Which tier has the best gameplay

tier play the game frustration

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Best tier to play the game (104 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which tier has less bots/idiots/griefers/statpadders

1. Tier I (4 votes [2.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.76%

2. Tier II (3 votes [2.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.07%

3. Tier III (8 votes [5.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.52%

4. Tier IV (6 votes [4.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.14%

5. Tier V (10 votes [6.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

6. Voted Tier VI (18 votes [12.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.41%

7. Tier VII (16 votes [11.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.03%

8. Tier VIII (7 votes [4.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.83%

9. Voted Tier IX (59 votes [40.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.69%

10. Tier X (14 votes [9.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.66%

Vote Hide poll

Havoc7926 #1 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

Morning tankers.

In the past we have had polls and discussions on the most 'fun' tier to play but today I wanted to ask the question in a slightly different way.  My desire to play WoT is declining rapidly at the moment because I either seem to get a team with several bots (the top tier heavy sat on the redline waving its turret about, never moving and almost never shooting), Stat padders (fully blinged out tanks playing in a tier that the drivers are obviously way too good for using game mechanics to invisibly kill people for fun) and idiots (team killers, tank pushers and blockers, people thinking they are driving a submarine and finding the first bit of water they can).  It's frustrating and no fun.  

I want your opinion on which tier has the fewest occurrences of this sort of behaviour.  Now I don't mind people being bad (I'm bad and I can't claim otherwise) but at least I try and play the game as a team based tank combat game.  I'm not good enough really to play tier X but moving down the tiers to learn all I'm encountering are games full of strange behaviour.  I'm wondering if I might be better taking the credit loss and just learning at tier X!  I know that tier VIII has it's problems at the moment but I want to focus on the game play not the MM.  If I have to join the OP tier VIII premium crowd then I will (I have a Skorp so I'm probably already there).

There is a poll and you can select up to 2 tiers.  Which ones(s) are best to experience an actual game in?  Thanks

Sfinski #2 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30928 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
T9 like it has always been. Cannot see +2 tiers higher tanks. Almost every t9 tank is good good so can fight t10s just fine and be awesome against t8s and t7s.

qpranger #3 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:40 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31449 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Deficient poll again, no "your mom" option.

Havoc7926 #4 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

View Postqpranger, on 17 October 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Deficient poll again, no "your mom" option.

You know I had that nagging feeling I'd forgotten something.

View PostSfinski, on 17 October 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

T9 like it has always been. Cannot see +2 tiers higher tanks. Almost every t9 tank is good good so can fight t10s just fine and be awesome against t8s and t7s.

I guess that makes sense.  Higher tiers are not going to have the problem of the stat padders because they need to do that at lower tiers and presumably you get less of the idiot behaviour (pushing, blocking, team damage) at it's not helping peoples personal stats.

Time to roll out the E 50 and T-10 then I think.

Xandania #5 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35434 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
Sadly only two votes to give out - I'd say it is tier 2 and 3 at the lower end and 9 and 10 at the upper one - though the amounts of gold flying around are in my experience the same in both parts.

UrQuan #6 Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19398 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
For a very long time, tier 8 was my favorite tier to play on, but on a relative short time, about a year, that changed dramatically, from best tier to tough tier to play on :(. But now tier 9 has become the new tier 8 for me. Great gameplay there, varied opponents/teams & lots of fun with my armored tanks! 

Dr_Oolen #7 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20571 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

9>7>10>5>>>6>>>>>>8

i wouldnt really know about t1-4 so cant really put them anywhere

The_Georgian_One #8 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35225 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
I voted tier 9 for reasons already mentioned, but I find tier 7 ok as well, provided that you don't drive an underpowered vehicle. I've been playing a lot Jpanther and Panther recently for the marks and it's not that bad.

STLR #9 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30399 battles
  • [MIND] MIND
IX and X.  rest is not really a challenge, unless ur retarded/masochist. 

Hamsterkicker #10 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32927 battles
  • [TRCD] TRCD
Tier IX, competent tanks, good mm.  Tier VII I really like as well.  Tier VI is fun with KV2.

ZlatanArKung #11 Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
T9 is the most balanced tier in game, also, by a coincidence, the tier WG has balanced the least (like nothing).
Maybe not a coincidence though.

CaptainThunderWalker #12 Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18937 battles

I voted Tier III and IV.

Tier III is very well balanced - sure there's the odd overpowered premium tank (FCM Pak 40, Pz II J, BT-SV) but they have their counters and are vulnerable to common troll tanks (Cruiser II), the best Tier III TD (Ikv 72) and two of them hate another statpadder's favourite (Pz I C), leaving it an oddly balanced tier. They see a lot of same-tier matches too and aren't that vulnerable to even the strongest Tier IV tanks, either.

Tier IV is surprisingly playable, though with an entirely different philosophy. One third of the Tier IV tank is utter garbage, and there's a bunch that's just average.

But on Tier IV there is a bunch of tanks that are basically Tier IV-V instead of just Tier IV, they are too strong for the tier in theory but due to the matchmaker and the sheer number of these strong Tier IV tanks, it all works out. This second group includes most TDs, but also the Matilda, Luchs, Chi-He, Ke-Ho, etc... Practically 40% of all Tier IV tanks recide in that group, and as such they are the benchmark of balanced, even if compared to the other 60% of the tier they are a bit too strong. Hell, in a Tier IV only game even the D.W 2 and B1 HT aren't the turds they are often blamed to be, and I don't really understand the hate the Pz B2 740 gets (sure it's strong, but it still gets smoked by a lot of Tier IV tanks).

