• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

KingMatt #1 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Community Contributor
  • 22951 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Hello my dear tankers!

I am here today, in the International Forum, asking for help on the super-hated stats. I am not and addicted to stats and i never was one but, the point is; i am witnessing a real mad behaviour from my personal stats...

As you can see from my signature, i am experiencing huge shifts between global and recent. The "fun" side of this matter, is that i am checking day by day, and the recent stats are decreasing like the number of KV-1S post nerf - decreasing a lot in a very short period of time - since the beginning of last week. I can understand that i might had some bad games in a row, but losing 200/300 point from overall to recent is absurd, counting that global stats wereincreasing... Win rate is also on heavy drugs; yesterday it was on 61%, today 60% some days ago 59%...

Checking on various stats web-sites, i am noticing that ALL of them reports these shifts. I stopped playing the game for some time, then i got back some months ago. Maybe that's the problem? Stats counter is going crazy because it has to recover old pieces of info? So, why my overall is increasing? Am i the only one experiencing this?

Hoping to hear your opinion,

regards.

:honoring:

Edited by KingMatt, 17 October 2017 - 09:16 AM.

shishx_the_animal #2 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
Have you tried the good ol' fashioned "git gud" medicine? It's quite popular on these forums!

UrQuan #3 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You said you took a break, this could explain it all really. I had a break as well & when I came back, my stats were all over the place too, some days great, some days real crap. Likely this is due to partial loss of skill, things you forgot, or things that changed during your absence.

What doesn't help matters is the new normalized WN8 system, meaning that it treats all tanks of the same class on the same tier as same, even tho a Defender is much easier to play then a VK 45 A tank, causing an even wider gap in WN8 ratings, depending on the tanks you play.

Recently, I did notice my stats getting balanced out, as I regained some lost knowledge & got accustomed to some new map gameplays. Still shifts up & down, but not as extreme. Do note that due to the WN8 change, you can experience severe drops from overall to your recent if you usually played the 'weaker' tanks, as the strong tanks are easier to score WN8 rating with.

A better indicator is the WR tbh due to all the changes WN8 went through, it can be a bit off on older accounts, ,if the recent is on par with your overall, you're good to go & have fun! 

Edited by UrQuan, 17 October 2017 - 09:25 AM.

KingMatt #4 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Community Contributor
  • 22951 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

View PostUrQuan, on 17 October 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

You said you took a break, this could explain it all really. I had a break as well & when I came back, my stats were all over the place too, some days great, some days real crap. Likely this is due to partial loss of skill, things you forgot, or things that changed during your absence.

What doesn't help matters is the new normalized WN8 system, meaning that it treats all tanks of the same class on the same tier as same, even tho a Defender is much easier to play then a VK 45 A tank, causing an even wider gap in WN8 ratings, depending on the tanks you play.

Recently, I did notice my stats getting balanced out, as I regained some lost knowledge & got accustomed to some new map gameplays. Still shifts up & down, but not as extreme. Do note that due to the WN8 change, you can experience severe drops from overall to your recent if you usually played the 'weaker' tanks, as the strong tanks are easier to score WN8 rating with.

A better indicator is the WR tbh due to all the changes WN8 went through, it can be a bit off on older accounts, ,if the recent is on par with your overall, you're good to go & have fun! 

Yeah, the break time is my only explanation to this, even if i am back since some months. Isn't it strange to notice these shifts so many months later while my overall was increasing? 

I might also add that two weeks ago my recent stats were set to almost 2.400 (if i remember correctly the "recent square" in the signature was purple). Now they are near 2.200. 200 points lost in 2 weeks? It means playing worse than bots... :P

Edited by KingMatt, 17 October 2017 - 09:33 AM.

qpranger #5 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
OP l2p scrub.

K_A #6 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

git gud or die trying :trollface:

Anyway, the difference between your overall and recents is not much and perfectly explainable by having a break.

Cannes76 #7 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62440 battles
  • [3V] 3V
Looks like you're slowly moving up in tiers and this is the cause of your grief. Higher tier play is more demanding and requires a slightly different skillset. Something which might take you a while to get used to...

UrQuan #8 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKingMatt, on 17 October 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Yeah, the break time is my only explanation to this, even if i am back since some months. Isn't it strange to notice these shifts so many months later while my overall was increasing? 

I might also add that two weeks ago my recent stats were set to almost 2.400. Now they are near 2.200. 200 points in 2 weeks? It means playing worse than bots :P

I used Noobmeter to check where the issue could be & noticed that your WN8 was pretty steady last two months, lower then before the break, but looking at the WR achieved during that period I think you're back on track to how good you were before the break. Can be the tanks you played in the recent period rely less on damage to win games (Type 4, one you played often recently, does have that terror factor, leading to people going out the way to avoid fighting it directly, causing you to miss out on damage & hence less WN8)

Something else I noticed is your shift in tiers, your recent shows you play more then a full tier higher, which also can explain the shift downward in WN8, as you meet more skilled people & hence have to compete harder to achieve similar ratings.

Noobmeter is a great site to analyze your stats & find our where the difference lies in certain trends, usually explained by 'I played tank Y alot in this period' or 'I played a specific class alot' or 'I played higher/lower tiers then usual'

You do seem to me a very good player tho, as you play a wide variety of tanks, all with excellent results. So no worries, you'll be back on track soon with your WN8, your WR is already there & so that's good :great:

Edited by UrQuan, 17 October 2017 - 09:48 AM.

dennez #9 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16745 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I can relate to this..

I was bad. Then i took a break and returned. Now i'm still bad. What am i doing wrong? I've tried everything. 1 day break, 1 month and even 3 months.

