the screenshots and since pingplotter got mentioned again, posted them to ask that.



Homer_J #8 Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,103
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostSpurtung, on 18 October 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Those were done on the 9th, I just remembered I got the screenshots and since pingplotter got mentioned again, posted them to ask that.

 

OK, and were you having lag at the time?

Spurtung #9 Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 63834 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 18 October 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

 

OK, and were you having lag at the time?

 

Sometimes I do have weird spikes, and can't really understand why, as at that time WoT was the only thing using internet.

Homer_J #10 Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,103
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostSpurtung, on 18 October 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

 

Sometimes I do have weird spikes, and can't really understand why, as at that time WoT was the only thing using internet.

 

Well about all you can do is leave pingplotter running then take a look when you do get spikes.  If it is a network issue it will show up.  If it's a server or client issue it might not.

 

But odd lag spikes are part of internet gaming.







Also tagged with lagg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users