Both tiers have some absolute turds though.

Edited by CaptainThunderWalker, 17 October 2017 - 12:20 PM.

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20670 battles

Hate these threads. I know WG can monitor what tiers players are playing most but all these "whats the best free tank" and "which tier makes the most credits" and "what tier do you play most" basically gifts WG free feedback on what's happening and unfortunately, what tier they can target and ruin next and what tanks they can nerf or credit nerf next. If you find a tank or tier in which you really enjoy or makes you credits, don't be stupid enough to flaunt it around on a site WG can use a case study and market research.

Edit- Point being, if you discover a tank or tier you really enjoy for whatever reason, performance, results, credits made etc, keep it to yourself or risk losing it or having it nerfed or whatever negative application will undoubtedly come it's way.

Tier9 yes, the Goldilocks choice of WoT in which the performance vs running cost is "just right" compared to the tier8 which is "too cold" and tier10 which is "too hot". Well, enjoy advertising this info on a WG site and also enjoy having it looked at and tweaked by WG(A business for making money btw in case you are braindead beyond obvious actions) who now know beyond any shadow of their analytics doubt, that tier9 is used most of all. So now what? well you can expect it to get targeted and some money making application to be introduced, credit income nerfed perhaps? repairs increased perhaps? ya good going guys, you keep feeding them pure gold info :facepalm:

Havoc7926 #14 Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

View PostTungstenHitman, on 17 October 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hate these threads. I know WG can monitor what tiers players are playing most but all these "whats the best free tank" and "which tier makes the most credits" and "what tier do you play most" basically gifts WG free feedback on what's happening and unfortunately, what tier they can target and ruin next and what tanks they can nerf or credit nerf next. If you find a tank or tier in which you really enjoy or makes you credits, don't be stupid enough to flaunt it around on a site WG can use a case study and market research.

Edit- Point being, if you discover a tank or tier you really enjoy for whatever reason, performance, results, credits made etc, keep it to yourself or risk losing it or having it nerfed or whatever negative application will undoubtedly come it's way.

Three things:

If you read the OP you would see I was not asking about best tank, most credits, biggest epeen.  I was asking at which tier the occurrence of a lot of the frustrating game play was the least.

If you believe that WG don't have access to much better hard  data from their own servers and software than the opinion of less than 100 people in the forum and that by speaking their name three times you will summon them into existence you need to re-calibrate your personal paranoia alarm.

If you dislike the post so much why put it back on the top of the pile by commenting (twice)?

jack_timber #15 Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32405 battles

SU85B at T4, UDES at T8. Both hard hitters and good camo and suprisingly both TDs.

Oops T4 and T8 then won't get specific:)

Edited by jack_timber, 17 October 2017 - 01:50 PM.

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20670 battles

View PostHavoc7926, on 17 October 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

Three things:

If you read the OP you would see I was not asking about best tank, most credits, biggest epeen.  I was asking at which tier the occurrence of a lot of the frustrating game play was the least.

If you believe that WG don't have access to much better hard  data from their own servers and software than the opinion of less than 100 people in the forum and that by speaking their name three times you will summon them into existence you need to re-calibrate your personal paranoia alarm.

If you dislike the post so much why put it back on the top of the pile by commenting (twice)?

I did read, though nobody else did. I didn't even bother(with an answer to your question) since it was just a whine thread about shitter teammates, getting team killed and all the usual. You will find all these negative traits at any tier, but then again, with such a large battle count, you already know this and your real motives behind this thread is to [edited]and rant about bad teams and players you keep getting, am I wrong? Because that's what's in your thread "since I bothered to read it"

Unfortunately the responses you are getting are just about what tier is the best gameplay which I believe is sowing the seeds for the usual WG negative balancing and nobody has actually answered what tier avoid bots, a-holes and idiots as you were pretending to be genuinely inquiring about... sigh

View Postjack_timber, on 17 October 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

SU85B at T4, UDES at T8. Both hard hitters and good camo and suprisingly both TDs.

Oops T4 and T8 then won't get specific:)

No this is not what OP is looking for, he wants to know what tier avoids getting teammates of sub 50% losers and teammates that push him and touch him inappropriately 

jack_timber #17 Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32405 battles
Well now I am confused, nowt new there though.

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20670 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 17 October 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Well now I am confused, nowt new there though.

Where's the confusion? You Just need to read the thread? Here's a shorter version for you, OP asked(or moaned more like)

"I either seem to get a team with several bots (the top tier heavy sat on the redline waving its turret about, never moving and almost never shooting), Stat padders (fully blinged out tanks playing in a tier that the drivers are obviously way too good for using game mechanics to invisibly kill people for fun) and idiots (team killers, tank pushers and blockers, people thinking they are driving a submarine and finding the first bit of water they can).  It's frustrating and no fun.  I want your opinion on which tier has the fewest occurrences of this sort of behaviour"

Rati_Festa #19 Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41385 battles
Who is voting T8 ffs?

Bucifel #20 Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29529 battles
  • [JDUN] JDUN

View PostRati_Festa, on 17 October 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Who is voting T8 ffs?