KingMatt #10 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Community Contributor
  • 22951 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Guys, the focus point of this topic is:

Why on Earth my recent stats shifted from 2.400+ (two weeks ago) with an increasing overall (that is still increasing) to 2.100 in such little time? Why my win rate shifted from 61%, to 60%,  to 59% and back to 60% in just two weeks?

I know playing hight tier is more demanding and i took a lot of "git gud" in all those years playing this game but i never notices such mad behaviour... Losing 200 points in two weaks means, in these days i just log into battle, leaving my tank to die without even playing... XD

UrQuan thanks for your answers. Is the Type-4, a single tank between all i have played, with such few batles, so important to recent stats?

p.s.: just checking again my signature... 101 games played in a single day?! Stats on drugs confirmed!

Edited by KingMatt, 17 October 2017 - 09:57 AM.

Aikl #11 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:53 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostKingMatt, on 17 October 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

I might also add that two weeks ago my recent stats were set to almost 2.400 (if i remember correctly the "recent square" in the signature was purple). Now they are near 2.200. 200 points lost in 2 weeks? It means playing worse than bots... :P

Tons of variables to pick from. How much you platoon, for instance, or even the matchmaker. Those are somewhat related.

From experience it takes a few weeks to "reclaim" your previous skill, even if you can perform at 80-90% of your pre-break skill almost at once. Also, I'm pretty sure WN8 isn't linear - a difference in damage output might translate to a greater difference in WN8.

Edited by Aikl, 17 October 2017 - 10:11 AM.

shishx_the_animal #12 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postdennez, on 17 October 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

I can relate to this..

I was bad. Then i took a break and returned. Now i'm still bad. What am i doing wrong? I've tried everything. 1 day break, 1 month and even 3 months.

When was the last time you've purchased a Fort Knox? :thinking:

qpranger #13 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 17 October 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

When was the last time you've purchased a Fort Knox? :thinking:

Fort Knox is so last year. 

Now you must purchase the "Tier VIII of the week".

UrQuan #14 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKingMatt, on 17 October 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Why on Earth my recent stats shifted from 2.400+ (two weeks ago) with an increasing overall (that is still increasing) to 2.100 in such little time? Why my win rate shifted from 61%, to 60%,  to 59% and back to 60% in just two weeks?

UrQuan thanks for your answers. Is the Type-4, a single tank between all i have played, with such few batles, so important to recent stats?  

More of a possible example/explanation + the tier shift does have a bigger influence tbh. 

Might found the reason for your drop. A month ago (when your recents would show 2400, which probably includes battles from before the break) you were having a session with low WN8 (for you, mind you, I still couldn't get 2K if I tried), interval is a month (13 september till 10 october, check noobmeter site) where you were barely above 2K. 

Add to how 'show the recent stat' stuff works, this lower performance would barely show, till your old pre-break battles drop off your recents, causing a big drop suddenly. 

Likely your stats till two weeks showed 2400 WN8 recent (as your pre-break recents were 2600+ WN8, this can hide a big drop in performance) & then dropped, despite you now playing alot better then during that sept/october interval, it's just stats catching up to your after-break performance.

This is also why taking breaks can cause big swings in stats. Pre-break you were being super awesome, but then you took a break, come back, start badly (but it gets hidden by your pre-break awesome stats) you get back in the flow, get better & then suddenly your stats drop. Huh? But that's because your pre-break awesomeness just got filtered out & you're faced with your 'bad' performance after your break.

In short: nothing to worry about, it's just stats doing their thing, catching up to your lower then usual performance after, showing a drop, while you actually improved since then. Serious, I think you're fine & the simple explanation is 'I had a break & now I'm back' Give it another month & you'll be wondering what the fuss is about.

This is also why one should be careful when handling stats, they're not as simple & straightforward as some folks think.

Edited by UrQuan, 17 October 2017 - 10:15 AM.

JocMeister #15 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20499 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Will guess here. But I think its probably the other way around. You had a good week and you bumped your recents up to 2,4k. Now you are back on your normal wn8 rather than the other way around?

Looking at your stats you have been rock solid at around 2,2-2,3k for the last 5k games or so. You basically hit your Skill cap. 

Just a thought. I know I tend to get good sessions that bumps my recents up but I then slow drop back down to my normal level. 

Edited by JocMeister, 17 October 2017 - 10:14 AM.

xtram3x #16 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30717 battles

Worst "look at my stats I am not red" post ever!!

On another note, the break would explain it and the tier higher like others have said.

KingMatt #17 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Community Contributor
  • 22951 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
Thanks UrQuan, that might explain my problem

Spurtung #18 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60054 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostKingMatt, on 17 October 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

Guys, the focus point of this topic is:

I know playing hight tier is more demanding and i took a lot of "git gud" in all those years playing this game but i never notices such mad behaviour... Losing 200 points in two weaks means, in these days i just log into battle, leaving my tank to die without even playing... XD

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

HundeWurst #19 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Hello there....

Offtopic: Weow you are a community contributor yet I have never ever seen you here before... Interesting.

Ontopic: Not that I care or have checked my stats but for the past 5 days I had the by far worst run of RNG I have ever seen. And with RNG I mean not only the ingame RNG but also the MM RNG. I have never had so many bad games, so many abysmally bad teams in a row. It was and still is insane how bad I was treated by the MM and the RNG.

That left me with only one option: I had my fair share of random games for the year. Its time to do something else. I wont touch random battles this year any more. Some clan activities here and there yes but no random battles. I was just so frustrated. And when there is no fun left in all that frustration there is no point to play.

sgtYester #20 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52213 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

wn8 needs to be changed so that t takes into account the tiers u play.  the lower tiers u play, the less influence it should have on wn8 rating.

also, remove xvm from battles

Also tagged with WN8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users